How long till Sammy signs ?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree, Bandit & I were talking about it yesterday. He said that the highest drafted player with offset language prior to Mack was taken 8th overall. I would have to think that the Bills will concede on that. I just hope that the Mack contract didn't open pandora's box. I think that you are dead on though. The Bills love Watkins so I don't see them picking this battle.

They've bet pretty heavily on his success. If he doesn't live up to a 4 year 20m contract (ie a decent secondary option in the passing game, not even a solid #1) there will be bigger issues than his 4th year pay being guaranteed. He would have to be invisible on the field and trouble off it to be cut within 3 years

8 days, 16 hours, 37 minutes & 4 seconds. By the way he will be using a Bic uniball medium point with black ink.

Russ is cheap. At least spring for a Pilot Fine point Gel. I think your timeline is about right though. He should be signed around Memorial Day.

He can't help it. This thread is like a NASCAR race- sure it's nothing but a bunch of rednecks driving around in circles for hours, but people watch holding out hope that there's a fiery ten car pileup. We posters are always looking for that thread that devolves into utter chaos. This one has potential.

funny..

minor clarification.... Watkins is represented by parkers associate Tory Dandy

S\O to my agent @torydandy for supporting me through this entire process and being a humble successful

https://twitter.com/sammywatkins

Agree, Bandit & I were talking about it yesterday. He said that the highest drafted player with offset language prior to Mack was taken 8th overall. I would have to think that the Bills will concede on that. I just hope that the Mack contract didn't open pandora's box. I think that you are dead on though. The Bills love Watkins so I don't see them picking this battle.

For the less educated of us... what does "offset language" mean?

funny..

minor clarification.... Watkins is represented by parkers associate Tory Dandy

S\O to my agent @torydandy for supporting me through this entire process and being a humble successful

https://twitter.com/sammywatkins

but Parker is the head of the agency, i believe - so i wouldnt call it incorrect that parker is part of watkins direct team either.

if we sign him 4 years 20m (about his slot) and cut him year 3 and he goes and signs somewhere else do we still pay him 5m in addition to whatever his new team gives him, or does he get a salary from them and we just cover the gap from that salary to his guaranteed dollars from us....

bar napkin type example - if we cut him before his final year and he signs for 2m in miami does he take home 7m total (2 them and 5 us) or 5m total (2 them and 3 us)

top picks have been getting contracts saying they get ALL the money from the old team AND all the money from the new (the 7m option above) if they are in that situation, and that typically swaps to the other situation somewhere later in the top 10 - the first spot you see a hang up in negotiations tends to be guys right on that border

Edited by NoSaint

Can't blame him for retaining Parker. He's a douche... and exactly the douche I would hire in Sammy's position. Same thing with Boras in MLB. It's ignorant not to go with the guys that get their clients the most financial security consistently.

100% agree. If I were a projected 1st round pick I'd hire the biggest prick of an agent I could find. It only makes sense. They handle the biz and I handle the football.

ahhhhh this stupid mickey mouse organization. when will you all realize you're just drinking the Kool-Aid? Wake up! this team is doooooooomed.

****please do not read if your sarcasm monitor is outdated******

Sucks that you need a disclaimer...

Language that is offset.

Based on track record of this FO, he'll sign after the #3 and #5 picks sign. Bills tend to follow, not lead on 1st round picks.

Well seeing as how we traded up for the first time in almost 30 years in the draft, I wouldnt put anything past this FO.

I wouldnt be surprised if he signed before the end of this week

CBF

Eugene and Doug know each other well enough by this point. Even though they couldn't reach a deal with Jairus, I'm confident they'll work this out quickly. Although, after giving up two firsts for Sammy, the Bills don't have a strong bargaining position.

Eugene and Doug know each other well enough by this point. Even though they couldn't reach a deal with Jairus, I'm confident they'll work this out quickly. Although, after giving up two firsts for Sammy, the Bills don't have a strong bargaining position.

Rookie pay scale comes into play. Come the time he needs to re-sign I'm sure it will play into the conversation along with how well he is expected to do over his rookie contract.