sam watkins nickname

Canks

0 games, 0 catches, 0 yards, 0 TD's. How about "The Big 0"? Or, we can wait for him to actually do something before we give him a nickname.

.....or we could let people have their fun.

It's a mad mad mad mad idea but if he was a bit taller I'd have liked "The Big W".

I'm glad we didn't draft Mike Evans as I think ME might be the best nickname for him.

It doesn't make him any less right. Yes, people can have their fun. Yes, I see this from nearly every team nearly every year so I'm not pointing my finger at just Bills fans. Yes, it's a slow time of year. But I think the idea of giving a rookie NFL player a new nickname is pointless and kinda wrong in an entitlement way. If the player already has a nickname, fine. Go with that. If not, let him EARN one that has something to do with what makes him successful. It will be a better nickname that way anyhow.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't make him any less right. Yes, people can have their fun. Yes, I see this from nearly every team nearly every year so I'm not pointing my finger at just Bills fans. Yes, it's a slow time of year. But I think the idea of giving a rookie NFL player a new nickname is pointless and kinda wrong in an entitlement way. If the player already has a nickname, fine. Go with that. If not, let him EARN one that has something to do with what makes him successful. It will be a better nickname that way anyhow.

Sounds like you need to take it to PPP

Calvin Johnson came in as "Megatron"...Peterson came in as "All Day", Manziel as "Johnny Football", LeBron came in as "King James", Shaquille O'Neal as "Shaq"...I don't think that you need to play a game before it is okay to have a nickname

Difference being that they, as you said, came in with those nicknames.

This is a fun exercise, but, no offense to anyone, I don't see anything that jumps out and says "that's it!"

Difference being that they, as you said, came in with those nicknames.

This is a fun exercise, but, no offense to anyone, I don't see anything that jumps out and says "that's it!"

I hear you on that; we are certainly reaching. The best nicknames aren't forced. They just kind of appear like when Shaq said, "if Allen Iverson is the Answer, Paul Pierce is the Truth." Hopefully Watkins nickname will be coined following a dominant performance.

I hear you on that; we are certainly reaching. The best nicknames aren't forced. They just kind of appear like when Shaq said, "if Allen Iverson is the Answer, Paul Pierce is the Truth." Hopefully Watkins nickname will be coined following a dominant performance.

Maybe he can be The Shutdown WR or Sammy the Bill.

I only know PPP as "piss poor planning" so I'm not even sure what you meant. I just don't do the school girl crush thing on players is all I'm saying.

Look at the different forums you can enter into, I want a 10 page report on the PPP forum. This is due by 12 pm today.