Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

They can not just say "... it did not work in Buffalo". There are rules in place to prevent teams from just uprooting. I think if the local communities are working with the team in good faith to keep the team in its current location they can not just move. This is not just the team talking with the counties or state it is also the NFL so, the JBJ group couldn't just say "They aren't helping" and pull stakes without NFL picking up the phone and checking out their story.

Art Modell is not available for comment.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and then they moved :(

They were not permitted to move until the court case got settled--and it only got settled when the City of Cleveland accepted a new team in lieu of forcing their existing team to stay.

I'd say that's slightly different than "and then they moved".

For the life of me I'll never understand why some fans are so determined to convince themselves that this team is/could be leaving.

They were not permitted to move until the court case got settled--and it only got settled when the City of Cleveland accepted a new team in lieu of forcing their existing team to stay.

I'd say that's slightly different than "and then they moved".

For the life of me I'll never understand why some fans are so determined to convince themselves that this team is/could be leaving.

Because doom and gloom goes well with beef on wick.

How do you think it will be for a guy who is used to being cheered wildly every time to goes out in public to spend eight straight years being booed everywhere he goes in the city where he owns the team. Not even being able to show his face in the stadium because 90% of the fans would believe he is the worst man on the planet and the biggest lier in the world. And every time there is a press conference for eight straight years he has to answer the same questions about lying to the fans, and how does it feel to know no one believes a word you say?

That's right. It ain't gonna happen. It would be an impossible situation.

So the only thing that matters (or at least should matter) to the trustees is if the new owner would keep the Bills in WNY. Bidding price be damned I guess huh.

Well, Chuckles is nothing if not his own best PR man ;)

If the Toronto bid is 20% higher, then no. 5% higher absolutely!

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I wonder why Trump thinks he is out of it? If the team is required to stay in WNY with no way out, that should depress the value of the team to a point where Trump should be competitive... must be something else.

BTW , whatever happened to the real Kirby Jackson (the player)?

I wonder why Trump thinks he is out of it? If the team is required to stay in WNY with no way out, that should depress the value of the team to a point where Trump should be competitive... must be something else.

I suspect he knows that this isn't a one-and-done bidding process. It is widely believed that the trustees will pick a couple bidders they like, then pit them one against another to get the best price they can. I don't see Trump being able to stay in that game with the likes of Pegula or the JBJ group. And I think he knows that as well.

If the team is required to stay in WNY with no way out, that should depress the value of the team to a point where Trump should be competitive

Are you under the assumption that there aren't multiple bidders that would keep the team here, or are you simply assuming that these multiple bidders have less money than the Toronto group?

... must be something else.

Yes, other potential owners have a lot more money (and liquidity)

It was stated from the beginning of the process that the bank doing the valuation of the team may seek out potential bidders from among their high-net worth clients. So, people with bottomless pockets who hadn't even thought of owning an NFL team until the bank came calling.

THAT is what I'm currently worried about, these as-of-yet unnamed variables in the equation.

How do you think it will be for a guy who is used to being cheered wildly every time to goes out in public to spend eight straight years being booed everywhere he goes in the city where he owns the team.

I thought we had dismissed Trump...

I thought we had dismissed Trump...

He is surely not used to being cheered everywhere he goes. ;)

I know you were kidding somewhat, but I bet it would really get to someone like Bon Jovi, a rock star, who just gets cheered and soaks in the adulation every night he performs. And would be getting booed in his own, for all intents and purposes, city and stadium. Answering questions would get tiresome to say the least, like when Jerry Sullivan say, "Hey, Jon, how does it feel for your children to know you are a bad faced liar to everyone in the country?" for eight straight years.

Congel teaming up with TO group now?

@john_wawrow: UPDATED: Trump says his #Bills bid unlikely to win | Pro32: Head to Head http://t.co/Le7DnXSJXg ... AP source: Congel to meet with TO group

I just worry that the fix is in somehow for this stupid Bon Jovi group.

As soon as you start to feel ok that they might have blown it new stories come up making them seem more threatening than ever.

I just worry that the fix is in somehow for this stupid Bon Jovi group.

As soon as you start to feel ok that they might have blown it new stories come up making them seem more threatening than ever.

the congel meeting makes them look worse IMO.