Pegula sells land for $1.75 Billion, Will Bid on Bills!

Lincoln Field is moving to Hamilton where it will be domed and serve as the new home of the Bills.

what will happen to the UNLV Rebels then? They will surely be moved out of the Thomas and Mack center if that happens.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Benigni ‏@adambenigni · 5m

Source tells me Jacobs and DNC now positioned to lead stadium effort here in Buffalo... DNC gaming interests prevent owning NFL team @wgrz

Adam Benigni ‏@adambenigni · 3m

Source tells me discussions have taken place in connection with potential Pegula bid, where Pegula owns team, Jacobs DNC leads stadium @wgrz

AP sources: Bruins family mulls Bills stadium: http://pro32.ap.org/...s-bills-stadium

The family of Boston Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs is proposing to build a stadium to help secure the Buffalo Bills' long-term future in the region, two people involved in discussions told The Associated Press.

Executives of Jacobs' Buffalo-based Delaware North hospitality and management company are to meet with at least one prospective ownership group and members of a firm hired by New York state to evaluate potential new stadium sites in Erie and Niagara counties, the people said.

"You gotta pay the troll toll

to get into this boys soul,

you gotta pay the troll toll

to get in."

It sounds like you're saying "boys hole".

As an aside, if El Pegula does end up buying the Bills, it's my sincere hope this goes down as the single best, most epic, feel-good thread in TBD history.

It sounds like you're saying "boys hole".

As an aside, if El Pegula does end up buying the Bills, it's my sincere hope this goes down as the single best, most epic, feel-good thread in TBD history.

It will compete only with the future "Chris Hogan released per Bills app" thread Edited by YoloinOhio

DO you think El Pegual would move Penn State to Hamilton?

Can El Pegual Gordo own both the Hamilton Bills of College Park and the Sabres? Now we're talking international, multi-jurisdictional matters. The tax returns would be ridiculous.

You can't own a professional sports team AND a public university in neighboring states. Read a book or somethin.

Depends who pays for or finances the stadium so the city or county usually owns the stadium. Arlington owns AT&T Stadium in Dallas. Erie County owns Ralph Wilson Stadium. City of Green Bay owns Lambeau Field. I really don't know of any privately built stadiums off the top of my head. Not sure how that would work. If Jacobs pays for the new stadium does he own it and then leases it to the Bills? Who own the Chiefs? Owwwwnnns, Owwwwwwns, Should find out soon.

What about the NFL bylaw that states you can't own a stadium in one city while owning a professional sports team in another if the NFL team that will be playing in said stadium is owned by an owner who owns multiple regional sports teams, and one of them happens to be a lacrosse team?

What about the NFL bylaw that states you can't own a stadium in one city while owning a professional sports team in another if the NFL team that will be playing in said stadium is owned by an owner who owns multiple regional sports teams, and one of them happens to be a lacrosse team?

You can if the buyout clause in a lease is less than $200M, which ours is.

I can't really picture this. Is there any other situation where one guy builds the stadium and another owns the team? (PS - I haven't read the article yet, in case I sound stupid!)

Seymor Knox secured 67.5 million dollars of the original 127 million to build FNC (at the time known as Crossroads Arena). It is widely known 55 million of that came from Jeremy Jacobs. In return, Jacobs firm gets the vending contracts, which are much more lucrative over the life span of an arena of this stature (normally slated for 50 years).

Jacobs will most certainly be in on any stadium built for the Bills, those contracts are worth their weight in gold.

transient law. :lol:

Depends who pays for or finances the stadium so the city or county usually owns the stadium. Arlington owns AT&T Stadium in Dallas. Erie County owns Ralph Wilson Stadium. City of Green Bay owns Lambeau Field. I really don't know of any privately built stadiums off the top of my head. Not sure how that would work. If Jacobs pays for the new stadium does he own it and then leases it to the Bills? Who own the Chiefs? Owwwwnnns, Owwwwwwns, Should find out soon.

No, Jacobs would not own it. There are certain guarantees made to parties that put up the capitol necessary. And there is no promises his money will be accepted either, but, the option does exist.

Seymor Knox secured 67.5 million dollars of the original 127 million to build FNC (at the time known as Crossroads Arena). It is widely known 55 million of that came from Jeremy Jacobs. In return, Jacobs firm gets the vending contracts, which are much more lucrative over the life span of an arena of this stature (normally slated for 50 years).

Jacobs will most certainly be in on any stadium built for the Bills, those contracts are worth their weight in gold.

Because the stadium will be in Buffalo, and Delaware North is in Buffalo, and the Jacobs family has a longstanding good tradition in Buffalo, wouldn't the concession contract for Sportservice almost automatically go to them whether they were involved in building of the stadium or not?