What is better, no guns, or more guns?

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m betting that 99% of Americans don’t even understand the underlying teaching point of the story of the Good Samaritan. 

Or any of the parables attributed to Jesus of Nazareth, for that matter.

On 7/18/2022 at 5:28 PM, TH3 said:

Only a diehard brainwashed cementhead would classify 3 innocent people dead a “good” outcome…

Just to be clear….we are talking about lives “saved” after a shooter has already killed someone …right?

• Like (+1) 3

On 7/18/2022 at 4:28 PM, TH3 said:

Only a diehard brainwashed cementhead would classify 3 innocent people dead a “good” outcome…

Just to be clear….we are talking about lives “saved” after a shooter has already killed someone …right?

Let me start by saying any loss of life is tragic & is never looked at by most as a good thing ! With that being said .

Only a complete & utter moron would twist this in such a way that what this young man did was a bad thing !

And what could have been if this guy didn't have a gun, if this young man wouldn't have taken the action he did & like most turned and ran the loss of life would have been 10 fold but thank god it wasn't because of what he did .

As i said any loss of live is terrible & as we all know guns in the wrong hands is not a good thing but as has been said "one way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun" ! 

As it is said in the Bible "Greater love has no one than this to lay down ones life for ones friend" Sure this young man wasn't killed but could have been yet he was willing to put his life on the line to save others from being killed & not only in my eyes but in gods eyes that is a good thing .

But politics will not see this as the same thing there will be those that have come forth  called it what it is very brave & hero like then there will be those that call it what they need to feed their agenda .

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, BillStime said:

Armpit of America living up to its rep 

Moronic tweet from an anti-gunner. 

If you buy a firearm, you have to be legal to do so. You can't own a firearm if you have a felony, use drugs, have a DV charge, protection order, etc. Murder is illegal. You can't buy a firearm from a dealer w/o completing a national background check. Since 1997 when the study of right-to-carry (both shall-issue and permitless carry) laws’ impact on crime began, 40 of the 52 studies showed that the implementation of right-to-carry laws either did not increase or coincided with a decrease in violent crime.

(and Florida is one of the best states to live in at this moment. WAAAY more than NY)

Edited by ArdmoreRyno
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Moronic tweet from an anti-gunner. 

If you buy a firearm, you have to be legal to do so. You can't own a firearm if you have a felony, use drugs, have a DV charge, protection order, etc. Murder is illegal. You can't buy a firearm from a dealer w/o completing a national background check. Since 1997 when the study of right-to-carry (both shall-issue and permitless carry) laws’ impact on crime began, 40 of the 52 studies showed that the implementation of right-to-carry laws either did not increase or coincided with a decrease in violent crime.

(and Florida is one of the best states to live in at this moment. WAAAY more than NY)

Florida is the armpit and manufactured tantrum of America.

Cant wait until we take all of your guns 

lolz

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Florida is the armpit and manufactured tantrum of America.

Cant wait until we take all of your guns 

lolz

Nice try troll. 

Florida is top 10 in best states to live. You can pretend the sky is purple all you want, doesn't make it true. 

The Supreme Court's Bruen Gun Decision Is Even Bigger Than You Think

BY VICTORIA TAFT AUG 04, 2022

d8c3308f-1e2a-4bba-af56-1139a3209cbe-860

Since Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas made crystal clear in his ruling in New York Pistol and Rifle v. Bruen that the Second Amendment is not a second-class civil right, the question becomes: how far does this decision go? After consulting several gun and constitutional lawyers, here’s the short answer: very far. Read on.

Thomas stated unequivocally that Americans’ right to carry a gun outside the home has been treated as a second-class right in modern times. Indeed, the whims of politicians have been treated with more respect than bedrock constitutional principles surrounding Americans’ right to defend themselves with guns.

Thomas wrote, “we know of no other constitutional right that an individual may exercise only after demonstrating to government officers some special need. That is not how the First Amendment works when it comes to unpopular speech or the free exercise of religion. It is not how the Sixth Amendment works when it comes to a defendant’s right to confront the witnesses against him. And it is not how the Second Amendment works when it comes to public carry for self-defense.”

The decision didn’t touch on the issues of licensing, background checks, training requirements, or limiting who may have a gun permit in the case of felons and the mentally incapable.

Since the decision came out on June 23, I’ve sought the answer to the question I posed above. I’ve spoken to gun law experts around the country and sought to put things in perspective.

More questions arise. Does the decision affecting guns “in common use” also apply to bans on certain guns, such as AR-15s, that are owned by millions of American gun owners? What about parts you put on a gun? What about restrictions on what you put in a gun? Various states around the country limit gun accouterments such as ammunition, so-called “precursor [gun] parts,” magazine sizes, ammo size, stocks, sights, changeable lowers, and other parts. Four states require that special permits be obtained before being able to buy ammo. And there are several different kinds of permits for various bullet sizes. Clearly, these are attempts to create a barrier to defending yourself.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/victoria-taft/2022/08/04/the-supreme-courts-bruen-gun-decision-is-even-bigger-than-you-think-n1608747

• Awesome! (+1) 1

At what point does the right to carry guns interfere with the rights of others to live a civil, peaceful life without the threat of violence? Do we want guns in our churches, bars, football stadiums, shopping malls, etc? Can I take my AR15 to Foxboro when the Bills are playing? Can crazy Dolphins fans bring theirs to Highmark? At some point, there has to be limits.

• Thank you (+1) 1