Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

It also says a LOT about TBD's favorite whipping boy Russ Brandon. As a defender of Russ, it is pretty unbelievable that that team, playing in that market manages to be there. There is a reason that he is so respected around the league.

Whoa, don't get all logical now. We're only 20th in league revenue, or as some people call it: "the worst in the NFL."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. You have to think Pegula (I'll use him as I think we all agree he is the best case scenario owner) is looking at the books thinking "why b. ld a new stadium when we have a perfectly good one that is recently renovated that will get me the biggest return on investment?" The low stadium operating costs might be the deal maker that really encourages soemone like Pegula or even an out of towner to take the plunge and buy the team to keep there for the long haul. From a practical standpoint, OP will make sense for a while. Now if the state, NFL and a private developer (Congel, Millstein, Jacobs) want to all chip is for a new stadium that will increase revenue with boxes, fancy concessions without a huge hike in rent etc. then the the new owner would be silly not to make the jump.

OK. Glad I took a minute to check in here because this leads me to a question I've had a while.

OBD is owned by the county. Erie County owns, runs and manages the property for the most part to my understanding.

How will this effect rent? And of that ownership by the county-what gets to the state level for taxes?

In other words: if the state thinks they can get a new stadium made for $X and the revenue goes up by $Z then a new stadium makes the state that much more money provided the state is repaid or refunds their initial investment in reasonable time.

I think the state is likely to want the Bills in a new stadium. Where boxes and other highly taxed items and methods are utilized.

This makes me believe that any owner wants the state to keep the current location, at least for 10 years.

The moron clearly cant even form a completed sentence.

The answer depends on where the team will in six years–Buffalo, Los Angeles or Toronto. I am beginning to think Toronto.

Forgot the word "be"

I also dont take any article's seriously that contain the name Jon Bon Jovi

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

The moron clearly cant even form a completed sentence.

Forgot the word "be"

I also dont take any article's seriously that contain the name Jon Bon Jovi

CBF

I don't take them seriously when they talk about "rocker" Jon Bon Jovi.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

This new Forbes article pisses me off, full of holes and speculation. The author is a fraud.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2014/07/16/value-of-buffalo-bills-depends-on-teams-location-in-2020/

Well that's a perfect article for the writer to get hits. Saying the team will either be in LA or Toronto come the end of the lease did what he wanted... Us to click a lot.

The retention of Goldman Sachs by the Bon Jovi and his group is potentially very bad news. Rogers may have a preexisting relationship with Goldman Sachs, but typically in an auction process the banks will go with the purchasers that they think have the best shot to win the bidding, and Goldman Sachs may have had their choice of purchasers to represent.

The retention of Goldman Sachs by the Bon Jovi and his group is potentially very bad news. Rogers may have a preexisting relationship with Goldman Sachs, but typically in an auction process the banks will go with the purchasers that they think have the best shot to win the bidding, and Goldman Sachs may have had their choice of purchasers to represent.

Everyone that bids will have a bank. Pegula hired Steve Greenberg which actually is a better sign that he will win. Edited by TheTruthHurts