Hillary's Campaign Kickoff

I would have made my observation before I attended either one. The people attending the rallies are no surprise.

On the second point, agreed. Neither one is a uniter.

You expected anything other than sunshine and unicorns at a concert for teeny-boppers? Yeah, that's a real great sample there. :rolleyes:

Edited by Doc

http://nypost.com/2016/11/06/clinton-directed-her-maid-to-print-out-classified-materials/

At least one could argue the classified emails were sanitized

I think this is a deflection. Trying to make it seem casual, "oh, even the maid is in on it, lol". There was nothing casual about any of it, it was done with purpose.

Edited by HoF Watkins

LAMP: Attended one of the Get Out To Vote (GOTV) Concerts last night

I'm enjoying my Saturday when my wife says, "Hey hun, [daughter] just got invited to see Katy Perry tonight and the parents of the kid with the tickets can't drive suddenly. Can we chaperone?"

There goes my night of catching up on Walking Dead and Black Mirror.

My wife, tricky Independent but really Democrat that she is, gets me to agree then reveals it's a Hillary event/Katy Perry concert.

My takeaways:

- They trotted out all the PA area names...but the person who got the most love and got the crowd most fired up, even more than Hillary, was Cory Booker. Everyone knows it but his star is on big time ascent.

- Madeleine Albright joined the crowd on stage and she got a really nice round of applause.

- Hillary spoke for no more than 5 minutes. My wife and I agree that both candidates look like damp dishrags right now. There's no more to drain from them and having seen them so many times, I am completely sick of them. She got the base cheering of course but didn't leave me (who is not voting for her) or my wife (who is voting for her) particularly excited.

- Crowd was mundane... Lots of families. Like a big soccer tournament was happening. Positive and upbeat--contrasts with the angry, doomsday Trump crowds.

- Katy Perry. She had the best message of the night. During the one moment where she talked about the election, she said she supported Hillary but didn't overdo it. Then she told the crowd that her parents are huge Conservatives, who she loves dearly and who love her, and that she hoped that everyone remembered our commonality as we wrap up the election. It wasn't a unique message by any means, but both candidates and their supporters (and we see it playing out here) continue to lose sight of this. She played 5-6 songs and sang America the Beautiful. She wore a star spangled outfit.

- Protestors. There were 6 people in our pack including 4 kids are all high school freshmen, and one of those kids is an openly gay son of gay parents. The lone protestor had a "HOMO SEX IS SIN" sign and a bullhorn he used to lecture the crowd on how if you were gay, Buddhist, Muslim, or [laundry list of usual suspects], you were going to hell. The teens made fun of him (as did everyone) but it made the boy particularly angry.

- Protestors 2. The venue was an outdoor concert place in Philly called the Mann Music Center. It happens that right now the circus is in town and the tents are immediately adjacent the Mann. So there were also animal abuse protestors all around. They of course fit right into the Hillary crowd.

What strikes me is why any young thinking person would attend anything about Hillary and at the same time would be a fan of Perry who is an embarrassing liberal. For it is Clinton and her ilk and her generation who have managed our federal government into the vile mess that it is in. Not in decades have we faced such a fiscal, economic, national and international mess which threatens the youngest voters the most and Clinton represents the exact governing style and lack of integrity that will only further the mess. Our youngest voting citizens needs to be the most conservative generation of voters ever.

Edited by keepthefaith

And they're shelling out $140 a ticket to see Perry.

All tickets were free.

What strikes me is why any young thinking person would attend anything about Hillary and at the same time would be a fan of Perry who is an embarrassing liberal. For it is Clinton and her ilk and her generation who have managed our federal government into the vile mess that it is in. Not in decades have we faced such a fiscal, economic, national and international mess which threatens the youngest voters the most and Clinton represents the exact governing style and lack of integrity that will only further the mess. Our youngest voting citizens needs to be the most conservative generation of voters ever.

Easy anecdote for you Jim.

I just heard the FBI has decided not to change the decision they made in july. I guess they went through the 650,000 emails and found no wrong doing.

So is Comey still a Republican/politically motivated/trying to rig the election/misogynist hack? Edited by reddogblitz