Pegula sells land for $1.75 Billion, Will Bid on Bills!

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rogers is a pretty big boogeyman out there.

and like people say is a good sign: He is being very quiet

not really. He's part of JBJ and they have been extremely up front and public about owning an NFL franchise.

Terry Used to own and operate a small oil service company called East Resources.. Their field office was about 20 min from ours. I personally worked on hundreds of his wells and was used to do an important process called Air Notching in the production end of his wells.. He is a great guy. Everyone enjoys working for him. He paid better than everyone else and if you worked for him at the time, you were a lucky man.. It would be a great thing for Terry to buy the team! He worked hard to make his money and lucked out when Shell came and bought all of his leases up. He went from being a normal blue collar hard working oilman to one of the richest people in America overnight. He has and I believe will continue to be a great guy and do a lot for the community. He has gone way outta his way to help his Alma Mater Penn State. I am now rooting really hard for Terry! I figured that this would come about eventually

A REALLY stupid part of the NFL bylaws, which no one to my knowledge has ever been able to fully explain, is that while an owner cannot own an NHL team in a different market, he CAN own three teams in two markets, which cancel the other two out.

So Pegular could buy, say, the Charlotte Bobcat Hornets or the Cincinnati Reds, and still own the Bills and Sabres.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

More fantastic news. I'm still concerned about the multiple franchise issue, however. It's as if some of the national reporters haven't done their homework.

Any update on this?

We should discuss it here. Can Pegula own 2 teams??

Bump.

A REALLY stupid part of the NFL bylaws, which no one to my knowledge has ever been able to fully explain, is that while an owner cannot own an NHL team in a different market, he CAN own three teams in two markets, which cancel the other two out.

So Pegular could buy, say, the Charlotte Bobcats or the Cincinnati Reds, and still own the Bills and Sabres.

are you F%#King with me right now?

Ceiling. You mean retractable ceiling.

Another option could be like what the Cardinals do with their field that they keep outside in the sun during the week, and then move it inside for the games. The Bills could utilize a retractable FLOOR, not a roof, and move in the field with, like, 8" of snow on it, and have a great homefield advantage for all eight games at the new stadium.