The Dollar Shave Club

Gugny

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking of doing the $6/month Dollar Shave Club deal.

Anyone have any experience with these guys? If so ... worth it?

I do the $9 one. They're good but fusion is better. I'm on my second month and may go back. Not sure.

I use Fusion now. My problem is that I don't change blades frequently enough .. partial laziness, partial frugality. This seems like it would combat both whilst providing me with fresh blades.

I don't spend $72/year now on shaving supplies. Probably half of that. Tough call.

I use Fusion now. My problem is that I don't change blades frequently enough .. partial laziness, partial frugality. This seems like it would combat both whilst providing me with fresh blades.

I don't spend $72/year now on shaving supplies. Probably half of that. Tough call.

Same here. I have the fusion myself but go through about 8 razors a year. Secret is to keep the razor in olive oil. Keeps the blades from oxidizing and last longer.

Shaving has sucked for me since the first time I put razor to skin. The Fusion Power changed all of that. I just got the new one with the swivel head on it, and it was probably the best shave I've ever had.

It's one of those things in life I just accept will cost me more relative to the alternative. My father-in-law lives in Germany and has us ship him bags of the yellow Bic disposable razors that cost like fifty cents per hundred, and admit I get a bit jealous.

I have been doing the $9 option for a couple years. I think it is a pretty good deal. Happy with the quality of the razors and if you start stockpiling too many you can pause for a month or 2.

Same here. I have the fusion myself but go through about 8 razors a year. Secret is to keep the razor in olive oil. Keeps the blades from oxidizing and last longer.

I tried that, but the shave isn't as good after taking it out. I've tried getting all of the oil off (baby oil and olive), but it still feels like it's gliding over my hair and not cutting as well.

I use the fusion as well and go through razors like crazy; probably closer to 20 a year.

I keep a beard now. Shaving for me sucks. I am fair skin, have crazy multidirectional facial hair and it is a pain in the ass.

When I did shave my face about 5-6 years ago I would use a double blade or triple blade and use it in the shower, no gel or cream. Soap, maybe and then use the blade 6 mos.

You can save a ton of money by not buying aerosol shaving cream.

I haven't used that in years except for when I travel - and use a small can of foamy for that.

Brush and barber soap. Soap's a buck or two and lasts about a year.

I keep a beard now. Shaving for me sucks. I am fair skin, have crazy multidirectional facial hair and it is a pain in the ass.

When I did shave my face about 5-6 years ago I would use a double blade or triple blade and use it in the shower, no gel or cream. Soap, maybe and then use the blade 6 mos.

Exactly the issues I have with shaving. I shave the same exact way, not everyday... Maybe every 3rd-4th day and in the shower. Depends on how it moves me if I shave or not, sometimes growing a beard, sometimes not. I use one of those shower mirrors (Sharper Image) that has water running through it so it won't fog. No soap or gel, just water. I do use the Fusion AND a double blade (Sensor) for close spots... The Fusion also has the 6th trim blade. Those two cartridges will last months.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois