Bills enjoy jump in season-ticket sales

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to give Russ Brandon credit, he knows how to suck fans in every year

The guy is a genius. With the crappy product they put on the field, he still sells a ton of tickets.

Why are the likes of you guys saying anything about a positive for the team? Can there never be anything positive to you? I'm a pessimistic person by nature but why the hell do knock this story? As a Bills fan I want to say piss off and never enjoy this team again.

Good Bye.

The guy is a genius. With the crappy product they put on the field, he still sells a ton of tickets.

Aside from the whole "brand in tarnished" issue, he's done an outstanding job over the years.

For comparison's sake, the team in 2008 and 2009 had about 55-56k ST's sold.

Why are the likes of you guys saying anything about a positive for the team? Can there never be anything positive to you? I'm a pessimistic person by nature but why the hell do knock this story? As a Bills fan I want to say piss off and never enjoy this team again.

Good Bye.

How is me saying you have to give Russ Brandon credit me knocking this story?

Edited by Max997

How is me saying you have to give Russ Brandon credit me knocking this story?

Hmm, maybe you forgot the other part of your post? "he knows how to suck fans in every year"

See ya.

44,000+ seasons is nice. Still 10,000 less than 2009. NFL says minimum 65,000 seats. How many season tickets will they sell in a new stadium with a $5,000 PSL, $150 tickets and $50 parking? Anyone going to pay $13K for 10 games? Get them now while they are still reasonable.

Definite reason why he is the CEO. He could sell ice to an Inuit ...sawdust to a sawmill...religion to the pope. Think about the recession the country just went through and the Buffalo Bills maintained a healthy profit.

It does boggle the mind to think of what could happen should this team ever start to win more games then they lose. Is it because Bills fans are so starved for a winner that they will grasp at any decent improvement? Or do so many Bills fans think this team is really on the cusp of becoming a playoff team?

The FO basically traded away their best WR for a backup RB. In free agency they overpaid for a starting OG who should be a backup, and grades about as bad as the Bills current backup who filled in for 10 games last season. They trade away next years first round pick for a WR who may struggle because the trio of second year QB's might struggle. On a positive note they might have a top ten defense again, and become better against the run. Providing that the new DC doesn't try and use his notoriously bad against the run "wide nine" defensive scheme.

All I can say now is, the CEO that was impervious to what happened on the field as long as the team made a healthy profit. With new ownership taking over ...everyone at OBD will FTL.

Do I want / hope the Bills field a winning team this year, make the playoffs. HECK YEAH!

The realist in me says 9-7 at best.

Bleacher report says 4-12

Vegas says 6.5

CBS sports 6.5

ESPN says 7-9. really they say 6.8, 3rd in the division

A 9-7 finish might just be good enough to keep everyone employed. We are Bills fans, we can dream.

44,000+ seasons is nice. Still 10,000 less than 2009. NFL says minimum 65,000 seats. How many season tickets will they sell in a new stadium with a $5,000 PSL, $150 tickets and $50 parking? Anyone going to pay $13K for 10 games? Get them now while they are still reasonable.

The season is still 100 days away. They didn't take the 2009 count on May 30.

Aside from the whole "brand in tarnished" issue, he's done an outstanding job over the years.

For comparison's sake, the team in 2008 and 2009 had about 55-56k ST's sold.

Was that in May? There is still a lot of time left. Not saying they will definitely hit that, but it is certainly possible.

Great to see the fans stepping up. Now's the time to show our support. I was more than ready to renew mine.

Great stuff, that is the whole point.

It is a young and talented team that is on the rise. That coupled with what Zow2 alluded to above should not come as a surprise. I am proud of the way that the organization, state and most importantly the fans have responded to this uncertain time. I think that everyone is doing their best to assure that the Bills remain in WNY. They are certainly not going down without a fight. Let's just hope that the positive momentum off the field carries over to Sundays in the fall. Go Bills!!

Vice president of marketing Marc Honan says the team has passed the 44,000 mark, which already tops the total in each of the past four seasons.

http://pro32.ap.org/...on-ticket-sales

Great news! What's the capacity (i.e. tickets that need to be sold for a sell-out) of the Ralph these days after the renovations?

Edited by CodeMonkey

This should be very attractive to a potential owners, since with 101 days to go they could very will exceed 50k. A new stadium would likely only seat in the 60k range. This has to look great from that aspect.

What's attractive to owners is how many luxury suites a team sells, and PSLs, neither of which sell well in Buffalo.

By my understanding these boxes/suites typically sell for between $50K (low end) and $100K per box. A lot of stadiums have around a 100 of 'em or so plus/minus one way or the other.

You can do the math, but that's somewhere on the magnitude of $10M per season.

At $100 per ticket for 70K seats, about what the Ralph has, $7M in ticket sales for the season. And tix don't cost $100 ea. at the Ralph.

I would imagine that if most owners could make, and sell, which obviously they can't, all luxury suites then they would.

Point being, that's what's attractive to owners. Not having a team that struggles to sell their last 20K seats every season, often has to have some charitable business buy them, and a team that ranks among the worst few in failing to sellout their games.

Edited by TaskersGhost

Hmm, maybe you forgot the other part of your post? "he knows how to suck fans in every year"

See ya.

and is that an incorrect statement? and what exactly is wrong with that statement?

Edited by Max997