Pegula sells land for $1.75 Billion, Will Bid on Bills!

Hey fellas, quick question: won't Pegula be prevented from buying the Bills since he already owns the Sabres?

:bag:

Great question eball.

Were El Pegual allowed to own the Sabres and Bills someone would have chimed in by now. At the very least his name would have been included in some of the rumors circulating regarding potential buyers. If it was allowed, El Pegual would be the most obvious candidate. Pretty telling.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you freaking trolling here? This has been discussed not only in this thread but to death for years. It is possible. It is only against NFL laws to own 2 different franchises in 2 different cities, and that's only of they have another franchise in that city. Which is why Jacobs can't purchase the Bills because he already owns the Bruins and the Pats are another NFL team in the city in which he owns his hockey team.

Its a serious question. What is trolling?

I haven't seen anyone even attempt to answer the question. Sorry if it has been addressed but I'm not going to sift through 22 pages to find the needle in the haystack.

Its a serious question. What is trolling?

I haven't seen anyone even attempt to answer the question. Sorry if it has been addressed but I'm not going to sift through 22 pages to find the needle in the haystack.

nope. It's been one of those days. I but once. It isn't gonna happen again. Well done.

Under NFL bylaws, you can own an NHL team in the same market, but you cannot own a lacrosse team, and Pegula reportedly refuses to sell.

I'm still trying to figure how he is able to own two NHL farm teams? Especially since they are within the same market.

Awful, just awful.

You don't pump in pansy SteveStojan like that before a playoff game. Try some AC/DC instead of some crappy "woe is me, we deserve this" kind of tripe.

Blech!

They played this before the players came on the ice, and then the players came on the ice to Street Fighting Man.

Does that make it better for you?

Oswego County seems a bit far from Erie County...

http://www.mexicony.net/

True story, in my younger days we were taking a road trip through that area on our way to NYC and a girl in the car saw a sign that said Mexico 5 miles --> and she got really confused and said "woah, I thought Mexico was farther away than that. Why does everyone fly there then?" :cry::doh::wallbash:

True story, in my younger days we were taking a road trip through that area on our way to NYC and a girl in the car saw a sign that said Mexico 5 miles --> and she got really confused and said "woah, I thought Mexico was farther away than that. Why does everyone fly there then?" :cry::doh::wallbash:

Lucky she didn't drive through Peru. http://www.perutown.com/

True, but then she asked if someone could own 2 professional teams in the same city and then we kicked her out of the car

:lol::thumbsup:

There's stupid and then there's stupid!

Thanks for sharing this video. When you don't live in Buffalo, you miss things like this motivational song/video. It sounds like this was produced for the Sabres pre-game I'm guessing. I'm going to get on my sister as she works for the Sabres.

I love the positive attitude for many of the posters on this thread. I get so sick of hearing how bad my Bills are or just ripping on anything they can with our team or city. My answer is always "go be a fan of another team if you don't like ours. It's different halfway through the season and say we were 2-6. I understand that frustration, but we haven't played a game yet.

I'm happy to hear Buffalo is starting to revitalize and reinvent itself. My understanding is there has been quite an infusion of medical research these last several years. I live in Tampa, but my heart will always be from Buffalo. My wife laughs as she sees me get genuinely excited when I meet someone from Buffalo, and we automatically have this kinship where we talk about things unique to Buffalo. She'll say "I don't know anyone from any other city that connects like you Buffalo people". She infers this as a compliment.

Go Bills and Go Buffalo!

Thank you! Yes, they did it before the players came out in 2007 during the playoffs. They kept adding scenes to the video from previous games in the playoffs, etc.............I'm pretty sure they ended up putting it on TV as well as the scoreboard.

I'm not entirely sure about what you mean by "for a while now", and I'm certainly not on a witch hunt or anything, but I thought I remembered a drastically different tune from you recently...

http://forums.twobil...40#entry3146218

I thought I had my posters mixed up!

too early to say. Pegula will be among the front-runners if he elects to make a bid. expecting at least one other big name (out of towner, likely) to emerge that has yet to be mentioned.

jw

Out of towner who wants to keep the team in town? I hope...

True, but then she asked if someone could own 2 professional teams in the same city and then we kicked her out of the car

It's a frustrating rule, but it is intended to keep owners from creating a monopoly in any one city for fear of placing financial loyalties against other owners outside that given market. Pegula has a choice to make...Sabres or Bills. Can't keep them both.

I'm not entirely sure about what you mean by "for a while now", and I'm certainly not on a witch hunt or anything, but I thought I remembered a drastically different tune from you recently...

http://forums.twobil...40#entry3146218

Yes, early on when I was made aware of discussions on the region, there appeared to be little interest in investing in the region. Something that I was made aware of changed that. And not just some rumor. I can only say that the area is indeed being targeted for investment not only by local power brokers, but by others.

I don't say these things lightly either or without some substance to them. What I was informed of, it's a very different outlook from just a month ago. Information is power, as they say.