GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

Another glorious day in the rivalry!

Both offenses looked good in the first half and went blow for blow... except for a Michigan turnover and inexcusable penalty that put them in a hole. Turned out a lot like last year when Ohio State was just too good and Michigan kept shooting themselves in the foot. 

Dobbins is an absolute dog. Can’t wait to see what he does next. His 30+ carry game today reminded me of Beanie Wells’s historic Michigan game when Tress refused to call a single pass play in the second half (lol Todd Boeckman). 

Fields was insane coming back from an MCL to throw a 30 yard strike to Wilson. His health is obviously critical. Please be okay. 

Going into the game I was scared of Michigan’s huge receivers. I figured Okudah and Nico Collins would cancel each other out, but I thought Peoples-Jones presented a huge problem on the other side. Turns out that kid had a nightmare day with drops, and Arnette did a great job covering him. That matchup made a huge difference. 

Browning needs to stay healthy and get the majority of snaps. I love Borland but the D operates at a different level with Browning in there. 

Riep played well in Wade’s stead and his INT was a well-deserved closer. But Wade really needs to play if there’s going to be a deep playoff run this year. 

Just as Olave’s coming out party was last year’s Michigan game, to nobody’s surprise Garret Wilson has his party today. The WR room is stacked and only getting better. Senior Austin Mack had a weak season and I’m not sure if he’ll be on an NFL roster next year,  but I’ll always remember and appreciate his contributions during the Michigan games. Incredible. 

Eight in a row. I must be dreaming. Go Bucks. 

Edited by Willyville Guy
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Rumor on the ozone (from a guy who has significant inside info) - Hafley to HC at BC and taking Al Washington as DC.  Will be announced in a few days. Expecting them to coach through the playoff but signing day is close. 

Hate to lose these guys so soon 

Edited by YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Rumor on the ozone (from a guy who has significant inside info) - Hafley to HC at BC and taking Al Washington as DC.  Will be announced in a few days. Expecting them to coach through the playoff but signing day is close. 

That’s a tough loss, but if Fickell goes to MSU (which he should) that would open the door to Marcus Freeman coming back which would help. 

Why do we have to go through this every year while Clemson keeps that whole staff in place?

11 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

That’s a tough loss, but if Fickell goes to MSU (which he should) that would open the door to Marcus Freeman coming back which would help. 

Why do we have to go through this every year while Clemson keeps that whole staff in place?

I was literally just saying this. I guess they are lucky that Venables never wants to go anywhere. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

I like to keep track of the teams that are due for beatdowns for beating the Buckeyes over the years, and Clemson is at the top of that list.  Between getting Woody fired way back when, two big bowl losses with Urban, and their guys shoving their hands up our guys’ privates during the shutout game (wtf)... there’s no team OSU needs to beat more than that one. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

I like to keep track of the teams that are due for beatdowns for beating the Buckeyes over the years, and Clemson is at the top of that list.  Between getting Woody fired way back when, two big bowl losses with Urban, and their guys shoving their hands up our guys’ privates during the shutout game (wtf)... there’s no team OSU needs to beat more than that one. 

OSU will be highly motivated for the game for many reasons. I actually prefer being the non- 1 seed. Let everyone hype up LSU and Clemson for 3 weeks instead. Buckeyes with an underdog mentality are highly dangerous. It’s when they are a huge favorite things sometimes get dicey.  And what happened 3 years ago is a great talking point too. Totally different players and coaches (except LJ) but building that payback narrative will be helpful. The 2016 team was talented, but lacked things like a QB who could throw the ball. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

Getting Woody fired is Clemson’s fault.....

wow.... like.....

Having Fields and Young in NY as Heisman finalists is super cool and further shows that this has been a truly unique year for the Buckeyes. I feel like Dobbins may have been snubbed, but it feels greedy to write that under the circumstances. Hopefully, and more importantly, *he* feels snubbed and goes out to let the world know how far he’s come this year. 

Speaking of which... I also hope Wyatt Davis is okay. 

35 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

Having Fields and Young in NY as Heisman finalists is super cool and further shows that this has been a truly unique year for the Buckeyes. I feel like Dobbins may have been snubbed, but it feels greedy to write that under the circumstances. Hopefully, and more importantly, *he* feels snubbed and goes out to let the world know how far he’s come this year. 

Speaking of which... I also hope Wyatt Davis is okay. 

Davis is ok, shoulder popped back in. He is an absolute STUD. 

Fields has greatly exceeded my expectations for year 1. He’s just going to keep getting better too. I think Dobbins didn’t get invited because there were three RBs this year with similar numbers and they canceled each other out. But there is no other RB in the country I would rather have on our team. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Davis is ok, shoulder popped back in. He is an absolute STUD. 

Fields has greatly exceeded my expectations for year 1. He’s just going to keep getting better too. I think Dobbins didn’t get invited because there were three RBs this year with similar numbers and they canceled each other out. But there is no other RB in the country I would rather have on our team. 

JK seems a lot more muscular this year, and he runs super hard while still maintaining the jump cut ability we loved so much his freshman year. RIP some Michigan defender's ankles.  Did you see that look in his eye in the first quarter of the Michigan game, and again in the B1G Championship? He looks extremely intense out there. OSU's success this postseason will all start and finish with him, with big plays to the WRs (and Ruckert finally!) mixed in to make the difference.

On 12/8/2019 at 10:47 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Hafley may be staying now?  That would be huge. 

15 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

On the Bucknuts Morning5 podcast this morning Dave Biddle said BC insiders aren’t  so sure this is happening anymore. Hope he stays. Either way, seems like a great guy. Here’s his speech from the Broyles Award ceremony. I understand the DB he refers to is Jeff Okudah. 

I watched that yesterday and he’s a HC at some point for sure. I think he should wait for a better job than BC. Day should know the landscape of northeast recruiting etc. 

Hafley gone :( ...Trying to salvage a couple of the CB commits in the 2020 class who were going to sign in 4 days. Lathan Ransom and Ryan Watts are names to watch to push their signing day out to January or flip. I think Lejond Cavazos is solid. 

I think there could be an opportunity to bring Kerry Coombs back on a co-DC role. They need to replace Hafley with someone who specializes in the secondary 

11 minutes ago, teef said:

So...is this Hafley hire really a good think for BC?  I was wondering if it happened because the bc AD is from Ohio state, or if this guy really is a good, young coaching hire. 

I think he’s the perfect hire. He has strong HC presence and is a rising star. Nfl and college coaching experience. Excellent recruiter. His halftime adjustments are some of the best I’ve ever seen. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think he’s the perfect hire. He has strong HC presence and is a rising star. Nfl and college coaching experience. Excellent recruiter. His halftime adjustments are some of the best I’ve ever seen. 

Really!?  That’s outstanding. He’s actually walking into a team with decent talent. Not world beaters, but they should be top 25. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, teef said:

Really!?  That’s outstanding. He’s actually walking into a team with decent talent. Not world beaters, but they should be top 25. 

Potential home run hire for BC. He mentioned at his press conference today that he likes the talent on the team right now and does not see this as a rebuild. On the recruiting front, he’s from NJ and has a sense of what’s up in that part of the country. I’d be psyched.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

It would be good to retain Al Washington, especially if Coach Coombs comes home, if for no other reason than to keep a good mix of younger and more senior coaches on the staff.  

Day seemed to suggest that everyone else is locked on now. I could see Al being groomed to take over for LJ or Mattison at some point. Hopefully these young guys get huge raises this year especially Hartline