LaCanfora: bills may be willing to deal Spiller before season

we sure love hating and getting rid of first round picks. CJ is dynamic however not clear the OC knows how to utilize a dynamic back. Would love to see sets with CJ an=d Freddie or another back in backfield annd utilize motion to either get LBs moving for a running play or hit him on a screen. CJ and Sammy are special and need to be utilized as mush as possible.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree, but the OL last year was not helping him all that much. If this Ol can at least be average. Spiller's stats will go way up.

the OL didn't help him huh? Weren't we the 2nd or 3rd best running team in the league last year? Also high the year before that? ..... The OL wasn't as bad as you think.

Cherry picking stats is fun. But going with average yards per season doesn't tell the whole story and you know it. You don't get to average his yards per season and ignore his YPC. Not when he's clearly not been the A1 feature back for most of that time - a point that even you would concede.

thats funny. You state that one cannot cherry pick stats but then do it yourself when talking about his YPC. The facts are facts. He has an average of 755 yards a season over his career. In fact he's only gone over that 755 mark twice. He's only got 12 TDs in his career. 3 per season. Good RNs do that in a season. Facts are facts and cannot be disputed. You can cherry pick the YPC all you want. CJ has like 15 plays a year that make highlight reels (even though he only scores about 3 times), the rest of his plays are squat.

Somebody needs to gently break this to mr ags. He won't be happy until CJ and KW leave town.

GO BILLS!!!

you don't need to bel real anything to me. I know what both of those players are. Your the delusional ones.

He won't bring a first round pick. I'd settle for a 3. Circumstances could change as the season approaches, but, I can't seen another Indy/Cleveland type deal.

shhhh... Don't get crazy Beerball.

I love going to work for 8 hours and then coming back so that I can reply to all the ridiculousness in one shot.

He won't bring a first round pick. I'd settle for a 3. Circumstances could change as the season approaches, but, I can't seen another Indy/Cleveland type deal.

A third would be a nice score for Spiller in a trade. Sure, they wasted a #9 on him but that isn't the issue right now. The team just got finished depleting our 2015 draft for a wide receiver. They need to get some picks back. If they can get a 3rd round pick for a situational running back, I'm all for it.

And if Watkins is as good as advertised, it won't hurt much, if at all.

A third would be a nice score for Spiller in a trade. Sure, they wasted a #9 on him but that isn't the issue right now. The team just got finished depleting our 2015 draft for a wide receiver. They need to get some picks back. If they can get a 3rd round pick for a situational running back, I'm all for it.

And if Watkins is as good as advertised, it won't hurt much, if at all.

Not really. Soon our draft picks won't even be able to make the team. We have the 2nd best U25 talent in the NFL. Also, a 3rd round pick for a RB that ranks #3 all time in YPC? I'll take that deal any day If i'm another NFL team.

I'm sure RBs with a 5.1 career YPC grow on trees.

Edited by Fingon

Not really. Soon our draft picks won't even be able to make the team. We have the 2nd best U25 talent in the NFL. Also, a 3rd round pick for a RB that ranks #3 all time in YPC? I'll take that deal any day If i'm another NFL team.

Precisely. Why anyone would want to trade a RB that averages over 5 yards a clip when have the heaviest run oriented offense in the league baffles me.

He's also entering a contract year which usually means good things. Then again, Spiller had also been a team first player and has never pulled any Byrd like antics.

Then there is the entire depth issue. Yea, I love the Brown pickup but he really hasn't proven he can handle a 200+ carry workload. FJax is 33 and is one injury away from ending his career; he also is slowing down a bit. Anthony Dixon is also unproven & more of a short yardage guy.

What happens when Jackson gets hurt in week 2? You really want to pin your hopes on Bryce Brown?

The Bills were #2 in rushing. They avg of 4.2 but the Pats were #9 at 4.4! The Bills ran the ball 70 more times than the Pats with less than 300 yards more than the Pats total. There were 6 more teams that where almost as run heavy.

The Bills were #2 in rushing. They avg of 4.2 but the Pats were #9 at 4.4! The Bills ran the ball 70 more times than the Pats with less than 300 yards more than the Pats total. There were 6 more teams that where almost as run heavy.

the bills were 14th in rushing yards per attempt. without cordy glenn, you can expect that to get worse.

the only reason we were #2 in total rushing yards is that our QB play was so pitiful, we ran way more than any other team.

the bills were 14th in rushing yards per attempt. without cordy glenn, you can expect that to get worse.

the only reason we were #2 in total rushing yards is that our QB play was so pitiful, we ran way more than any other team.

They won't be without Glenn, and no, we should not expect it to get worse.

And the QB play was not pitiful by any stretch...it was what you expect from rookies and PS guys. There has been no shortage of apples-to-apples comparisons this offseason for EJ's performance to other rookies.

If his third ranking that you speak of made much of a difference, he would be universally acclaimed as a great player. He isn't. Spiller doesn't score many touchdowns, does he? He cannot block and he might be just a bit mentally challenged.

Toss injuries into the mix and a third is a good deal. A 2nd would be an absolute score and let's remember, he will be gone when his contract expires, or so I think.

I lost all respect for LaConfora the day Ralph died and he started going through all the the "hypothetical" scenarios of what could happen to the Bills immediately after they announced Ralph's passing. That just rubbed me the wrong way. He should just stick with soccer.

All these "trade Spiller for a fish taco and a bus pass" arguments are lame. LaConfora is lame. The Bills front office isn't stupid. Last year is NOT the sample size to draw from when determining what Spiller may be able to do. Oh, and may be able to do in a CONTRACT year. This is the perfect season to hold onto him and see what happens. A breakout year and you can safely keep him for the future OR trade him for serious value. Could he be traded and I be proven wrong? Sure. No one is right at predicting the future, or we wouldn't have to have jobs. I just don't think that a front office would honestly believe that they can replace a guy that represents about 50% of the #2 ground game in the NFL with one guy that's been buried on another team's depth chart and a third that has done virtually nothing in their career. Essentially, it would be taking a step backward when you say you want to take a step forward.

PFFFFFT ! to the whole thing.

That Jason has everyones panties in a bunch.

If he sucks no one wants him anyways . If he is used a bit better by Nate he has more value to us than agin us.

If his third ranking that you speak of made much of a difference, he would be universally acclaimed as a great player. He isn't. Spiller doesn't score many touchdowns, does he? He cannot block and he might be just a bit mentally challenged.

Toss injuries into the mix and a third is a good deal. A 2nd would be an absolute score and let's remember, he will be gone when his contract expires, or so I think.

Not sure thats the thinking at Bills Central. But if it is you gotta showcase him a little this year. Double edged sword Bill ?

They traded a 4th for a guy with 294 carries since high school. Dixon averaged 2.0 ypc last season. If they're trying to win I don't see any logic in trading him. If they wanna be the same old Bills, trade him and draft a RB with that pick.

too much sense Bill

All these "trade Spiller for a fish taco and a bus pass" arguments are lame.

LaConfora is lame. The Bills front office isn't stupid.

Last year is NOT the sample size to draw from when determining what Spiller may be able to do.

Oh, and may be able to do in a CONTRACT year. This is the perfect season to hold onto him and see what happens.

A breakout year and you can safely keep him for the future OR trade him for serious value.

theres a huge difference between a fish taco and a bus pass and a box of Slim Jim's and a 6 pack of Yoohoo in bottles. Doesn't even compare.

Loconfora is lame. Definitely.

What year would you prefer to take Spillers sample from? His first season when he had a combined 440 yards rushing and receiving and 1 TD? Or his 2nd season when he had 830 yards rushing and receiving and 6 TDs???

IF.... and that's a big IF... He does have a great year, do you really think this FO will pay him the ridiculous amount of money he will likely demand??? I sure don't think they will. And that's only IF he has a great year. The history of his numbers suggest differently. Anything else is pore hope and speculation with no evidence to base the argument on.

Have a good night ;-)

Although even good RBs are a dime a dozen, Spiller is different, despite his flaws. He has been extremely productive more than occasionally, and he is one of the rare RBs that defenses have to account for on every play. For that reason alone, he is a valuable asset. I can't see our "win now" FO trading him this year, even though I think a team or two might offer a First for him.

So the Bills are going to part ways with their starting, nearly 27 year old RB and move forward with their 33 year old RB? Honestly, Fred Jackson is great and I love having him on the team, but when does he go over that cliff that most RBs fall off by 30? Who wants to see him thrust into the starting role at this stage of his career? I sure don't. The Bills would be foolish to move Spiller unless some team goes Full Retard like Indy did for Richardson. I don't see that happening.