LaCanfora: bills may be willing to deal Spiller before season

So the Bills are going to part ways with their starting, nearly 27 year old RB and move forward with their 33 year old RB? Honestly, Fred Jackson is great and I love having him on the team, but when does he go over that cliff that most RBs fall off by 30? Who wants to see him thrust into the starting role at this stage of his career? I sure don't. The Bills would be foolish to move Spiller unless some team goes Full Retard like Indy did for Richardson. I don't see that happening.

um....

First of all, it wouldn't be Freddy starting and even if he was, you'd see a true platoon set of RBs. Where each of the 3 RBs were getting 7-10 carries or sticking with the hot guy.

Second, not that it offends me cuz it doesn't, but "full retard"??? I'll just give you your first warning now and be nice about it. I'm sure you probably be hearing from the mods on this one.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some can't get out of the 14 years of losing mentality...

You don't get it. Clearly, the reason we have gone 6-10 for forever is Spiller's 5.1 ypc (whoops I forgot. If you eliminate all if his long runs, he only averages a yard per carry).

I can't wait for the get rid of Sammy threads in a few years (or maybe a couple of games if he doesn't light up the NFL right away). Awesome.

You don't get it. Clearly, the reason we have gone 6-10 for forever is Spiller's 5.1 ypc (whoops I forgot. If you eliminate all if his long runs, he only averages a yard per carry).

I can't wait for the get rid of Sammy threads in a few years (or maybe a couple of games if he doesn't light up the NFL right away). Awesome.

dont be ridiculous Biscuit. Of your going to make a point to cherry pick stats then how about the one that matters... Yards at the end of the year and TDs and his numbers are dismal.

dont be ridiculous Biscuit. Of your going to make a point to cherry pick stats then how about the one that matters... Yards at the end of the year and TDs and his numbers are dismal.

I see both sides... When running a RBBC, and RB's are getting split workloads, YPC is a good start... But to mrags point- it's hard to rely on a RB that averages less than 2 yards a carry for 3-4 series (or more- sometimes less) and then busts off a run for 40+...

I would rather hitch my wagon to someone like Fred who consistently churns out 3-4 yards every time he touches the ball, instead of the guy that it's reasonable I assume anywhere from -3 to +2... With the upside of 50+

We all get it. You hate Spiller. Just put it in your tag line and save yourself some time.

We all get it. You hate Spiller. Just put it in your tag line and save yourself some time.

we all get it. You have no factual evidence that shows that CJ is or can be good.

I wasn't commenting on you loving CJ. I was simply commenting in you cherry picking his stats while making note that I do the same.

Then the comment about Sammy is funny. Way to take it to the next level.

we all get it. You have no factual evidence that shows that CJ is or can be good.

I wasn't commenting on you loving CJ. I was simply commenting in you cherry picking his stats while making note that I do the same.

Then the comment about Sammy is funny. Way to take it to the next level.

Yup, you're right. The fact that Spiller has a too 10 ypc in NFL history doesn't count (he needs more carries to qualify). That is meaningless.

Honestly, I don't care anymore. You said he sucks so what's the point in trying to debate it. But your constant posts saying the same thing is getting tiresome. That said, I respect you and your profession so I will bow out of this discussion.

Rush Rush Rush Rush Rush Rush Rush Rece Rece Rece Rece Rece Rece Rece

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Att Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G YScm RRTD Fmb AV

2012* 25 BUF rb 28 1 6 9 207 1244 6 62 6.0 77.8 12.9 43 459 10.7 2 66 2.7 28.7 1 703 8 3 13

His most featured year is what everyone is dreaming on. If you want to argue that he can't equal that again, or that this isn't that impressive, that's fine. The fact is that sharing carries with Fred, he averaged 6 per, topped 1200 yards in 9 starts, scored 8 TDs from scrimmage, and had 1700 yards from scrimmage.

He can be good. Will he ever be that good again depends on a lot of factors that have been discussed ad nauseum.

I don't think anyone is going to change anyone's opinions on all of this; IMO we should all just give up and play nice and root for the kid as long as he is a Buffalo Bill.

The Bills brought in other running backs for a reason. Whaley has said how much he loves Brown.

I do not think Spiller is back in 2015. I would take a third rounder in the next draft and another pick in 2016 based on performance could be as high as another third as low as a 5th.

I hate that this thread is still going. First of all, the title is completely misleading as NO ONE within the Bills organization has even hinted they are "open" to moving Spiller before the season starts. It is pure speculation, and not all that well-founded. The first depth chart was released and guess who is in at #1? Bryce Brown is #4.

Secondly, the thread has once again devolved into a debate over Spiller's worth, with folks equally entrenched on both sides.

CJ Spiller, when healthy, is as dangerous a threat to go the distance as any RB in the league. You don't trade away an asset like that. Period. What happens after this year, when he's due to become a free agent, is a completely different discussion.

I thought this and POSTED it after the draft. I still think we get that 1st rounder back by trading CJ. I do like him but you can create that role with Fred and

Bryce I believe. We will get through the season to be sure but I would not be that surprised. He is an explosive guy but his vision is horrific to say the least,

talk all you want about the OL woes but Fred was pretty productive behind that line. I know he was nicked up but so was Fred and made the best out of the situation.

"Everybody knows" bring NO factual evidence to the discussion... If you are going to go on a strawberry poptart crusade, please apply some facts that can not be disputed, hahahaha

damn you if you think I don't provide factual evidence:

Looks like were both wrong:

http://poptarts.wikia.com/wiki/Top_10_list:Top_10_Pop-Tart_Flavors_of_All_Time

I thought this and POSTED it after the draft. I still think we get that 1st rounder back by trading CJ. I do like him but you can create that role with Fred and

Bryce I believe. We will get through the season to be sure but I would not be that surprised. He is an explosive guy but his vision is horrific to say the least,

talk all you want about the OL woes but Fred was pretty productive behind that line. I know he was nicked up but so was Fred and made the best out of the situation.

silly. Were talking about Pop Tarts now. The great CJ debate is now over.