Hillary's Campaign Kickoff

Gary Johnson
"Cut Medicare/Medicaid by 43%, as part of $1.675 trillion cut. (May 2011)"
"Open the border; flood of Mexicans would become taxpayers. (Jan 2001)"
that would be too radical
No way Congress would go along with any of those ideas
Voter base Libertarian Party
Ballot access expert Richard Winger, the editor of Ballot Access News, periodically compiles and analyzes voter registration
statistics as reported by state voter agencies, and he reports that as of October 2012, the Libertarians ranked fifth in voter registration nationally with 325,807.

The president can't enact legislation (except by Bush-Obama fiat). Johnson would have to do in the US what he did as governor, the unthinkable in 2016. He will have to reach across aisles, make compromises. Like a grown up. At the moment, he seems like the only person in the race capable of acting like one.

He was called smarmy, creepy and ugly because those descriptions fit him. And that's what separates leaders from iconoclasts. Leaders let it roll of their backs and move on.

The GOP convention was pure proof that Ted can't lead or govern.

And you still haven't answered which candidate from the giant pool of geniuses would have been the last piece of the Republican puzzle to American prosperity.

You know what is proof that the establishment GOP can't lead, govern or beat the commies back? The last 20 years. That's a lot longer than a convention speech.

And note that Trump has surrounded himself with Dole people which seems to indicate the establishment's willingness to work with a commie.....as you call Trump. It's interesting that the capitalist received full on bashing.

I've seen you hit this drum and I do understand why but I don't think it's that simple. Clinton has a pretty clear leftist with some serious hawk policy (sticking to ideas and platform here, not her abhorrent history). Listening to Trump, you'd be hard-pressed to figure out a coherent policy.

That said, his website lays out a modestly GOP-friendly platform. Trump appears to have little-to-no belief in those as-written positions and is not taking them seriously. If he was, maybe we could have an election on the issues and not the personalities.

I am likely to vote Johnson. I agree with his positions nearly completely. I like that he and Weld are committed to co-governing.

Image wise, I wish Johnson didn't come across like the "B team" intellect. I hope he gets more exposure and proves me wrong. I'm not sure he has presidential gravitas--if he did, he might be doing a little better.

I showed some interview to some friends recently and they literally said, "that guy?" They were laughing to imagine him as president. Nothing to do with his positions. They were on board with his positions. Strange issue, but a real one.

Well, a B-team intellect is top of the class in 2016.

Well, a B-team intellect is top of the class in 2016.

It is unusual for a B team intellect to be paired with the immense arrogance displayed by both major candidates. A B team intellect with A team listening skills is a FAR better combination than its reverse IMO.

I'm sure I'll listen to Johnson and I will probably like him a lot. He won't win.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what Kermit the Frog has to do with anything. The text, I get.

The Kermit sipping tea picture is a common meme where the typical format is the top line pointing out hypocrisy on the part of the party the meme is targeted at, and the bottom line reading "but that's none of my business." In this case the "but that's none of my business" part is implied by the picture to those previously familiar with the meme.

Edited by Chandemonium

The Kermit sipping tea picture is a common meme where the typical format is the top line pointing out hypocrisy on the part of the party the meme is targeted at, and the bottom line reading "but that's none of my business." In this case the "but that's none of my business" part is implied by the picture to those previously familiar with the meme.

I don't think that's it. It is because he is a frog, representing a French immigrant that crossed the Mexican border and spoke at the DNC. The snooty tea sipping is just him rubbing it in everyone's face.

I don't think that's it. It is because he is a frog, representing a French immigrant that crossed the Mexican border and spoke at the DNC. The snooty tea sipping is just him rubbing it in everyone's face.

Either way, they shouldn't have brought Kermit into it. It's frickkin Kermit, jeez. It already isn't easy being green and now he's got a generation of people thinking he's a self-important a-hole Frenchman.

While the Electoral College may give her an advantage, party leaders and strategists say they remain concerned that Clinton is a tough sell when a majority of Americans think the country is on the wrong track and want to shake up Washington.

The most important thing is there is a bias for change and theres an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll where people express that bias even when they dont know what the change is going to be, said Geoff Garin, a pollster who worked for Clintons 2008 presidential campaign and now advises Priorities USA, a pro-Clinton super PAC.

That July survey showed a majority of voters, 56 percent, prefer someone who will bring major changes to government even if they dont know what those changes will be. Only 46 percent wanted a candidate who would bring a steady approach to government.

It helps explain Trumps success, and the strong challenge to Clinton in the Democratic primary from Sen. Bernie Sanders.

Away from the hoopla of the Wells Fargo, Democratic officials and strategists say its a major concern.

Im nervous. The country is in a bad mood. Its such an unpredictable year, said a Democratic National Committee official who requested anonymity to speak frankly about Clintons prospects.

Either way, they shouldn't have brought Kermit into it. It's frickkin Kermit, jeez. It already isn't easy being green and now he's got a generation of people thinking he's a self-important a-hole Frenchman.

I'm not really going to shed a tear for Kermit because he turned into a douche when he got famous. With that said, I'm not sure I could avoid being a douche if I had a communist's hand up my behind controlling me for 40 years.

It is unusual for a B team intellect to be paired with the immense arrogance displayed by both major candidates. A B team intellect with A team listening skills is a FAR better combination than its reverse IMO.

I'm sure I'll listen to Johnson and I will probably like him a lot. He won't win.

Yup.

The guys in the Alamo knew they weren't going to win.

"That's not what I heard Comey say..."

(relevant portion of the video starts at 14:45 of the video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaa9X2BF4I8&feature=youtu.be&t=885

You have to hand it to her. Even after the FBI director says under oath that she sent and received marked classified info through a personal email account, she can deflect and dispute the claim and there isn't even a hint of body language or any facial expression that might make it seem like she is lying. Ice cold she is.

Edited by keepthefaith

Bill Clinton all over again :doh: bull ****, lies and distortion

Not really.

When Bill Clinton lies to you, you want to believe him.

When Hiliary Clinton lies to you, you know she's lying, she doesn't care that she's lying, and she's knows there are no consequences for her lies

You have to hand it to her. Even after the FBI director says under oath that see sent and received marked classified info through a personal email account, she can deflect and dispute the claim and there isn't even a hint of body language or any facial expression that might make it seem like she is lying. Ice cold she is.

It's not lying to her because she beleves herself.