Moeaki out "significant" time

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't agree more.

Moekei hasn't shown anything since coming on late last year. Smith is our best blocker and Gragg could possibly develop into a Delanie Walker type role.

cya tony.

Agreed Smith is a good blocker -but he has a disturbing habit of drawing a lot of motion penalties in a limited amount of playing time.

I don't think they will cut Moekei. If he can't play for a while they will put him on the PUP list. If they didn't believe in Moekei a lot I THINK they would have addressed the TE position in the draft or free agency. We don't need a blocking TE, we don't need Smith. It is a dying position.

Agreed Smith is a good blocker -but he has a disturbing habit of drawing a lot of motion penalties in a limited amount of playing time.

This position undoubtedly needs an upgrade.

I don't think they will cut Moekei. If he can't play for a while they will put him on the PUP list. If they didn't believe in Moekei a lot I THINK they would have addressed the TE position in the draft or free agency. We don't need a blocking TE, we don't need Smith. It is a dying position.

Why do we not need a blocking TE?

They used 12 personnel quite often in the Red Zone last season. Moekei has shown zero, a significant and reoccuring injury for a player who appears to already have peaked. Smith also filled a special teams role on Kick Return last season. Can Moekei handle that?

I don't think he's PUP eligible at this point.

Couldn't agree more.

Moekei hasn't shown anything since coming on late last year. Smith is our best blocker and Gragg could possibly develop into a Delanie Walker type role.

cya tony.

He was signed in like the 3rd quarter of the final game. Did you expect him to show you something while he was moving his stuff into camp?

just one man's opinion here, but i think a blocking tight end is a wonderful thing to have. it's nice to get a little extra push for a team that wants to run the ball as much as a lot of us think they want to run it. the ideal tight end would be the guy that could block well, contribute in the passing game, and be healthy all year. i don't think we have this guy on the roster, but i'd love to get him.

just one man's opinion here, but i think a blocking tight end is a wonderful thing to have. it's nice to get a little extra push for a team that wants to run the ball as much as a lot of us think they want to run it. the ideal tight end would be the guy that could block well, contribute in the passing game, and be healthy all year. i don't think we have this guy on the roster, but i'd love to get him.

If you want a guy that strictly a blocking TE then you may as well trot out your 6th lineman.

Obviously an all around great TE is preferred to one with holes in his game though.

Edited by NoSaint

Couldn't agree more.

cya tony.

Gragg will develop into a guy who constantly drops passes and has a small habit of fumbling? Boy, I hope you're wrong.

I really think we should explore jermichael finley

Unless we sign him to a long term contract it isn't happening. He's got that $10 million insurance policy he can cash in on if he never plays another down in the NFL. I was crying for us to pursue Finley in other years when he was out there. I'd love to have him here if he's healthy yet because he's not an NFL roster it tells me he's not. As a result I think we might be looking to draft a TE next year or we throw a ton of money after Vernon Davis next offseason but I doubt the 49ers would let him go easily.