Golisano to bid on Bills & propose new WS staduim

My point about the "Toronto Bills" playing in NF, NY is that if the Bon Jovi/MLSE they might see that as a way to accomplish their goals AND keep the team in WNY

The name change would come a few years in... marketing, of course! A better way to capture Toronto $$ and the team is physically in WNY

Bud, I know you're honestly trying to make a point. But if you re-read this to yourself you'll understand why this can't be taken seriously.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bud, I know you're honestly trying to make a point. But if you re-read this to yourself you'll understand why this can't be taken seriously.

It does sound crazy, but so does the idea of a Toronto based group with billions of dollars who has devoted a solid decade and hundreds of millions of dollars to bringing the team to Toronto suddenly having a change of heart and deciding that its new goal is to keep the Buffalo Bills in WNY.

Guys with billions of dollars don't give up easily, and they are usually 5-6 moves ahead of everyone else, which is how they got their billions.

If a Toronto group bought the team, moved them right to the Canadian border (NF, NY) and changed the name I don't think it's totally crazy to think that Toronto would buy in. The 49ers don't play in SF, the Patriots* don't play in Boston, etc.

It does seem out there, but I don't trust for one second that MLSE/Bon Jovi have given up on their original plans in some shape or form.

Put it this way: IF MLSE and their Toronto money men buy the Bills and keep them in WNY (even in NF) that pretty much puts the nail in the coffin of a Toronto team. There has always been a push to make this "Toronto's team too" and the NFL is always looking to make more $$

I dreamed of being a professional baseball player too. I worked my whole life towards it but realized that it was not happening so the course changed. The skepticism is fair and warranted. I am just trying to tell you what I have heard from some very, very, very, very, very reliable sources.. The team will NOT be leaving WNY. That ship has already sailed.

All depends on what Ralph's will tells the trust to do in terms of accepting a buyer. If it's high bidder wins (which is what I thought the best intel was some time ago) then who knows. 29 pages of posts on this one topic says it all for me. No one knows and everyone is concerned.

All depends on what Ralph's will tells the trust to do in terms of accepting a buyer. If it's high bidder wins (which is what I thought the best intel was some time ago) then who knows. 29 pages of posts on this one topic says it all for me. No one knows and everyone is concerned.

It is not highest bidder wins. It is decided by a 4 person panel comprised of his wife, his niece, Littman and RW's attorney.

They will never win the bid then. These plans will be in motion long before the lease nears the out clause. They are not going to be able to lie to the commissioner, state and the trust. All of these stipulations will be written into the act of sale documents and signed off on by the league upon his approval. They will be legally bound to this plan.

As they have come to find out the deal with the state and the team is impossible to break (not difficult, impossible). I have not even mentioned the threat from the state of testing the league's anti-trust exemption. You best believe that will 100% be the case if the league even considers letting them violate a contract that they also agreed to (which they won't). That is the scariest thing in the world to quite a few owners. Their franchise values will plummet if that ever happened. Obviously, those guys would never approve relocation.

I really see no need to continue going round and round - it is pointless. There are SO, SO, SO, SO many roadblocks that have been instituted to prevent a relocation that even the groups that considered it have been forced to change course (JBJ) or drop out (Rogers). You are obviously not going to believe it until you see it but I am telling you that fight is over. The towel is been thrown in. JBJ used to be the scariest man in the world but not anymore. He is just great father and a terrible musician.

Money, I think that there are other groups that have more resources to make the new stadium project a little easier.

Kirby - with over 3200 posts - I would think you're not a shill for the Toronto group but you are kidding yourself if you think Bon Jovi and Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, a company based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada has completely abandoned its plans for an NFL franchise in Toronto. The Bills, from their perspective - are the best and only team that makes sense to move across the border. They will "sell" their "we will keep the team in Buffalo Niagara" plan to the very last minute and find a way to uproot it from the area.

There is no reason, anyone on this board, should be supporting or endorsing JBJ or MLSE. Furthermore, Mary Wilson and the trust would never sell to Canadian interests when we have legitimate candidates in Pegula and Golisano.

Stop drinking the kool aid and propagating Bon Jovi's "legitimate" plans for WNY.

Edited by keepBILLSinBUFFALO

Kirby - with over 3200 posts - I would think you're not a shill for the Toronto group but you are kidding yourself if you think Bon Jovi and Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, a company based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada has completely abandoned its plans for an NFL franchise in Toronto. The Bills, from their perspective - are the best and only team that makes sense to move across the border. They will "sell" their "we will keep the team in Buffalo Niagara" plan to the very last minute and find a way to uproot it from the area.

There is no reason, anyone on this board, should be supporting or endorsing JBJ or MLSE. Furthermore, Mary Wilson and the trust would never sell to Canadian interests when we have legitimate candidates in Pegula and Golisano.

Stop drinking the kool aid and propagating Bon Jovi's "legitimate" plans for WNY.

I am not supporting it but I am not afraid of it. What I have been told is that they will 100% be in WNY long term. I was at one point a little nervous but am not anymore.

I am not supporting it but I am not afraid of it. What I have been told is that they will 100% be in WNY long term. I was at one point a little nervous but am not anymore.

So sayeth Kirby, so sayeth we all.

Amazing the pessimism of some out there...

Gotta know when to stop selling Kirbs... your relentless support of JBJ/MLSE raises too many flags about your creditability and motive.

Edited by buffalobillsfootball

Gotta know when to stop selling Kirbs... your relentless support of JBJ/MLSE raises too many flags about your creditability and motive.

If you can find one post where I endorse him please feel free to post it here but it doesn't exist.

When I have info I try to share it on here. The response that I am getting is why it is usually communicated via PM. This is the most important topic in franchise history and I am trying to say that we don't need to worry about that group (or any group) moving the team to Toronto. That has been resolved. I am not the only one hearing the exact same thing either. If you want to wait and see you are entitled to do so. Others will take my word for it and rest a little easier.

There are a lot of posters on this board whose credibility can be called into question; Kirby is NOT one of them.

If he says he's heard something you can take it to the bank; he's never once--that I've witnessed--posted anything on this board that wasn't reliable. He's also occasioned to tell me (and others I'n sure) things via PM that were 100% accurate well before the esteemed media finds out.

This should be seen as good news.

If you can find one post where I endorse him please feel free to post it here but it doesn't exist.

When I have info I try to share it on here. The response that I am getting is why it is usually communicated via PM. This is the most important topic in franchise history and I am trying to say that we don't need to worry about that group (or any group) moving the team to Toronto. That has been resolved. I am not the only one hearing the exact same thing either. If you want to wait and see you are entitled to do so. Others will take my word for it and rest a little easier.

I've only lurked here for years and I've learned to take it to the bank Kirby. Always grateful for the information, positive or negative.

There are a lot of posters on this board whose credibility can be called into question; Kirby is NOT one of them.

If he says he's heard something you can take it to the bank; he's never once--that I've witnessed--posted anything on this board that wasn't reliable. He's also occasioned to tell me (and others I'n sure) things via PM that were 100% accurate well before the esteemed media finds out.

This should be seen as good news.

I've only lurked here for years and I've learned to take it to the bank Kirby. Always grateful for the information, positive or negative.

What these guys said^

It is not highest bidder wins. It is decided by a 4 person panel comprised of his wife, his niece, Littman and RW's attorney.

With all due respect, how could you possibly know that? If that has been verified public knowledge I apologize, but otherwise that's the first I've heard of that one. Ok , if that is the case , then what decision criteria are they to follow? Or is Ralph's will, which no one has seen, silent on that?

So sayeth Kirby, so sayeth we all.

Amazing the pessimism of some out there...

Pessimism-R-Us.

I could definitely see MSLE/JBJ keep the team in WNY if that is the only way they can be owners. And as much as they would like a stadium in Toronto proper they can build in NF for about 1/3 the price.

If they have any chance of getting the team they HAVE to say they changed their minds and have come up with an alternative plan to keep the team in WNY. That is the only possible way they can be successful in their bid. Therefore, they will say to anyone and everyone that they changed their minds and they could very realistically live with and be happy with keeping the team in WNY. I also heard from a very reliable source that they are serious and going to come in with a high bid.

Don't believe them for a second, regardless of what they say and to who. The only, only, only way I would believe them is after they have actually signed a contract on a new stadium being built in WNY and at least one shovel has been kicked. Otherwise, I will consider them very likely to be liars, and I sincerely doubt the NFL would even consider this.

He's liquid!!! Is the timing of his recent sale a coincidence?? I think not...

Actually, it was pretty much a coincidence. The group he sold to was buying up a ton of land and the sale had been in the works for months.

It doesn't matter tho, Pegula had enough liquid cash before that and he still has other land primed for drilling/fracking that he could sell if he felt like it. He was simply taking advantage of a rush on shale basins in that area.