this kid took the ultimate selfie....

The Poojer

I question whether or not he actually knows who those people are!!! I'm sure his grandfather told him... 5 minutes before that he was just thinking how there were two old dudes sitting on a bench!

Kids in the middle of Nebraska are pretty much living like the 1960's, it is entirely possible that the Beatles are just becoming famous there.

Wait until they discover WHAM and Debbie Gibson!

Kids in the middle of Nebraska are pretty much living like the 1960's, it is entirely possible that the Beatles are just becoming famous there.

Wait until they discover WHAM and Debbie Gibson!

Having never been there, I didn't take that into consideration... I can totally see that though!

Selfies are stupid.

Every young generation does it, want to feel like rock stars... It is just a breeze to do now with back cameras, digital retakes, etc...

They have always been around... It is they just get seen by everybody now. I was strumming through an old photo album and discovered a selfie from 1989 in Jackson Hole on top of Rendezvous Mountain. The problem back then was it was a crap shoot what you would get with a film camera. That shot from 1989 was composed with my skiing partner and I... Right as we got off the tram... If we had the tech now that they have, it would have been a lot nicer shot and would have had the unreal Teton scenary... You can still tell it was shot high in the mountains, but mainly just our selves up close....

Holy Moly what is this world coming to? You can run w/the bulls but there are regulations against a a selfie. Huh? Is there irony in this statement:

"The regulations, designed to crack down on dangerous behaviour during the festival, prohibit the unauthorised use of any kind of recording device during the bull runs."

Cracking dowwn on "dangerous behavior." Hmmmm, let's see.

Selfies are stupid.

Between this response and your view on the Red Zone channel, Mark, I'm beginning to put you in the "old fuddy duddy" category! :lol:

The funny thing is, my wife and I have been taking "selfies" on our vacations for at least 15 years...we were tired of just seeing photos of objects/scenery and wanted ourselves in some pictures, but I absolutely hate asking people to stop what they're doing to take my photo. The selfie was born. I'm not saying we invented it, of course, but we were doing it long before it became a "thing."

Between this response and your view on the Red Zone channel, Mark, I'm beginning to put you in the "old fuddy duddy" category! :lol:

The funny thing is, my wife and I have been taking "selfies" on our vacations for at least 15 years...we were tired of just seeing photos of objects/scenery and wanted ourselves in some pictures, but I absolutely hate asking people to stop what they're doing to take my photo. The selfie was born. I'm not saying we invented it, of course, but we were doing it long before it became a "thing."

Next thing you know eball will be telling us that our ability to communicate via the interweb is due to his successful hacking of his Commodore64 in grade school. :rolleyes:

EXACTLY! Modern cameras just make it TOO damn easy now for human nature not to intervene. WYSIWYG on the spot. There is no added cost, just hit delete on a mistake. It isn't like you have to shoot blindly in the air and then wait for the Fotomat to return prints for a cost of $6.75. A selfie was a royal crap shoot back in the day. I contend that if prior generations (especially the one I refuse to name for fear of wrath against me ;-P ) had the tech we have now, they would have been bigger whores w/the selfie in their youth than the millenials/generation selfie are now. Of course, IM(not so)H(umble)O. Who wants to waste a dozens prints, and the money it costs, on badly composed, out of focus shots taken with a brutal 110/Instamatic or disc camera? Sure one could have lugged out the 35mm adjustable SLR, but who wants to carry 2 tons of camera and look like a Japanese tourist on their vacation to Cozumel... Let alone losing it in the Caribbean Sea? Don't be fooled, auto focus and a macro features have helped greatly too... ;-) ;-)

And for all the youngins... This what a Fotomat was:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fotomat

I think they serve coffee and a "happy ending" massage now, well @ least they do in Seattle.