Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. I live in Miami also and have continued to keep season tickets for various reasons - not the least of which is to show that BUFFALO Bills fans support the BUFFALO Bills.

That's amazing Peter!! People like you and PTR separate the Bills fans. The fact that you guys support the team, regardless of record, from hundreds (if not thousands) of miles away. It is people like you guys that make people want to keep the team in WNY. Well done!!!

By the way, I just want to say thanks. It's nice to have some people here with some inside knowledge of things, and you guys have been awesome.

Hey, it's a pleasure and a privilege. I don't often come into reliable bits of info, so I really feel like it's important to share them when they're available to me.

Kirby has easily been the most informed person on this, and he's done me a solid or ten along the way by confirming things I was hearing.

This is going to be quite a fun time to be a Bills' fan, and I hope everyone is looking forward to it.

heres a hypothetical question, what if 10 of the NFL owners, led by Jerry Jones decided to vote against any new owner not named Bon Jovi. since you need 24 out of 32 votes for approval, would the trust have to take Jovis bid if other owners keep getting shot down? not that it would ever happen but just curious if they can basically choose who they want as owner, but i imagine there would be a lawsuit since it would effectively drive down the price of the franchise and how much the trust recieves

Just thought of something and maybe its nothing but even if the JBJ group won the bid, they would still have to pay the $400M to move the team. Or if they waited for the buyout, they would still have to pay a relocation fee and anywhere between $800M-$1.5B for a new statium.

They wouldnt be able to afford all of that would they if they got the team for say $1.5B?

CBF

heres a hypothetical question, what if 10 of the NFL owners, led by Jerry Jones decided to vote against any new owner not named Bon Jovi. since you need 24 out of 32 votes for approval, would the trust have to take Jovis bid if other owners keep getting shot down? not that it would ever happen but just curious if they can basically choose who they want as owner, but i imagine there would be a lawsuit since it would effectively drive down the price of the franchise and how much the trust recieves

I could only guess yes but Pegula has already gone through a vetting process with NFL owners. I don't think he would bid on the team if he thought they wouldn't approve him as an owner.

Agreed. I live in Miami also and have continued to keep season tickets for various reasons - not the least of which is to show that BUFFALO Bills fans support the BUFFALO Bills.

I live in California and have been a season ticket holder for the last 8 years for the same reason.

Thanks. I meant the story behind the term El Pegual

Oh, no idea. I've always called him TPegs over on Sabrespace since he bought the sabres. He's Buffalo's conquistador maybe.

Edited by The Wiz

That's amazing Peter!! People like you and PTR separate the Bills fans. The fact that you guys support the team, regardless of record, from hundreds (if not thousands) of miles away. It is people like you guys that make people want to keep the team in WNY. Well done!!!

Thanks. I appreciate it. I love Buffalo and the Buffalo Bills. It is part of my DNA. I have so many memories of going to games as a kid with my family. The Bills and the Sabres are part of who I am. When my Dad died, I absolutely could not give up the season tickets. My wife does not understand any of this. I suppose it is a Buffalo thing.

As an aside, I was thinking about something that Daniel Day-Lewis said after playing Abraham Lincoln. He said "I never, ever felt that depth of love for another human being that I never met. And that's, I think, probably the effect that Lincoln has on most people that take the time to discover him...."

I know that Kim and Terry Pegula are not Abraham Lincoln. Nevertheless, I never imagined that I could feel the way I do about the anyone (in this case the Pegulas) even though I have never met them. I could never thank them enough for what they have done for us and all of us that love Buffalo, the Buffalo Bills, and the Buffalo Sabres.

Kirby, I also want to thank you for being such a great member of this Buffalo Bills community and all of your good information, insight, and opinions.

Thanks. I meant the story behind the term El Pegual

Shoutbox typographical error that turned into a mainstay:

@ K-9 : (07 May 2014 - 01:52 PM) I'm guessing the new owner (Pegual) has already told Russ and Whaley to go for broke this year.

@ thebandit27 : (07 May 2014 - 01:53 PM) Wait, El Pegual is buying the Bills?

@ K-9 : (07 May 2014 - 01:54 PM) LOL, bandit! El Pegual doesn't buy teams too often, but when he does...

Edited by thebandit27

@ K-9 : (07 May 2014 - 01:52 PM) I'm guessing the new owner (Pegual) has already told Russ and Whaley to go for broke this year.

@ K-9 : (07 May 2014 - 01:54 PM) LOL, bandit! El Pegual doesn't buy teams too often, but when he does...

love it.

Thanks I thought it may translate into something totally badass but turns out it was just a K-9 trying to type with its paws.

Well, I dont want to celebrate or get too giddy yet. Still a lot of unknown ahead....

However, the leaks out of yesterday's developments seem to make it look like nearly a best-case type of day.

The best part IMO is the fact that Morgan Stanley scoured the wealthy and couldnt find any willing bidders. If they were having trouble then, it will be tougher now with a $1.3 Billion bid out there. I'd say it is looking very good that Pegula will be the last man standing by the end of August.