My boss is a Bears fan and has already started talking smack...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a game the Bills should lose on paper.

It's a tough way to start the season, the Bears are a strong team.

So the Bills have an opportunity to make a statement in Week 1 and on the road.

This will be a real test for Manuel, as the Bears defense will be coming after him.

The Bears WR's against our secondary will be quite a test.

Schwartzy swept them last year.... so there's that?

My daughter's boyfriend grew up in Chicago and is a Bears fan, but he knows better than to talk smack. I'm still debating whether to even allow him over on week 1 to watch the game.

Exactly... My boss is a big Bears fan as well. He doesn't talk smack. He knows better. Not for the same reasons, but still.

Edited by SmokinES3

Trivia question: When was the last time Jay Cutler opened the season against BFLO? ;-)

Anyway, my boss WAS a Bears season ticket holder until they pissed him off and forced PSL's with the stadium renovation. He's been a Colts fan ever since. Think he knows the Colts did the same thing? LoL... There's always Green Bay... LoL...

Trivia question: When was the last time Jay Cutler opened the season against BFLO? ;-)

Anyway, my boss WAS a Bears season ticket holder until they pissed him off and forced PSL's with the stadium renovation. He's been a Colts fan ever since. Think he knows the Colts did the same thing? LoL... There's always Green Bay... LoL...

With Denver, The Bills lost on a last second FG attempt.. 07 I think

For those who have trouble Bearing their boss..... I've reread my SN football preview mag on da bears....

Sadly, their offense looks like it is going to be really scary again. Somehow da bears got a decent O-line last season. The O didn't add anybody or lose anybody and it doesn't look like anybody luckily over achieved last year and you expect the wheels to fall off or anything like that. To sum up, the O - line is competent but does not dominate...at the skill positions the starters can dominate....they did lose McCown however.

The writer sez the Bears clearly upgraded last year's crappy D but it sounds like one of the worst in the league this year. Their best defender sounds like it's either FA pick up Jared Allen at 32 years of age or CB Charles Tillman at 33 and coming back from a torn triceps. They have another probowler in CB Tim Jennings but that's all the mag sez about him. I never heard of him....look out, it's Tim.

How good can he be? Da bears did add Allen, Lamar Houston (run stopping DE) and Willie Young (pass rushing DE) but said goodbye to Julius Peppers and Henry Melton ( who was injured last year but went to the probowl before). So, I guess that a bit of an upgrade. They also drafted CB Kyle Fuller #1 and from what I've read about him they chose well. The writer gave the defense on the ave. a grade of C, which is a very low average.(the overall ave. for the Bills is B+ And Jay Skurski gave our LBs a C which I think is too low).

Special teams are interesting.... They made Rick Gosslin's ST top 10 last year but the long snapper, punter and the great devon hester walked in the offseason. Could Danny Crossman redeem himself and get the Bills a W in week one?

Big factors for the Bills as I see it are #1- the Bills learning how to play with confidence and learning how to win on the road. #2- Da Bears prolific and balanced O at home in the opener. #3- Stephon Gilmore - if had to name only one Bill that really needs to step up his game this year in order for the Bills to turn around 14 yrs. of losing it would be him. A gym rat, unbelievable combo of size, strength, athleticism and speed and he is a leader, gym rat and film junkie. We need him to hit his skill level. I can't think of a team to play that we'd need him more for.

I know the Bills are just an on paper team, but I really think, this time, we're really going to do it. We are going to make the playoffs.

This a very tough opening day for us though, especially when considering how we played on the road last year.

If Marrone can get the Bills to think they are going to win and we don't shoot ourselves in the foot, I like our chances.

Bears don't show Bills enough respect, Bills are chomping at the bit to show the whole world that the streak is over, Bills aggressively attack on all three phases all four quarters....

Perhaps aggressively attack is redundant? iDK?

Bills - 35, da bears - 23.

Go Bills!

Last year the Bears were #2 in points scored, and #8 in yards while being 30th in both points, and yards. Still they only went 8-8.

Jay Cutler went 5-6 last year, and still gets rattled under strong pressure. As others have pointed out Schwartz knows how to beat the bears as the Lions swept them last year.

The Bills will be about 6.5 point underdogs going into this game. Gonna be interesting for sure. Three months to go...

Yes, but I'm more concerned about how our offense matches up with the Bears defense.

Both are question marks at this point.

Last year the Bears were #2 in points scored, and #8 in yards while being 30th in both points, and yards. Still they only went 8-8.

Jay Cutler went 5-6 last year, and still gets rattled under strong pressure. As others have pointed out Schwartz knows how to beat the bears as the Lions swept them last year.

The Bills will be about 6.5 point underdogs going into this game. Gonna be interesting for sure. Three months to go...

The offense looked better with McCown, though I understand not going with him as the long-term starter. Cutler is prone to INTs but the Bills D plays better at home. I do like that Schwartz has the familiarity with the Bears offense and has had success defending it. Their defense should be improved but it was so bad last year it was hard not to improve, talent-wise. They kept their DC though. Game 1 is always so hard to gauge... EJ looked fairly sharp in Game 1 last year but then again he was at home. He has certainly struggled on the road, but unless their D makes big strides in TC I hope we can do enough to win - i.e. run the ball and keep their offense off the field.

This is a game the Bills should lose on paper.

It's a tough way to start the season, the Bears are a strong team.

So the Bills have an opportunity to make a statement in Week 1 and on the road.

This will be a real test for Manuel, as the Bears defense will be coming after him.

The Bears WR's against our secondary will be quite a test.

The Bears fielded one of the worst defenses in the league last season...and then lost Peppers. They are a HUGE question mark. I put the probability of a Bills win at about 40%.

have no fear, the Bills will beat the Bears in week 1. Anyone going to the game. I'm in Chicago that weekend and trying to find tickets, but they are a ton on SH right now.

I am hoping to go, already have the time off work. According to the Bears website the date for sale start is still TBD. I do already have my ticket to the home opener, will be a fun two weeks!

The Bills ought to run the ball 30+ times in this game. Chicagos run D was epically bad last season.

I was thinking of the same thing. After 5 pre-season games and an extra week of practice due to playing the HOF game, the offense better gel by then. I don't think people appreciate what Whaley did this off season with adding two more solid RBs. Bryce Brown is no joke, and Dixon is a hammer. Most teams may have two solid backs, but we have 4.

Our defense should be much better against the run keeping Cutler, Jeffrey, and Marshall off the field. This is what I want all year. I hope we run two of the four backs for over 30 runs a game, dominating time of posession, and keeping our defense fresh. Our defense would have been better last year if we didn't go 3 and out so many times last year.

I don't see this as an easy game as I believe it's 50/50 we win. I just know we have to have a minimum of 5-3 by mid year, hoping really for 6-2. The last half of the year will be tough.