WTF Andre Reed???

MClem06

He answered the question honestly.

In the unlikely event the team does move to Toronto, are we expecting our players to refuse their paychecks and not move with them?

If it was off-record, then the only dick in this scenario is the reporter, plain and simple.

Edited by The Big Cat

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what is wrong with this country and many who live in it. Integrity and morals are not instilled in young people or are for sale in adults. I bet the bank Mr Kelly would NEVER, EVER say or do such a thing. As for paying me to root for the Toronto Bills I don't care what you want to pay me, I'm not for sale. If this report is true, F'em.

I certainly am for sale for 10k a game

Wow, I used to like going up to TO, I even lived in NYC. You people should get out more and see more stuff if this really is offensive to you. I too would go to games in TO if I was paid, hope it never happens but.....

Well, it was probably something he should not have said.

But, if anyone thinks for a second that say Thurman moved back to WNY because he likes to shovel snow.

I would say doubtful.

Andre has done a lot. he gave profits to charities on his barbecue sauce and put in on the line for the team when he was here.

Not many are delusional enough to think someone would move to Buffalo because of the nightlife, or because

Of the great financial opportunities and work the area provides. What did I forget? yea, taxes.

I would say that Thurman moved back to Buffalo in part bc that's where his wife is from...

http://nymag.com/new...o-bills-2014-7/

Credibility of the quotes in question but if it's true WTF Andre? Thought Buffalo was in your heart. Guess not...

Page 3:

Now, I ain’t gonna lie to you,” Reed said. “One year I went up to Toronto, and man, I had a good-ass time up there.”

“Off the record,” Sabuda said.

“Off the record—I had a great time,” Reed said. When I asked if he would continue being a part of the franchise as he had in Buffalo, he paused, then admitted that his allegiance to the city wasn’t ironclad: “If they paid me.”

Talk about cherry picking….

When Andre is making his HOF speech and he looks out at the crowd, he will see many people with BUFFALO Bills jerseys cheering him. Those people will be there because of the bond that WNY and Buffalo have with the BUFFALO Bills. It means much more than JBJ and the money bags in the TO group could pay him.

If he does not know it now, I hope he realizes it then.

I read it that way too but if you look at the context it wasn't the reporter who said off the record so technically it doesn't fall under the confidentiality of the reporter.

Yes- it was the report who said "off the record"

He asked "off the record?" And Andre confirmed by starting his next sentence with "off the record"

I was a journalism and communications major and that was something that was stressed early and often... Respect your sources... This dude should be lucky to get a job flipping burgers by weeks end...

In reference to his "if they paid me" comment. I didn't interpret that as a dog against Buffalo at all... He was asked if he would support the team outside of Buffalo- and his response was that his support of Buffalo wasn't iron-clad by stating "if they paid me"... Toronto... If Toronto paid him, he would support the team if it were moved there...

Yes- it was the report who said "off the record"

He asked "off the record?" And Andre confirmed by starting his next sentence with "off the record"

I was a journalism and communications major and that was something that was stressed early and often... Respect your sources... This dude should be lucky to get a job flipping burgers by weeks end...

In reference to his "if they paid me" comment. I didn't interpret that as a dog against Buffalo at all... He was asked if he would support the team outside of Buffalo- and his response was that his support of Buffalo wasn't iron-clad by stating "if they paid me"... Toronto... If Toronto paid him, he would support the team if it were moved there...

lest we forget he "supported" the redskins when they "paid" him too.

Not really that bothered about the comment. Let's put it this way, is there something you dislike, like say a resturant, that you wouldn't ever step foot in it? What about if they paid you?

I take his comment as that... He wouldn't go out of his way to support a team in Toronto unless they paid him.

He answered the question honestly.

In the unlikely event the team does move to Toronto, are we expecting our players to refuse their paychecks and not move with them?

If it was off-record, then the only dick in this scenario is the reporter, plain and simple.

If you ask John Adams, that's just good reporting.

I am blown away to read that so many "wouldn't fault ex-Bills" if they followed the team to Toronto.

Money be damned, have a little pride and integrity...stand up for the people who have made you a millionaire.

Any ex-Bills player that follows the team to Toronto IF it moves, would be immediately erased from my memory of Buffalo Bills football...they would be dead to me, as would the team.

Kind of funny how many people are spending hard-earned money to go support this guy this weekend...meanwhile he is admitting he would sell-out and spit in the faces of those same people.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

(Hopefully Terry Pegula can prevent this mess, that will undoubtedly happen, if the unforgiving scenario comes to fruition.)

Not really that bothered about the comment. Let's put it this way, is there something you dislike, like say a resturant, that you wouldn't ever step foot in it? What about if they paid you?

I take his comment as that... He wouldn't go out of his way to support a team in Toronto unless they paid him.

ANY MAN (or woman) WITH ANY SENSE OF PRIDE AND INTEGRITY...DOES NOT SELL-OUT!

That's like saying someone could pay you enough to stop rooting for the Bills, and start rooting for the Patriots...if so, what kind of fan are you? (Not you personally, just fans in general.)

*EDIT: Sorry if this is a little strong...but growing up and becoming a man, I was always reminded to keep my beliefs/morals within view...Andre Reed has failed to do that, in my opinion.

Edited by Bob Malooga

I am blown away to read that so many "wouldn't fault ex-Bills" if they followed the team to Toronto.

Money be damned, have a little pride and integrity...stand up for the people who have made you a millionaire.

Any ex-Bills player that follows the team to Toronto IF it moves, would be immediately erased from my memory of Buffalo Bills football...they would be dead to me, as would the team.

Kind of funny how many people are spending hard-earned money to go support this guy this weekend...meanwhile he is admitting he would sell-out and spit in the faces of those same people.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

(Hopefully Terry Pegula can prevent this mess, that will undoubtedly happen, if the unforgiving scenario comes to fruition.)

ANY MAN (or woman) WITH ANY SENSE OF PRIDE AND INTEGRITY...DOES NOT SELL-OUT!

That's like saying someone could pay you enough to stop rooting for the Bills, and start rooting for the Patriots...if so, what kind of fan are you? (Not you personally, just fans in general.)

*EDIT: Sorry if this is a little strong...but growing up and becoming a man, I was always reminded to keep my beliefs/morals within view...Andre Reed has failed to do that, in my opinion.

Look, I love the Bills and have rooted for them my whole life. I never intend to change allegiances and the thought makes me a bit sick. That being said, you give me $10 million and it happens.