Futuristic new Bills stadium design

The D&L was still a railroad hub, bringing passenger trains into Buffalo... I remember riding the South Park Ave. bus with my mother when I was a very small boy and seeing that station in operation...The area was dead for so many years and now has suddenly become a bustling destination and focal point for the city.. The Pegula family has done more for Buffalo than almost anyone I can think of in my lifetime... Mr. Wilson, the Knox family, Rich's all get their props, but I hope the Pegula's are able to secure ownership of the Bills... I can only speculate the marvels yet to come... Got my fingers crossed!!!!

Wino's under the Skyway? The Skyway was way too far to stagger from early 1970's Chippewa Street... lmao

I remember as a kid, telling your friends you seen their mother on Chippewa St was a major insult.

This looks like a baseball stadium.

Very well could have been.

Stadium capacity is listed as 47,000 and MLB was looking to expand around the time the drawing was made.

http://www.hardballtimes.com/smart-growth-and-mlb-a-virtual-history/

By the late 1950s, all Major League Baseball owners had agreed that it was time for the beginning of expansion of the venerable 16-team structure, as well as extension to the West Coast.

According to the original article, the stadium drawing was done in 1958, but the Bills were not awarded until 1959.

Wino's under the Skyway? The Skyway was way too far to stagger from early 1970's Chippewa Street... lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GLv4cUAIck

Thanks for sharing...awesome stuff.... I remember walking into one of those "go go girl" joints (I think it was Radice's) when I was in 9th grade....take a walk on the wild side...being a catholic grammer school kid, I was sure I was going to hell afterwards....distinctly remember a dancer leaning over. putting her arms on my shoulders and covering my face with her long hair...she smelled like a combo of Black Label and french fries...

Thanks for sharing...awesome stuff.... I remember walking into one of those "go go girl" joints (I think it was Radice's) when I was in 9th grade....take a walk on the wild side...being a catholic grammer school kid, I was sure I was going to hell afterwards....distinctly remember a dancer leaning over. putting her arms on my shoulders and covering my face with her long hair...she smelled like a combo of Black Label and french fries...

Intoxicating stuff to a Freshman, no doubt!

That was fun to watch. I was only 8 in 1975, and remember my grandmother taking me downtown on the bus for the day. Nice memories, and was like being in a different world from the suburbs.

I'm trying not to get too excited about the recent Pegula news, but you just wonder if he buys the team, and puts a stadium downtown how cool that would be overall for Buffalo.