Rotoworld Pre-Draft NFL Talent Rankings by Team

Wouldn't it be nice to have a team where you knew you would make the playoffs every year instead of wondering if you were ranked in the bottom 5 again. They have to draft a QB every year until they are 100% sold on the guy they have (but they won't)

Wouldn't it be nice to have a team where you knew you would make the playoffs every year instead of wondering if you were ranked in the bottom 5 again. They have to draft a QB every year until they are 100% sold on the guy they have (but they won't)

So a rookie QB has one season to prove themselves? That's rational.

Every one has an opinion. I don't agree and think it's funny they are behind 2 teams they went 3-1 against (and the one lost was a 4th quarter td agaisnt our 6th string cb) but that's his choice.

I agree. We are definitely better than 27th, but they are weighing the uncertainty at QB very heavily. Everything else they had to say was pretty positive.

Thank you. This irrational belief that rookie QBs (or any other position) should walk int the NFL and immediately be great is way too pervasive and, I believe, is fueled by the (far too many) sports talk hosts and reporters who love to have something to generate discussion.

I don't know if EJ Manuel will be a good NFL QB in the long-run or not, but I am confident that he has at least a shot at becoming a good one. I think that being impatient and continuing to draft QBs high "until you find one" is not a recipe for success. Drafting a QB high every year pretty much guarantees that you won't find out much about any of them as there won't be enough opportunity for any of them to improve..

Every one has an opinion. I don't agree and think it's funny they are behind 2 teams they went 3-1 against (and the one lost was a 4th quarter td agaisnt our 6th string cb) but that's his choice.

I think he is taking into account not just last season, but the FA players lost and acquired.

I suspect when you get down to the bottom of the list a lot of the teams are very close and the order is not as meaningful.

If you ignore the numeric order and look just at his comments I can't find a lot of fault.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Thank you. This irrational belief that rookie QBs (or any other position) should walk int the NFL and immediately be great is way too pervasive and, I believe, is fueled by the (far too many) sports talk hosts and reporters who love to have something to generate discussion.

I don't know if EJ Manuel will be a good NFL QB in the long-run or not, but I am confident that he has at least a shot at becoming a good one. I think that being impatient and continuing to draft QBs high "until you find one" is not a recipe for success. Drafting a QB high every year pretty much guarantees that you won't find out much about any of them as there won't be enough opportunity for any of them to improve..

Bingo! Not enough reps to go around.

Most of the good quarterbacks to come in recently were good right off the bat. Most of the meh ones were meh off the bat. I'll put EJ in the meh category.

I think the article is a fair assessment of where we stand. D is solid with question marks on O at QB, RT and TE. As far as EJ is concerned, we need to give him more time to develop. Give him a solid RT and second level TE and let's see what he does.

Here are the teams that I think the Bills are more talented than (in no particular order): Miami, Giants, Raiders, Jax, Tennessee, Washington, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Carolina, and Baltimore. They are in the same league with: Cleveland, Tampa, Houston, Atlanta, St. Louis (maybe), Arizona (maybe), Green Bay and NY Jets.

Obviously some of these teams had great records, coaches or have great QBs but I tried to look at the entire roster. I am sure that I will get crushed for this but those are my thoughts. Flame away...

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Here are the teams that I think the Bills are more talented than (in no particular order): Miami, Giants, Raiders, Jax, Tennessee, Washington, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Carolina, and Baltimore. They are in the same league with: Cleveland, Tampa, Houston, Atlanta, St. Louis (maybe), Arizona (maybe), Green Bay and NY Jets.

Obviously some of these teams had great records, coaches or have great QBs but I tried to look at the entire roster. I am sure that I will get crushed for this but those are my thoughts. Flame away...

Notch below Pitt, Jints and Carolina due to QB. Equal rosters perhaps but QBs a difference maker. And with Pitt and NYG, winning traditions are relevant. But overall I tend to think you're closer to the truth than the bogus expert.