Golisano to bid on Bills & propose new WS staduim

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So hypothetical, if the Toronto group wins does tanenbaum need to sell the leafs?

I know the sabres/bills thing has been beaten to death but Toronto isn't part of the buffalo market in regards to the NFL. I'm sure I'm missing a key point in this somewhere but can't remember what it is.

Edited by The Wiz

I am waving the white towel on this one. I can't say too much more (I have already said more than I should). If I do post something on here and state it as fact -that is because it is. If there is any conjecture or doubt I keep it off the board. Some will believe me and some won't but I felt a sense of responsibility to pass this one along. It will all play out soon enough and the outcome will be with the Bills in WNY for a long, long time. I guarantee it :)

I'll book it based on this post alone. Thanks Kirby.

Oh..and PM me anytime with the 'good stuff.' I can keep a secret.

I am waving the white towel on this one. I can't say too much more (I have already said more than I should). If I do post something on here and state it as fact -that is because it is. If there is any conjecture or doubt I keep it off the board. Some will believe me and some won't but I felt a sense of responsibility to pass this one along. It will all play out soon enough and the outcome will be with the Bills in WNY for a long, long time. I guarantee it :)

This does make me feel better... If you are THAT sure then I will take that as good news and just enjoy the nice weekend!

This does make me feel better... If you are THAT sure then I will take that as good news and just enjoy the nice weekend!

if you guys think that a group of multi-millionaires and billionaires that are used to getting whatever they want are going to give up on their dream of having an NFL team in Toronto then you guys are only fooling yourselves. They are going to do whatever it takes to move the team. It's inevitable

Doesnt the NFL prefer 1 owner instead of a group?

Isnt Pegula still worth more than Rogers?

CBF

I think they do but for whatever reason they (the NFL owners) all love sniffing Bon Jovi's jock strap. He has a lot of supporters from what I've heard

if you guys think that a group of multi-millionaires and billionaires that are used to getting whatever they want are going to give up on their dream of having an NFL team in Toronto then you guys are only fooling yourselves. They are going to do whatever it takes to move the team. It's inevitable

Well those are my thoughts, but Kirby seems pretty definitive....

IF the Toronto money men and their crappy music rocker buddy keep the team here it is because they are being FORCED and that is not good at all because billionaires don't like being forced to do anything. I am VERY worried that all of a sudden the MLSE/Rogers/Bon Jovi buzz is gaining momentum and the "sources" are now trying to calm us about their ownership of the team...

I just hope Pegula wins the bid and all this is never tested

Appreciate all the info you give Kirby.

Face it. There are a few here who secretly want the Bills to leave because it feeds their sense of victimhood.

Let's hope that this "free and open process" is like when you interview for a job when they already know who they want to hire and just have to go through the motions.

You would have to blow their chosen candidate out of the water AND that person would have to fall on their face. Even then, it becomes 50/50 at best.

I hope that is what this is like and Pegula is the ideal candidate to win the bid. Pegula will not fall on his face in the process, so if he's the preferred guy and is dedicated to winning the bid I don't see how he loses.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Well those are my thoughts, but Kirby seems pretty definitive....

IF the Toronto money men and their crappy music rocker buddy keep the team here it is because they are being FORCED and that is not good at all because billionaires don't like being forced to do anything. I am VERY worried that all of a sudden the MLSE/Rogers/Bon Jovi buzz is gaining momentum and the "sources" are now trying to calm us about their ownership of the team...

I just hope Pegula wins the bid and all this is never tested

Exactly! I'm worried that these "sources" are trying to calm everyone down because they know this group has the best chance to get the team and there's going to be a lot of people in WNY upset about that. We see through this ploy. They are trying to steal our team and I'm not ok with that

Face it. There are a few here who secretly want the Bills to leave because it feeds their sense of victimhood.

That's a Bull$ht comment PTR ! I'm sorry, I trust that Kirby has good sources, but feeling scared and being worried that a group of Toronto billionaire businessman just might not have the best of intentions at keeping the team in Buffalo is not a stretch --- and if we choose to express that on posts, we somehow want the Bills to leave ? -- that's crap and you know it. I trust that Kirby has good sources, but I don't trust these Toronto guys at all. Like others have said as well as me, what's to prevent them from saying one thing and doing another, a contract ? Noone has said boo about an iron-clad contract to keep the Bills in WNY past the current lease. So, I'm sorry, unless Kirby can share specifics, I need to stop short of being comfortable. And NO, I don't want the team to move !!!!!!!!!

This is just stupid.

People are posting on this board because they don't want the Bills to leave. NOBODY here wants them to leave.