GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

It’s not about style points, a win is a win

After what we saw yesterday with some other teams going down or struggling with bad teams, that’s true, but there are serious issues that need to be fixed or this team’s potential will be squandered. It’s no longer early in the season, they can’t use that excuse. Their inability to run the ball and constantly giving up big plays on D is going to bite them big time once they actually play a good team that can take advantage. They were missing 5 defensive starters (Wade and Landers left in the 2nd half) but with their depth and what they pay this coaching staff that should not result in ineptitude. The OL was a mess yesterday - that’s a bad sign. There are good things too but they are playing with fire. 

Sparty isn’t a good team but they almost always give the Buckeyes a game. Purdue’s offense might light them up. Every week is like Russian roulette around here. We really need Bosa back. I didn’t think he made that big of a difference but I believe he does.

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

After what we saw today with some other teams going down that’s true, but there are serious issues that need to be fixed or this team’s potential will be squandered. It’s no longer early in the season, they can’t use that excuse. Their inability to run the ball and constantly giving up big plays on D is going to bite them big time once they actually play a good team that can take advantage. They were missing 5 defensive starters (Wade and Landers left in the 2nd half) but with their depth and what they pay this coaching staff that should not result in ineptitude. The OL was a mess yesterday - that’s a bad sign. There are good things too but they are playing with fire. 

This team can’t make it through unscathed at this point. The defense is scary and they can’t run the ball. Haskins has been unreal and kept them where they needed to be. This is 2 straight weeks though where they let a way inferior team hang around into the 2nd half. This needs to change and soon.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This team can’t make it through unscathed at this point. The defense is scary and they can’t run the ball. Haskins has been unreal and kept them where they needed to be. This is 2 straight weeks though where they let a way inferior team hang around into the 2nd half. This needs to change and soon.

Lots of issues but Isiah Prince is a real head scratcher for me. Can’t remember a worse game from the senior captain. 

There is good cause to be concerned about each game left on the schedule (except Nebraska ?).  Sparty and TTUN are always tough. Purdue can absolutely take advantage of the defense. Maryland is playing well and a potential trap. Buckle up. 

Edited by Willyville Guy

What I don’t get is why they can’t run the ball. Is the run blocking scheme just too dependent on having a running QB?? They can’t adapt? You would think that there would be huge holes given the state of the passing game and defenses not being able to focus on the run. But urban said they are stacking the box... makes no sense. 

With Bosa and healthy depth players on the D line, that unit was so dominant that it could overwhelm offenses and cover up issues on the back end. The injuries have left the entire defense badly exposed and now the team goals are in doubt from my perspective. It will take a historic performance by Haskins down the stretch and an incredible coaching job by Schiano and Grinch to get this sorted.

Edited by Willyville Guy

In some ways I think urban is glad this distraction is off the table and of course the way he handles it in front of the media (the 100% support of his decision) and the potential of a healthy Bosa going #1  helps his first love, recruiting. 

On the field, it’s probably the difference between being a true contender for the national title this year.

Edited by YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

In some ways I think urban is glad this distraction is off the table and of course the way he handles it in front of the media (the 100% support of his decision) and the potential of a healthy Bosa going #1  helps his first love, recruiting. 

On the field, it’s probably the difference between being a true contender for the national title this year.

he's basically a guaranteed top pick and impact pro immediately, one of the very few

football will become like hoops in that the best players leave ASAP and teams that keep decent, but not NBA dominant, players for four years thrive?

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

In some ways I think urban is glad this distraction is off the table and of course the way he handles it in front of the media helps his first love, recruiting. 

Agree.  And for me personally, I will always be thankful for the times when I got to enjoy watching a Bosa blow up offenses for the Silver Bullets. Legendary stuff from those boys.

Just now, Willyville Guy said:

Agree.  And for me personally, I will always be thankful for the times when I got to enjoy watching a Bosa blow up offenses for the Silver Bullets. Legendary stuff from those boys.

It’s like Malik Hooker and (probably) Dwayne Haskins. We just get these guys for so little time.

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s like Malik Hooker and (probably) Dwayne Haskins. We just get these guys for so little time.

easier for men on D to know they are going pro

QBs and RBs aren't all that valuable from top teams the last 30 years

I would bet a large amount of money that Urban is more focused on Zach Harrison right now than Nick Bosa. Is what it is. And I guess that’s all it can be, if you are him. 

Schiano, LJ, Grinch probably already knew this was coming too. 

As a buckeye fan it sucks so so much. But there is zero disrespect from me on the decision. 

• Like (+1) 1

I see all of the talking heads discussing what Bosa has done. Some seem to understand, but some others are ripping him like Tebow and a select few. For what? Because he already got hurt and had to have a surgery so he packed it in? Can you blame him? The NCAA and Ohio St. don't give a crap about him or what his future holds. The guy is basically skipping a bowl game and people are talking crap. I'm a Notre Dame fan through and through. I remember the injury Jaylon Smith suffered against Ohio St. in that bowl game that could have cost him his career. He was a top 10 lock in that upcoming draft and fell to the 2nd Round along with the almost 2 years it took him to recover. The people talking crap about Bosa skipping a game or two to focus on his future, in which he may very well be the #1 overall pick, are as pompous and short sighted as the NCAA that uses these kids as a cash cow in the first place. 

Blown out by Purdue, what a joke.  Any other team would be dropped to 15th.

Of course, no matter how many cupcakes they play and how late in the year they lose, there's always an automatic bid for Alabama and Ohio Sh-- U and their scumbag coach.   <_<

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Willyville Guy said:

Like last year?  Whatever.

Last year The Committee had to make a choice between THE Ohio State University and Alabama.

As much as Meyer &  THE Ohio State University enjoys feeling pretty and special, they will always be The Committee's other woman to Saban & Alabama

4 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Last year The Committee had to make a choice between THE Ohio State University and Alabama.

As much as Meyer &  THE Ohio State University enjoys feeling pretty and special, they will always be The Committee's other woman to Saban & Alabama

How did that turn out? ;)

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Wow !! how does this happen?? Purdue ?? Sure the first time I don't tape the game and now won't see it.

Michigan might be the Big 10 to beat.

It was an instant classic, I would be surprised if it’s not replayed sometime this week.

GO BOILERS!

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Wow !! how does this happen?? Purdue ?? Sure the first time I don't tape the game and now won't see it.

Michigan might be the Big 10 to beat.

Ttun falls at Columbus 

54 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s another sign of much deeper problems. This team is broken. 

THe entire game is broken and they are still a top team 

• Like (+1) 1