The Dollar Shave Club

Gugny

You can save a ton of money by not buying aerosol shaving cream.

I haven't used that in years except for when I travel - and use a small can of foamy for that.

Brush and barber soap. Soap's a buck or two and lasts about a year.

A nice boar brush and shaving soap is the way to go - makes shaving so much nicer and soap lasts forever. I bought some Proraso soap - is actually more like a hard foam from Italy that is very nice. I also have some scented shaving soaps from Pyrates Cove that are great - a few bucks for a bar that will last me over a year. I'm also a fan of the Dorco razors - nice razors at a nice price - Gillette is a great razor but way too expensive.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shave once per day with a Gillette Fusion razor. Absolutely destroys my skin, but I need to shave daily for work. Have tried all kinds of lotions, balms, and other assorted after shave products...doesn't really help.

As to the OP, once a year I spend 60 bucks at BJ's and buy the big pack of Fusion cartridges. I think there are like 25-30 of them...gets me through the year just fine.

I shave once per day with a Gillette Fusion razor. Absolutely destroys my skin, but I need to shave daily for work. Have tried all kinds of lotions, balms, and other assorted after shave products...doesn't really help.

As to the OP, once a year I spend 60 bucks at BJ's and buy the big pack of Fusion cartridges. I think there are like 25-30 of them...gets me through the year just fine.

Thanks, Johnny. Sorry I made fun of you for your affair with the male stripper.

DSC uses Dorco-Pace razors. I've found the 6-blade razors are the best. And if you do it, wait for coupon codes.

Coupon codes for the DSC? What kind of coupon did you get?

Do you shave in the shower? Softening the beard hairs by getting them wet well in advance helps a lot. And try shaving in the opposite direction.

Coupon codes for the DSC? What kind of coupon did you get?

Do a search. They have specials all the time.

Edit: Dorco has specials. Don't know about DSC.

Edited by Doc

Do you shave in the shower? Softening the beard hairs by getting them wet well in advance helps a lot. And try shaving in the opposite direction.

Do a search. They have specials all the time.

Edit: Dorco has specials. Don't know about DSC.

Ahh .. thank you. I was searching DSC deals.

I usually shave right when I get out of the shower. Shave the opposite direction? Really? I'll give it a try.

If you shave with your other hand, it will feel like someone else is doing it.

i know it'll kick up the cost, but, please start shaving your ears and back. trim those nose hairs too

I use a steak knife to get the nosehairs. Then I put it back in the drawer. It's the same steak knife I used to cut the venison for the chili that I brought to the tailgate party last year. The chili that you at a couple bowls of.

I use a steak knife to get the nosehairs. Then I put it back in the drawer. It's the same steak knife I used to cut the venison for the chili that I brought to the tailgate party last year. The chili that you at a couple bowls of.

secret ingredients are the key to great recipes.

Shaving with a Fusion is like shaving with a spatula.

Have a recommendation? I thought about trying a traditional straight razor like they use at the barber shop because they always give me a great shave, but who the hell am I kidding...I don't have time for that. Plus, learning to use it would probably result in a couple visits to the emergency room.

Do you shave in the shower?

Do you like movies about gladiators?

I've shaved in the shower for about 20 years, and wouldn't have it any other way. I spent too much money over the years on the right mirror at places like Brookstone, etc., when ultimately some cheap thing from Bed Bath and Beyond ended up being the best option.

Have a recommendation? I thought about trying a traditional straight razor like they use at the barber shop because they always give me a great shave, but who the hell am I kidding...I don't have time for that. Plus, learning to use it would probably result in a couple visits to the emergency room.

Not really. I use the Gillette Spatula myself (not ON myself) oh wait... I digress.

I thought the old twin blades did a decent job. They still sell double edged razors and blades too. I'm thinking of trying one of them. Though the Dorco sounds like it's about the same as the Gillette but less expensive.

I remember being very happy after ditching my last electric razor. Man, talk about skin irritation!

Not really. I use the Gillette Spatula myself (not ON myself) oh wait... I digress.

I thought the old twin blades did a decent job. They still sell double edged razors and blades too. I'm thinking of trying one of them. Though the Dorco sounds like it's about the same as the Gillette but less expensive.

I remember being very happy after ditching my last electric razor. Man, talk about skin irritation!

Yeah, I spent some decent coin on a Braun and used it for years ... mostly because I spent so much money on it. Once I started using the Fusion, I never considered going electric again.

The Fusion does not irritate my skin and it gives a nice, clean shave. My beef is the price. I shave daily now, although I do have some facial hair. But I still go through razors a lot faster than I used to.