Pick #2 for the Buffalo Bills

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My suspicion for first picks of RD 2...just position I think each team is going...a few names:

Hou---Carr

Skins---OT

Browns---Hyde

Raiders---TE

Falcons---defense..anywhere

Bucs--OT or CB

Jags---RB or OL

Hawks---TE

I think if 3 more tackles go.....DE, DT, or TE will be postion thats best available and a need.

I got a feeling that they want go for another carr.

Conveniently overlooked here is the fact that we've already utilized 2 (TWO!) picks this year and have added 2 (TWO!) starting Wide Receivers in Williams & Watkins. That, in itself, would be a banner haul any other year and tells me they're not likely to go TE in either Round today. I think what's high on Whaley's list is garnering at least another pick for NEXT year to soften the impact of the Watkins trade. Remembering how well his scout team did last season with UDFA's after the Draft is reason enough to have faith in something productive coming from there as well. So what's left for this Draft -after securing another pick next year? Building through the middle is a time-tested successful formula. ie: OL, DL, LB, S, RB & QB. Any combination of these positions adds depth with another possible starter. We're set at DB's and over-set at WR. We have a Draft choice PK who never saw the field last year and is now behind the re-signed incumbent. We have bargaining chips at our disposal and Whaley & Co are worth believing in.

I'd start by taking Bitonio if he is there. I would then go with Moses, if both of them are gone then I would go in a different direction. I dont want Kouandjio.

Put me down as a pretty much plus 1. If Bitonio and Moses are gone then I'd hope Crichton or Tuitt are still there. If all 4 are gone then I might consider Kouandjio or a tight end.

EDIT: Actually Ealy is still there isn't he? So add him to Crichton or Tuitt as a DE option. If think one of those 5 will be there.

Edited by GunnerBill

Gotta go OT and then OG in my opinion. If we don't have enough explosive offensive skill position players at this point, we never will. Put 4 WR on the field that no team should be able to cover. However, we still can't block. We gave up the most sacks against a 4 man DL pass rush as was reported during the draft. (I didn't know that). My strategy would be to blitz the heck out of us and EJ won't last two games.

KAREEM MARTIN

I really like Lawerence and Martin. Kareem Martin is a poor man's Clowney when you look at his measurables. 6'6 / 272lb . Ran a 4.72 forty with 22 reps.

I really want Martin actually and there's a chance he is there in the 3rd. If they go OT in the 2nd, I would be all over Martin in the 3rd.

I don't follow college scouting so a lot of the names in this thread are unknowns to me, but I do watch a decent bit of college football, and specifically the Tar Heels since that's my school. Martin was a very productive player for the Heels; their defense was not great, but it would have been much worse without him -- and they play against legitimate competition. I would not be disappointed to see him on the Bills roster.

I don't think they go TE. EJ has enough targets now. That said, we now have an explosive group of receivers, so will need someone to throw them the ball when EJ is injured. With 3 injuries last season, plus an off-season surgery, it's naive to believe he won't be injured at least once next season. They've mortgaged their future by having no 1st next year, so draft a semi-project QB now as insurance. A good GM would have a contingency plan. That, or OT to help protect EJ.

Edited by kas23

Round 2: take the best QB available just in case EJ is not our man after all.

3: lineman

4: TE

then some drek, and we can find one of the best players in our draft, as usual,, as an UDFA.

Here's my list...

1. Kouandjio - OT - The Bills want a power running game...I think he's a perfect RT for it...

2. Niklas - TE - He's a complete TE with a real nice upside...And because he can block he slides right in to Lee Smith's spot...

3. Seferian-Jenkins - TE - Big upside TE

4. Moses - OT - I think he'll slide a bit because he's better suited as a RT...But that's what the Bills need...

5. Hyde - RB - When you can get the #1 guy at a position at #41 it can't be a bad thing...

6. Tuitt - DE - He can play all over the line on multiple fronts...He would be a nice base-down DE option...

7. Lawrence - DE - Should be able to fill out...Has BIG upside...

8. Amaro - TE - He's not an all-purpose TE...But he's a super polished receiver...And he's 6-5 with 34" arms...

9. Gaines - CB -Maybe a bit high...But I just like the kid a lot...

I would be happy with any of them...And that's 9... :thumbsup:

Gonna be interesting, as so many big names should still be on the board. Will they go protection for EJ or TE, DE?

Given that there are still a fair few options on the board that could fit I suspect the Bills try and move back about 10 spots and pick up an extra 3rd next year or at worst a 4th to try and lessen the impact of the Watkins deal. Me personally, I'd just take my guy at #41. You've been brave don't doubt yourselves now.

Edited by GunnerBill