RD2, Pick #44: T Cyrus Kouandjio - University of Alabama

SDS

I loved Kouandjio's comments today. He sounds like a true leader already. He does seem to be getting a little ahead of himself when saying that he'll talk to players if he sees things that don't indicate they're acting like winners based on what he's seen so far. The NFL is a different beast.

I think he'll be a long-time RT in this league, and hopefully he spends his career here.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about you guys. My opinion is that Buffalo had the best running back tandem in the NFL last year. However, one stat really does stick out. CJs 2nd worst in the NFL at getting stuffed. You can say it's the injury. You can say it's CJ's indecisiveness. Me...I think the OL was the biggest culprit. CJ is built for speed and ankle breaking cuts. He's not a freaking bulldozer. What he does need is a little space so he can get to the next level.

I normally don't like stats because they often don't steer you toward correct conclusion. To me you can't just focus on a specific stat line because there is so much more to the big picture. The Bills picked up FOUR OLmen between FA and the draft. That kind of tells you something. So does the number of injuries our backs had to deal with. Our big guys are supposed to be absorbing those hits, not our most valuable skill players.

Loved that Kujo interview. It's must see TV.

You weren't kidding. Whoa. I just watched it and am sold on the guy. Talk about impressive... "I'm a professional now, I'll get it done. Period." And, what I love to hear, "I love to run block, I'm looking forward to it."

More than that, it's the guy's demeanor. When he was talking about being in winning programs and how he'd be able to tell and speak up if something was off, the cynical side of my brain wanted to write it off as him being media savvy due to the exposure at Alabama but he got me by the end of it. And did you see the size of the mitts on that guy? MAULER.

Probably the only person happier to hear that kind of passion and sincerity other than me is CJThrills.

You weren't kidding. Whoa. I just watched it and am sold on the guy. Talk about impressive... "I'm a professional now, I'll get it done. Period." And, what I love to hear, "I love to run block, I'm looking forward to it."

More than that, it's the guy's demeanor. When he was talking about being in winning programs and how he'd be able to tell and speak up if something was off, the cynical side of my brain wanted to write it off as him being media savvy due to the exposure at Alabama but he got me by the end of it. And did you see the size of the mitts on that guy? MAULER.

Probably the only person happier to hear that kind of passion and sincerity other than me is CJThrills.

I bet Bill in NYC is pretty happy too (as am I)! :D

I don't know about you guys. My opinion is that Buffalo had the best running back tandem in the NFL last year. However, one stat really does stick out. CJs 2nd worst in the NFL at getting stuffed. You can say it's the injury. You can say it's CJ's indecisiveness. Me...I think the OL was the biggest culprit. CJ is built for speed and ankle breaking cuts. He's not a freaking bulldozer. What he does need is a little space so he can get to the next level.

I normally don't like stats because they often don't steer you toward correct conclusion. To me you can't just focus on a specific stat line because there is so much more to the big picture. The Bills picked up FOUR OLmen between FA and the draft. That kind of tells you something. So does the number of injuries our backs had to deal with. Our big guys are supposed to be absorbing those hits, not our most valuable skill players.

I agree.

Why is he being called Kujo?

Kouandjio (Kwan-Joe) isn't that hard to phonetically say...

Because it's close, easier to type and remember, and because Kujo (really "Cujo") is known for being a killer dog. It fits pretty well.

I like calling him, "Cyrus CK."

Because it's close, easier to type and remember, and because Kujo (really "Cujo") is known for being a killer dog. It fits pretty well.

I like calling him, "Cyrus CK."

Kujo makes more sense than Cyrus CK. Basically calling him Cyrus Cyrus Kouandjio.

Kujo makes more sense than Cyrus CK. Basically calling him Cyrus Cyrus Kouandjio.

I was thinking more of an homage to Louis CK, where there CK stands for his real last name, which is Szekely but pronounced "See-Kay."

It's not the same thing, I'm just a big fan of Louis CK, whose schtick is to often tell the brutal truth, which Cyrus seemed to do in his press conference.