Bills actively trying to TRADE UP.

Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA

Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon

Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State

I'll take EJ Manuel over Mariota and Hundley! Hell, I'll take Tajh Boyd over Mariota and Hundley! Winston's having trouble with seafood right about now?!?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure that I understand the part about Littman. He is the only one certain to be gone after the sale.

Yes, I assume is he also not going to be looking for another job and may be the only one not willing to mortgage the future to win next year. Plus I also assume he has been Ralph's right hand man through all this time of not going for this kind of trade.

Yes, I assume is he also not going to be looking for another job and may be the only one not willing to mortgage the future to win next year. Plus I also assume he has been Ralph's right hand man through all this time of not going for this kind of trade.

Fair enough, thanks for the clarification.

I'll take EJ Manuel over Mariota and Hundley! Hell, I'll take Tajh Boyd over Mariota and Hundley! Winston's having trouble with seafood right about now?!?

keep an eye on Hundley....he's gonna be a good one.

The sky remains blue.??? You must not live in Buffalo. But I agree, they will either move up, down or not at all.

actually, Buffalo is recorded as one of the sunnier north east cities in the US.

I think that you plug holes in FA (see Graham, Williams, Rivers, Spikes) and find your stars in the draft.

I agree with you completely. But i do not think stars are only found in the first 3-5 picks, Trading away valuable picks in the second round or other first rounders does not make sense to me. On a 6-10 team the Bills need more quality drafts like last years.

Well, I heard that they were talking to various teams about moving up; I also heard that Evans could be one guy that's on their radar (separate people told me each).

I would say both people are reliable, so Massare's story seems to check out as far as what I believe.

Littman has virtually no power now that Ralph is gone. Littman was Ralphs boy to keep the purse strings tight. If you have notice they loosened somewhat over the last couple years. He is a dead man walking as for as this org is concerned. The Trust and Russ Brandon control the team now.

It is Russ Brandon and Doug Whaley's decision on what happens in the draft, no one elses.

I want no part of Evans even at 9. He is not a good route runner. WR is not a great need position. Would be a waste to trade up. Best thing that could happen for Buffalo is he and Watkins are off the board early pushing the OT's and maybe Manziel down the list. Trade down possibilities galore in that situation.

I agree with you completely. But i do not think stars are only found in the first 3-5 picks, Trading away valuable picks in the second round or other first rounders does not make sense to me. On a 6-10 team the Bills need more quality drafts like last years.

+ 1 Bingo.

Only the Bills front office/OBD and some Bills fans believe the team is really only a couple players away. They are a few quality starters away from being maybe .500. Maybe.

Also, I find it hard to believe even for the Bills that they would look to trade UP in one of the deepest drafts in recent history. :doh:

Stockpile some picks please.

I want no part of Evans even at 9. He is not a good route runner. WR is not a great need position. Would be a waste to trade up. Best thing that could happen for Buffalo is he and Watkins are off the board early pushing the OT's and maybe Manziel down the list. Trade down possibilities galore in that situation.

Frankly, I don't get the need for another WR either, be it Watkins or Evans. I'm not really keen on a TE in Ebron at #9 either. Trading back for more picks is what I'm for, as I don't see this team as just one player away.

Unless it is this guy, who fills the need of #1 WR on an offense that has to see what it has in its QB, immediately. Also, Mike Williams is basically on a one year deal because if he does not produce and/or screws up, his contract is such that he will be cut at the end of the season, IMO. We have WRs that can win with route running. We have WRs who can win with speed. Evans wins with size, speed and outstanding ball skills. He doesn't turn 21 until late August! Good article here:

http://forgedinbuffalo.com/sports/2014-nfl-draft-buffalo-bills-targeting-mike-evans-sammy-watkins/

Frankly, I don't get the need for another WR either, be it Watkins or Evans. I'm not really keen on a TE in Ebron at #9 either. Trading back for more picks is what I'm for, as I don't see this team as just one player away.

I agree with you on more picks instead of fewer.... unless it is for Evans.

I think that Yolo hit the nail on the head. They don't need a WR they need a #1. That's why you see a lot of Watkins or Evans but not much of the Jordan Matthews types. If they can get Watkins or Evans I expect them too (especially if it only costs a 3rd). If they do not I would not be surprised if they waited until the 4th for someone like Brandon Coleman that has huge upside.

Edited by Kirby Jackson