Hillary's Campaign Kickoff

First and foremost was Cruz.

Rubio was at first too but then they actually tried to help him.

Paul never really had a shot but took a lot of bashing along with Fiorina. While the RNC was trying to help Bush, Trump happened. They deserved it. America doesn't, but they did.

Ted Cruz sabotaged Ted Cruz. He had the perfect opportunity to sell his story to a broader range of voters, and he failed miserably. Maybe you too will one day understand that it wasn't the RNC that prevented a smarmy iconclast, who's alienated every single person he's come in contact with, get beyond his core base. Cruz had plenty of opportunity to broaden his support. He failed miserably.

FTFY

This is insane.

Is this another one of your attempts to distance yourself from crazy conspiracy theories?

Edited by GG

In the Hillary Clinton Era, Democrats Welcome Lobbying Money Back Into the Convention

BY QUIETLY DROPPING a ban on direct donations from registered federal lobbyists and political action committees, the Democratic National Committee in February reopened the floodgates for corruption that Barack Obama had put in place in 2008.

Secret donors with major public-policy agendas were welcomed back in from the cold and showered with access and appreciation at the Democratic convention in Philadelphia.

Major donors were offered “Family and Friends” packages, including suites at the Ritz-Carlton, backstage passes, and even seats in the Clinton family box. Corporate lobbyists like Heather Podesta celebrated the change, telling Time: “My money is now good.”

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Ted Cruz sabotaged Ted Cruz. He had the perfect opportunity to sell his story to a broader range of voters, and he failed miserably. Maybe you too will one day understand that it wasn't the RNC that prevented a smarmy iconclast, who's alienated every single person he's come in contact with, get beyond his core base. Cruz had plenty of opportunity to broaden his support. He failed miserably.

?

Give me a break. He spoke to people like they were grown ups and he was called things like smarmy and creepy and ugly and on and on by Republicans. Real substantive complaints. Aaaaaaaaand.........Trump.

What candidate should the Republicans have selected? Bush? Was he short on opportunity to get his message out? Please clap.

As for the RNC, how many years do they need to deliver on their message? How many senators? Would 99 be enough?

Edited by 4merper4mer

Hillary Clinton is raising millions from hedge funds, thanks to Citizens United

There's a businessman in the race, but that isn't stopping hedge funds from dumping cash into Clinton's campaign for president. Seven financial firms have offered up $48.5 million to the web of pro-Clinton groups working to get her elected, while Trump's coffers hold a comparatively meager $19,000, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Clinton's hedge fund bonanza is thanks in large part to the Supreme Court's 2010 Citizens United ruling, which torpedoed restrictions on outside spending and paved the way for the era of super PACs.

That's a ruling that Clinton's campaign is nevertheless promising to reverse. Her website's "campaign finance reform" page leads with a vow to undo Citizens United.

https://news.vice.com/article/hillary-clinton-is-raising-millions-from-hedge-funds-thanks-to-citizens-united

Poll: Clinton up by 6 nationally

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/289862-poll-clinton-up-by-6-nationally

Give me a break. He spoke to people like they were grown ups and he was called things like smarmy and creepy and ugly and on and on by Republicans. Real substantive complaints. Aaaaaaaaand.........Trump.

What candidate should the Republicans have selected? Bush? Was he short on opportunity to get his message out? Please clap.

As for the RNC, how many years do they need to deliver on their message? How many senators? Would 99 be enough?

He was called smarmy, creepy and ugly because those descriptions fit him. And that's what separates leaders from iconoclasts. Leaders let it roll of their backs and move on.

The GOP convention was pure proof that Ted can't lead or govern.

Vote Johnson.

You forget. I'm in California. My vote means nothing. Every person outside my zip code who is breathing, dead and/or illegal votes for the Dem.

Perks of a sanctuary state.

I live in Virginia. If I play my cards right, my vote could be counted multiple times in multiple states

I've had a few people tell me that if I vote for Trump they will get their sibling/parent/child/friend in non-swing state to vote for Johnson. Then I mention that my Dad, who until recently thought Libertarians were just Republicans who wanted to smoke pot, is also planning on voting for Johnson in Pennsylvania. Could rack up a few votes that way :P

I watched the GOP cower against the DNC media machine, and It's no longer acceptable to me. There is no lesser evil here. Trump is Clinton and Obama and Reid and Pelosi, and I want absolutely nothing to do with him.

I've seen you hit this drum and I do understand why but I don't think it's that simple. Clinton has a pretty clear leftist with some serious hawk policy (sticking to ideas and platform here, not her abhorrent history). Listening to Trump, you'd be hard-pressed to figure out a coherent policy.

That said, his website lays out a modestly GOP-friendly platform. Trump appears to have little-to-no belief in those as-written positions and is not taking them seriously. If he was, maybe we could have an election on the issues and not the personalities.

I live in Virginia. If I play my cards right, my vote could be counted multiple times in multiple states

I've had a few people tell me that if I vote for Trump they will get their sibling/parent/child/friend in non-swing state to vote for Johnson. Then I mention that my Dad, who until recently thought Libertarians were just Republicans who wanted to smoke pot, is also planning on voting for Johnson in Pennsylvania. Could rack up a few votes that way :P

I am likely to vote Johnson. I agree with his positions nearly completely. I like that he and Weld are committed to co-governing.

Image wise, I wish Johnson didn't come across like the "B team" intellect. I hope he gets more exposure and proves me wrong. I'm not sure he has presidential gravitas--if he did, he might be doing a little better.

I showed some interview to some friends recently and they literally said, "that guy?" They were laughing to imagine him as president. Nothing to do with his positions. They were on board with his positions. Strange issue, but a real one.

He was called smarmy, creepy and ugly because those descriptions fit him. And that's what separates leaders from iconoclasts. Leaders let it roll of their backs and move on.

The GOP convention was pure proof that Ted can't lead or govern.

Ding ding ding.

Cruz was the wrong choice and made sure everyone knew it. If everyone you work with hates you at a deep level, you are not a good leader.

I am likely to vote Johnson. I agree with his positions nearly completely. I like that he and Weld are committed to co-governing.

Image wise, I wish Johnson didn't come across like the "B team" intellect. I hope he gets more exposure and proves me wrong. I'm not sure he has presidential gravitas--if he did, he might be doing a little better.

I showed some interview to some friends recently and they literally said, "that guy?" They were laughing to imagine him as president. Nothing to do with his positions. They were on board with his positions. Strange issue, but a real one.

He was the Republican elected Governor of Arizona. Why do they think he's a light weight?

He was the Republican elected Governor of Arizona. Why do they think he's a light weight?

Sarah Palin was a governor.

Watch him being interviewed. It's the perception he casts. And I plan to vote for him.

Edited by Observer

Sarah Palin was a governor.

Watch him being interviewed. It's the perception he casts. And I plan to vote for him.

He was a Republican elected governor of NEW MEXICO before the recession. That's a big accomplishment in that state; like a Klan member leading BLM or Hilary telling the truth.

Try creating a surplus budget in a state flooded by illegals; where Democrats have owned the roundhouse for decades.

Edited by unbillievable

Gary Johnson

"Cut Medicare/Medicaid by 43%, as part of $1.675 trillion cut. (May 2011)"

"Open the border; flood of Mexicans would become taxpayers. (Jan 2001)"

that would be too radical

No way Congress would go along with any of those ideas

Voter base Libertarian Party

Ballot access expert Richard Winger, the editor of Ballot Access News, periodically compiles and analyzes voter registration

statistics as reported by state voter agencies, and he reports that as of October 2012, the Libertarians ranked fifth in voter registration nationally with 325,807.

Edited by ALF