GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

He was amazing. I was actually living in the Fresno area (not something I'd recommend to anyone) when he was in his heyday. Since Fresno was his hometown he got plenty of play there.

Thanks!

used to cheer for all the criminal element teams, and Indiana

somehow Knight managed to beat those teams if his squad was better than a 15 point underdog

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Thanks!

used to cheer for all the criminal element teams, and Indiana

somehow Knight managed to beat those teams if his squad was better than a 15 point underdog

I suppose testament to order over disorder.  

Now...back to the Buckeyes.  Yes, I would do whatever it takes to land Chase Young.

Just now, Cripple Creek said:

I suppose testament to order over disorder.  

Now...back to the Buckeyes.  Yes, I would do whatever it takes to land Chase Young.

it wasn’t suggested the Buckeyes have ever been criminal element

(you get your own punchline on that one)

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Hate this BS , oh no he got a loan from a friend, who cares.

Hopefully this will be covered under the new rules of players making money off their name.

17 hours ago, par73 said:

A source told Herbstreit OSU expects a 4-game ban (which they will appeal). If I were Young, and this is upheld, I'd just quit. NCAA is a joke.

Get ready for the draft

28 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Hate this BS , oh no he got a loan from a friend, who cares.

Hopefully this will be covered under the new rules of players making money off their name.

Get ready for the draft

What a joke.  The good news for him is that the NCAA has  a record of rethinking punishments. Well in child rape cases that went on for years and years anyway.  Who knows when it comes to an obvious future millionaire getting a loan or a kid selling an autograph.  That stuff is on a different level.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/17/2019 at 5:06 PM, Willyville Guy said:

No way they cover this. If they do, look out.

I honestly am laying the points unless the weather is terrible. With the exception of Clemson, I think that the Bucks are 2 scores better than every team in the country. I could easily see this game being 42-17. This team is different.

18 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I honestly am laying the points unless the weather is terrible. With the exception of Clemson, I think that the Bucks are 2 scores better than every team in the country. I could easily see this game being 42-17. This team is different.

I hear you.  The way this team came out of the gate this year was different.  Watching them take the best shots of several ranked opponents, figuring those teams out, and then comprehensively dismantling them has been highly, highly satisfying. It does seem different. I never say championship or bust because I try to enjoy each season for what it is, but this does feel like one of *those* seasons.

There's still no way in hell I'm laying all those points in a cold weather game against PSU a week before TTUN :lol: Go Bucks!

Edited by Willyville Guy
  • Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Day is a moron. Kick the god&$#mn FG! What are you thinking !!!

Questionable call there for sure. Fortunately looks like Fields is ok. 

3 hours ago, CommonCents said:

Blowout.

Should have been, if not for several self-infected errors. Thought PSU defense played well, overall. 

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Questionable call there for sure. Fortunately looks like Fields is ok. 

Should have been, if not for several self-infected errors. Thought PSU defense played well, overall. 

I didn’t like bringing back Urban’s playbook or the fumbles. They really did not play well at all. That was by far the worst game that they’ve played this year. They beat a top 8 team by double digits. 

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I didn’t like bringing back Urban’s playbook or the fumbles. They really did not play well at all. That was by far the worst game that they’ve played this year. They beat a top 8 team by double digits. 

In the long run it will help for them to be focused on continuing to get better for next week and beyond rather than a week of people praising them up and down. But have to get those turnovers under control. They should have won by much more, and they know that. Fields fumbling into the end zone and the flag on Munford is probably another 14 points they should have had...  and Nits only scored when they got the ball in osu territory. Buckeyes D only gave up like 230 total yards. They needed a game like this imo. As much as I prefer blowouts. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

In the long run it will help for them to be focused on continuing to get better for next week and beyond rather than a week of people praising them up and down. But have to get those turnovers under control. They should have won by much more, and they know that. Fields fumbling into the end zone and the flag on Munford is probably another 14 points they should have had...  and Nits only scored when they got the ball in osu territory. Buckeyes D only gave up like 230 total yards. They needed a game like this imo. As much as I prefer blowouts. 

Penn State D caused those turnovers.  Quite honestly, I thought the game was going to be a blowout, more so after Clifford left so early in the game.  Backup played okay.  He's a freshman so that may bode well for the future.  Penn State D backs gave up their usual big plays...but didn't have the usual PI's.  Glad PSU gave them a game after all.  OSU should either be ranked 1 or 2 after that win.  I expect they will be playing in the championship game.

18 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Penn State D caused those turnovers.  Quite honestly, I thought the game was going to be a blowout, more so after Clifford left so early in the game.  Backup played okay.  He's a freshman so that may bode well for the future.  Penn State D backs gave up their usual big plays...but didn't have the usual PI's.  Glad PSU gave them a game after all.  OSU should either be ranked 1 or 2 after that win.  I expect they will be playing in the championship game.

They will still be ranked 2. If they win the next 2, could land at 1.

Give PSU credit for not quitting after going down 21-0. I didn’t understand Franklin’s decisions to punt twice In the first half inside osu territory

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Give PSU credit for not quitting after going down 21-0. I didn’t understand Franklin’s decisions to punt twice In the first half inside osu territory

I think Franklin was playing for field position.  I question it too...particularly the second one when they were at the OSU 36.  Granted it was 4th and 7, but Penn State wasn't limiting OSU to any 3 and outs.  Field position at that point was moot.  

Just returned from the game.  Credit to the lions for not only causing turnovers but for turning them into points.  Exciting game to be  at— especially the part when it looked like PSU was coming back but they didn’t come back and the Buckeyes won.  That was the best.  Xichigan Hate Week starts now. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

Just returned from the game.  Credit to the lions for not only causing turnovers but for turning them into points.  Exciting game to be  at— especially the part when it looked like PSU was coming back but they didn’t come back and the Buckeyes won.  That was the best.  Xichigan Hate Week starts now. 

Since you saw it live, was Chase Young getting held as much as it looked like on TV? I was beside myself. 

6 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

It was fun to watch him battle up front every play. Looked like a lot of action but nothing egregious jumped out at me. 

It looked to me like they were getting away with a ton. Didn’t matter though. I actually thought the officiating was poor on both sides. Fields knee was down on the fumble and their RBs knee was down on the TD. But dobbins got away with face mask that should have negated horse collar. And Sevyn banks got away with running into the kicker. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/23/2019 at 4:41 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Told you they'd be ranked number 1 this week.  Playing a much more competitive schedule in the Big Ten. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

That’s rough. Hope he can go. Meanwhile, lots of smoke this week from UM boards about Fields not being 100% but all I see from the OSU beat is that he’s totally fine. Not sure what to make of all that. 

I think he’s banged up but it’s mostly his left thumb.   Reports he was sore. He wasn’t on the injury report at all so that’s good. Really, it’s the all important thing. Wade is a huge piece of the D but we have depth and need him next week esp if we play Minnesota.