In which statistical categories will EJ improve/regress?

Assuming that an NFL QB progresses some as he enters his second year under center, I am going to assume that EJ will improve his statistics in some statistical categories and we'll see overall improvement. Let's put him on the field for all 16 regular-season games (god I hope so).

I am interested in your assessment of where he will improve and regress given his development and the personnel around him. Here are some of his stats for 2013: percentage completed 58.8%; yards per completion: 6.4; 11 TD (1.1 TD/gm), 9 INT (.9 int/gm), 28 sacks (2.8 sacks/gm), 159 total yards lost on sacks (15.9 yds/gm).

what I'd like to see

14 + game starts

300 ypg average 2/1 INT ratio.

I understand the 14+ game starts and the 2/1 TD/INT ratio but with our running game, especially considering the OLine we just drafted, I won't expect 300 ypg.

I understand the 14+ game starts and the 2/1 TD/INT ratio but with our running game, especially considering the OLine we just drafted, I won't expect 300 ypg.

Yeah 300 is way too high to expect. I could see about 200.

Edited by rafter

If he can stay healthy for the year and win even 7 games would be a good year.

Looking at stats, I would be very satisfied with 3,000 yards, 16-20 TDs, less than 12 INTs and a completion percentage near 60%.

passer rating will improve from 29th to 20th.

will all come from a better TD/INT ratio.

last year 11 td's and 9 int's

this year 20 td's and 9 int's

I also expect him to run less and get sacked less.

his completion percentage will regress.

Edited by papazoid

I don't think that EJ will ever be much of a pure passer if he cannot do the read option. Three knee injuries do not enhance the chances of him being able to do this.

That said, watch his college tape. He really could run and he is big.

If EJ can keep defenses off balance with his ability to take off ala Kaepernick, he will be a successful quarterback imo. If not, he will bust out but again, jmo.

This is kind of where I'm at. Something like 220 per game with 24 TDs an 12 INTs and I think the Bills will be in good shape.

his completion percentage will regress.

Agree. He'll have more targets and more attempts. As long as INTs don't go up, I'm good with this.

Follow-up question: EJ was known for his running ability. If you're Marrone, do you keep him at home in the pocket, or do let him run and make sure that he slides?

Relatively speaking, what's safer for his knees?

Agree. He'll have more targets and more attempts. As long as INTs don't go up, I'm good with this.

Follow-up question: EJ was known for his running ability. If you're Marrone, do you keep him at home in the pocket, or do let him run and make sure that he slides?

Relatively speaking, what's safer for his knees?

I think he needs that threat potential to run on his game card . Hope he doesn't but dont tell defenses that !

If he can stay healthy for the year and win even 7 games would be a good year.

Looking at stats, I would be very satisfied with 3,000 yards, 16-20 TDs, less than 12 INTs and a completion percentage near 60%.

Not a knock on your post cause I love the stat prediction but sadly a 7 game win season says it all. We have the talent on the roster to be better than that as we were last year. Again, depending on what Hackett dials up and if the ground game can get established I see better than 7. The battles won or lost in the trenches and if we can control that I see 10+ wins. I've been as eason ticket holder for years and how nice would it be to dial-up some post season tixs :thumbsup:

Not a knock on your post cause I love the stat prediction but sadly a 7 game win season says it all. We have the talent on the roster to be better than that as we were last year. Again, depending on what Hackett dials up and if the ground game can get established I see better than 7. The battles won or lost in the trenches and if we can control that I see 10+ wins. I've been as eason ticket holder for years and how nice would it be to dial-up some post season tixs :thumbsup:

Here's hoping you get those playoff tix!!!!

Well I'm going in with very low expectations, mind you. I would take 7 wins if it meant he quarterbacked all of those games and played at a reasonable level. However, I would expect us to win 8-10 if he actually does that.