Pick #2 for the Buffalo Bills

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a starter at RT and a starter at DE on the run downs. I don't think we really need a guy like Ealy or the speed pass rushing DEs although you can never really have enough pass rushers. We need a DE who can start on run downs and then have Hughes in on pass downs.

Sometimes they'll grab somebody I've never heard of, and I get a little nutty. Like Kiko Alonso in the 2nd. I was ranting about that, and a guy in my office said, "I've seen that dude. He's a monster." I like that kind of surprise.

Then they'll grab somebody like Torrell Troupe right ahead of Gronkowski and I get drunk thinkin' bout that.

This isn't the same BILLS making those calls...yes, Nix was the GM, but he summarily dismissed nearly all the scouts after that Draft...he came on in January of that year, so that Draft gets a mulligan in my mind...that's why this team suffered through so many bad Drafts, no football GM...those days are gone, see Whaley, Doug for number one example...but I understand the frustration from those days...don't get me started on Whitner over Ngata

Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but here's the list of Buffalo's pre-draft visitors that are still available as of now:

Terrance Cobb RB Cumberlands

Jeremy Hill RB LSU

Carlos Hyde RB Ohio State

Jerick McKinnon RB Georgia Southern

Lache Seastrunk RB Baylor

Terrance West RB Towson

Cody Latimer WR Indiana

Troy Niklas TE Notre Dame

Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill

Cyrus Kouandjio OT Alabama

Charles Siddoway OT Mississippi State

Marcus Martin C USC

Scott Crichton DE Oregon State

Preston Brown LB Louisville

Walt Aikens CB Liberty

Bashaud Breeland CB Clemson

Ross Cockrell CB Duke

Phillip Gaines CB Rice

Edited by thebandit27

OT seems like the most likely pick because we don't know about Hairston's future but if they go BPA I could see Stephen Tuitt or maybe a TE like Jenkins. We really don't have any huge needs with our offseason acquisitions but LB and OL depth would be nice. Also getting Aaron Murray in the 3rd would make my day!

Trade down and try to get at least 1 2015 pick back.

I don't want to trade down for picks in next years draft when THIS draft is stacked up better than almost any in the last 15 years. If we trade back it needs to be for picks for THIS years draft.

I think the Bills will target BPA here. I think they think that a quality OT will be there in the 3rd, honestly hope they are targeting Tardiff, so DE, OG are their targets in the 2nd.

Tim-

Joel Bitonio seems like a good, and logical, pick.

Definitely would like to see a ROT pick and Joel would be good, or Cyrus Kouandjio - Alabama, if his knee checked out okay, or Morgan Moses - Viriginia, or possibly Antonio Richardson - Tennessee.

With the potential to field 5 WRs - Watkins, SJ, Woods, Goodwin, and Mike WIlliams, along with a backfield of FJ and CJ supporting EJ distributing the ball (hey - lots of J's we have here!) along with some serious ROT upgrade in the O-line and that could really jack up the expectations to put up some serious points on the board this season.

Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but here's the list of Buffalo's pre-draft visitors that are still available as of now:

Terrance Cobb RB Cumberlands

Jeremy Hill RB LSU

Carlos Hyde RB Ohio State

Jerick McKinnon RB Georgia Southern

Lache Seastrunk RB Baylor

Terrance West RB Towson

Cody Latimer WR Indiana

Troy Niklas TE Notre Dame

Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill

Cyrus Kouandjio OT Alabama

Charles Siddoway OT Mississippi State

Marcus Martin C USC

Scott Crichton DE Oregon State

Preston Brown LB Louisville

Walt Aikens CB Liberty

Bashaud Breeland CB Clemson

Ross Cockrell CB Duke

Phillip Gaines CB Rice

1 of these guys will be the pick. Don't be surprised if its Martin, the center. Move Wood to G.

I think the Bills will target BPA here. I think they think that a quality OT will be there in the 3rd, honestly hope they are targeting Tardiff, so DE, OG are their targets in the 2nd.

Tim-

From the looks of the OTs they brought in, it sure looks like they are targeting 3rd round guys or if Koundijo slips to late 2nd and trade up to get him.

I could see the Bills making more moves to get guys they are targeting and possibly only coming away with 3 or 4 players total out of this draft.

Edited by BrooklynBills

We need a starter at RT and a starter at DE on the run downs. I don't think we really need a guy like Ealy or the speed pass rushing DEs although you can never really have enough pass rushers. We need a DE who can start on run downs and then have Hughes in on pass downs.

The 4 DL on run downs will Mario Williams, Marcell Dareus, Kyle Williams, and Alan Branch.

The 4 DL on run downs will Mario Williams, Marcell Dareus, Kyle Williams, and Alan Branch.

Possible. To me he is more of a DT than DE, and more specifically a 4-3 DT and a 3-4 DE. He's versatile though. Right now, word out of OBD is that Manny Lawson would start at RDE. He's not built for that.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins (Tight End, Washington) or Ra'Shede Hageman (Defensive Tackle, Minnesota) if I had my choice.

Hageman might be a bit of a stretch, but he has size and alot of upside but he does need coaching up as he converted from a TE to DT.

TE Sefarian Jenkins or Niklas in the 2nd and then OL in the 3rd. I'd like to see a trade. Lots of teams are trying to move up for QB/WR in the 2nd. Grab an extra 3rd and they could still probably get Niklas in the 2nd.

NFLDraftScout.com

2014 NFL Draft: Second-round mock draft: http://www.cbssports...ound-mock-draft

41. Buffalo Bills -- Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech: After trading up for Sammy Watkins in the first instead of waiting for Eric Ebron at No. 9, the Bills can continue and add weapons for EJ Manuel.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz