Sammy=Moulds

IMO, Eric Moulds was and is probably the best WR of the bills in the 2000's(21st century). I Know some people have compared him to Eric Moulds. The way he goes up for the Balls and His speed after the catch, He Looks like Eric Moulds. Any thoughts on this? Would you like Sammy to be like Eric Moulds?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, Eric Moulds was and is probably the best WR of the bills in the 2000's(21st century). I Know some people have compared him to Eric Moulds. The way he goes up for the Balls and His speed after the catch, He Looks like Eric Moulds. Any thoughts on this? Would you like Sammy to be like Eric Moulds?

Sammy had better put up a lot better numbers than Moulds for what we gave up to get him. He also had better be far more consistent.

I hope he develops quicker than Moulds did, and is ultimately better.

If he doesn't he'll have been a complete waste of two 1st-rounders. When a team puts that kind of faith in you you need to perform as rookie.

Oh yes he better.

What, do you have a crystal ball?

If he doesn't he'll have been a complete waste of two 1st-rounders. When a team puts that kind of faith in you you need to perform as rookie.

What, do you have a crystal ball?

More than one.

looks like he is going to be a good investment , I see people smiling and cheering.

When a team puts that kind of investment in you. Hmm. Well i guess you better try your hardest to do the the very best you can. Any reason to think he wont ? Or doesn't . but i was referencing your acute use of better, as if he had better or else .

i think you will be pleased over the next 4 years or so with Sam Watkins. Both of my crystal balls say so :flirt:

Moulds was a big physical receiver. Sammy is a totally different type of player. Not sure why the comparison. Yes, they are both good receivers that have played for the Bills. Sammy can be physical after the catch but he's going to rely on his speed to get open. They are going to have to be a little more creative in order to get Sammy the ball in space in order to utilize that speed. Screens, reverses, pick plays. I think he will have some growing pains early on but hopefully he stays with it and tightens up his down field routes and maybe if the defense starts playing him under he can turn it up on them and go deep. This is the year we really need to stretch the field. I hope Manuel is working on his deep ball

Two different types of receivers as mentioned above me. Moulds game was more similar to Terrell Owens. Where Sammy Watkins looks like he's gonna be the second coming of Julio Jones. Btw Andre Reed is the greatest Bills WR of all time...as of right now :flirt:

Moulds was a big physical receiver. Sammy is a totally different type of player. Not sure why the comparison. Yes, they are both good receivers that have played for the Bills. Sammy can be physical after the catch but he's going to rely on his speed to get open. They are going to have to be a little more creative in order to get Sammy the ball in space in order to utilize that speed. Screens, reverses, pick plays. I think he will have some growing pains early on but hopefully he stays with it and tightens up his down field routes and maybe if the defense starts playing him under he can turn it up on them and go deep. This is the year we really need to stretch the field. I hope Manuel is working on his deep ball

Moulds was physical after the catch. I think Sammy will be better.

There are similarities in their styles but Sammy is faster and prob more talented overall

Saying Moulds is the best WR the Bills have had this century isn't really going out in a limb.

Moulds was the most talented receiver I've ever seen on the Bills and that list includes Andre Reed.

I just for the life of me cannot see what form of reason or rational thought could possibly make you feel comfortable saying that. Maybe you could explain it to us? I mean moulds was bigger but I think that was his only edge. Reed was able to realize his potential and he was clutch x 2. Moulds was very good but he didn't have that legendary "make it happen" in him that Andre had and proved time and time again

I just for the life of me cannot see what form of reason or rational thought could possibly make you feel comfortable saying that. Maybe you could explain it to us? I mean moulds was bigger but I think that was his only edge. Reed was able to realize his potential and he was clutch x 2. Moulds was very good but he didn't have that legendary "make it happen" in him that Andre had and proved time and time again

You know the clear argument is who each of them had throwing them the ball? Sounds like that did need to be explained to you. I actually agree that talent wise Moulds was the better receiver, not by a wide margin, but if I had to take one right now on this team it would be Moulds.

Edited by Triple Threat

You know the clear argument is who each of them had throwing them the ball? Sounds like that did need to be explained to you. I actually agree that talent wise Moulds was the better receiver, not by a wide margin, but if I had to take one right now on this team it would be Moulds.

Sorry bud, you didn't convince me or most others in my opinion. Nice try. I think you need to look at the stats and the teams win/loss. It's pretty clear Andre was tops. Potential doesn't mean anything if not realized

Edited by SJDK

I'd say Andre Reed is the best Bills WR and I'm hoping Watkins takes Jerry Rice's title of best ever.

Two different types of receivers as mentioned above me. Moulds game was more similar to Terrell Owens. Where Sammy Watkins looks like he's gonna be the second coming of Julio Jones. Btw Andre Reed is the greatest Bills WR of all time...as of right now :flirt:

Good points. I remember Moulds as well to have that long stride, and he did have sure hands. He just played on a number of bad Bills teams.

The key to Sammy is how well he picks up his route running in the NFL. He should be very exciting to watch. I'm tempering my feelings on Sammy as it takes time for WR to develop, so he may not light up the field his first year. It could be year 2 where he just turns into an absolute stud.