Bills actively trying to TRADE UP.

so, let me get this straight in regards to what counts for news at this time of year.

Bills have the ninth pick.

That suggest there will be better players available before it comes time to make a selection.

Bills like better players.

Best way to get better players is to consider trading up.

Bills will then consider trading up, because it's the responsible thing to do.

That said, no guarantee they will be able to get a deal done.

Which means, Bills will then consider staying at No. 9.

Or perhaps, trading down to add pick.

The sky remains blue.

jw

The sky remains blue.??? You must not live in Buffalo. But I agree, they will either move up, down or not at all.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the talk of a big trade up to the top 3 is BS, but I assume the Bills have looked into trading up a few picks to grab a guy they want. I could see the Bills trading with the Falcons if the Bills want to grab one of the two top WRs, ahead of the Bucs, and I can see ATL being willing to drop down 3 slots if multiple OL from the top 3 are still on the board. The price would likely be the Bills 2nd rounder.

But what do Kevin Massare and Damond Talbot have to say about this?? I'll wait for their input thank you. :)

When asked for comment, Kevin Massare said "road sodas, mmmm" and Damond just started babbling about a division 3 punter.

I say do it. We aren't that far away, we need an impact player like Clowney. Screw future picks now, its time we win NOW. This staff may be on limited time and they want their legacy to be they were the ones to break the playoff drought

Clowney may or may not be the next Bruce Smith. Bruce was average in his rookie year. He had baby fat and was not motivated. Between his second and third year he decided to become great and that he did. Why does anyone think a draft pick will make much of a difference this year? Very very few have a big impact in year one.

SJ is an above average starting WR in the NFL... he has proven that he can drop passes at crucial times... but this year he proved he could catch them too... That means he's multifaceted

WOW, 9, 73, AND SJ....

I would o 9 & SJ

or

9 & 73

but not 9, 73, AND SJ!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but you just haven't been paying attention to the value that players have. Stevie had a pretty bad year last year. He isn't going to fetch more than a late-third or fourth straight up.

Edited by SBUffalo

Several different sources have reported that the Bills are trying to trade up in the draft. Just how far no one knows.

My guess is that they are enamored with DE Clowney or even WR Watkins............two guys that they think can be difference-makers this year en route to making the playoffs.

I get the distinct feeling from Whaley that he thinks the Bills are very close to maing the playoffs and need to make a big move to put them over the top.

I will say that I am concerned that they will have to give up way too much to get Clowney or Watkins. Something tells me that St. Johnson could be included in any such trade up deal rather than mortgaging our precious few draft picks this year.

We shall see.

The former GM would never make such a move.

"very close to making the playoffs" That's rich. What GM would say otherwise?

Some worry who would throw the deep ball too a true #1 talent. like sideline throws, or hit a receiver in stride on a coffin corner. I don't see that QB on the teams roster yet. But who knows.

SJ13 has minimal value in any trade up scenario IMO. better receivers this year can be found in the later rounds.

I don't put deliberate deception past the Bills; Whaley watched as Buddy loudly made Cordy Glenn out to be a guard two years ago, so he knows the value of smoke and mirrors. But what is the value of pretending to interested in moving up? Making rivals give up too much to land a player they assume we're interested in? That's sounds like a stretch. Am I missing something? If not, I'm inclined to believe the reports, especially since if they are working on moving up, it would leak out.

By the way, I'm with those who want to stay put or trade down in this deep draft. Someone pointed out that the Bills are starting depth players in several positions, including guard (yes), safety, right tackle and defensive end and we need quality depth practically everywhere.

Does anyone remember the Bills during the Butler era having like three or four second round picks? I always thought that would be a plausible draft strategy, at least in a deep draft like this one: keep trading down, down, down until you amass five or six second round picks. You can miss on two and you're still better off than most of the first-round teams.

I don't put deliberate deception past the Bills; Whaley watched as Buddy loudly made Cordy Glenn out to be a guard two years ago, so he knows the value of smoke and mirrors. But what is the value of pretending to interested in moving up? Making rivals give up too much to land a player they assume we're interested in? That's sounds like a stretch. Am I missing something? If not, I'm inclined to believe the reports, especially since if they are working on moving up, it would leak out.

Any number of things could happen if you are perceived as wanting to move up when you are not. The bottom line is you want it to be unknown what you want to do...whatever that is...even if it is staying put and grabbing someone you think will be there.

I'd bet the Falcons are happy with the trade moving up for Julio Jones. With that said Falcons traded up 21 spots. They also were set at QB. It'd be a ballsy move, I still wouldn't trade up unless you're one player away from a SB. Or going for a QB.