Browns to draft Carr

Ruggiero

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1. I think Whaley was smart giving his personnel folks a week off in April and right when he said study long, study wrong, if we are going nuts, the pros that do this for a living must be going bonkers . . . by the time the draft gets here, I think we'll have heard literally every possible scenario for every team --- please don't push the draft back another week next year !!

Welcome to Goodell's NFL: Let's see what we can Fuk with next.

The draft was fine just the way it was,

EDDIE-MURPHY-48HRS.jpg

Edited by filthymcnasty08

See your QB, get your QB.

Personally if I were Cleveland I'd be willing to gamble he's available with their second round 1 pick.

He wont be there at 26.

Pettine is the coach, not the GM, those decisions are above his pay grade

Pettine is going to have plenty of input on that pick.

That too. Maybe they'd like to drop into the #9 slot.

I've had this inkling feeling the last couple days, with Whaley's comments about moving up.

I think the "plan" is to move up to 4 to get either Mack or Watkins. But I cant convince myself that Whaley sees WR as a pressing need in a deep wr draft.

Think how much "feel good" points the Bills would get from the fans if they take Mack.

Browns smokescreens traditionally result in the whole house river going down up in flames.

Edited by maddenboy

A player that we would never of selected going ahead of us just letting one of our guys fall.

Let me translate the draft-speak:

What they said: "We're taking Carr at #4"

What they mean: "All you teams drafting 5-10 that want a Watkins or a Robinson, please give us a call. We'd be happy to swap picks for a nice return."

Think about this for a second...

Question 1. What do they gain by telling the truth about this?

Answer: Absolutely NOTHING.

Question 2. What do they have to gain by lying about this?

Answer: Potentially, a lot! Lets say that the guy they really want is Manziel. Or Mack. Or whoever. By leaking that Carr is their guy, they reduce the odds of someone leapfrogging over them to take the guy they want! I would assume that the guy they really want is Manziel. And this smokescreen is likely designed to fool either Oakland or Minny. If they can convince Oakland and Minny that they are taking Carr, then they are unlikely to trade up with Jax or St. Louis.

I could be way off on this, but it if we were to look at this from the perspective of Cleveland's motivation, that theory would make sense.

That said, it would be GREAT if that is actually what they are planning on doing. If 2 QB's are taken in the top 8, it sure makes our draft pick at 9 a lot sweeter!

Go Bills.

Doubt the Browns would let anyone know this, but this is why I think it's BS that people think no QB's are going in the top 10. When you like a QB who generally has a 1st round grade, you don't get cute and hope he's there at the end of the 1st and beginning of the 2nd round. My guess is that Manziel and Bortles are gone by pick #9, with a good shot that Carr is too. I can understand the Texans taking Clowney, but it would be ridiculous for teams like Jax, Cleveland, Oakland, and even Tampa and Minnesota to pass on Manziel, Bortles, and Carr. Bridgewater is also an upgrade over any QB on their rosters.

We got cute with EJ and moved down, got our man and Kiko pick for free.

There is no way they would take Carr at 4. Plenty of trade down partners in that scenario. I would give up our 2nd round pick to get Watkins.

A couple of things people are missing...

1. Once again, people are too wrapped up in mock drafts, so the idea of Carr going top 5 seems absurd to some of you because you are so wrapped up in meaningless mock drafts that are NEVER ever remotely close to how the draft goes.

2. Browns are NOT the only team that is really high on Carr, and there are a lot of people who feel he is the best QB in this draft.

3. Carr was briefly talked about as being one of the first 2 QBs taken, even the first.

4. Carr isn't talked about as much as the hype machines focus on Bortles, Brdgewater and especially Manziel so he is flying under the radar more.

5. Don't be surprised to see Tom Savage sneak into being one of the first 3 ir 4 QB's taken too.

I don't know if Carr will go #4 to Cleveland or not, but it will NOT surprise me one bit if he's the first QB taken in this draft. If the Browns feel he is their guy and that he may not be there with there 2nd 1st round pick (and I think there is a chance he won't make it to their 2nd pick), then taking him at #4 becomes a realistic option.

1. Once again, people are too wrapped up in mock drafts, so the idea of Carr going top 5 seems absurd to some of you because you are so wrapped up in meaningless mock drafts that are NEVER ever remotely close to how the draft goes.

2. Browns are NOT the only team that is really high on Carr, and there are a lot of people who feel he is the best QB in this draft.

3. Carr was briefly talked about as being one of the first 2 QBs taken, even the first.

4. Carr isn't talked about as much as the hype machines focus on Bortles, Brdgewater and especially Manziel so he is flying under the radar more.

5. Don't be surprised to see Tom Savage sneak into being one of the first 3 ir 4 QB's taken too.

I don't know if Carr will go #4 to Cleveland or not, but it will NOT surprise me one bit if he's the first QB taken in this draft. If the Browns feel he is their guy and that he may not be there with there 2nd 1st round pick (and I think there is a chance he won't make it to their 2nd pick), then taking him at #4 becomes a realistic option.

This is all based on, in my semi-educated opinion, Minnesota's desire to draft Carr. Cleveland wants Mack, and they want Minnesota to move up and take Carr hoping that Mack falls to them.

Now, that doesn't mean that Cleveland doesn't like Carr; it does, however, imply that he's not #1 on their board.

Agreed...

Charles Davis has been saying for a while now that some teams he speaks with have Carr ahead of the other QB's...Not saying he should be ahead of them...Just saying...

And the thing about passing and waiting is this...Folks want to point to last year with EJ...Or in past years with teams trading back up into the 1st...Or even with the Kap/Dalton year...But there is one key difference this year...And that difference is that most teams likely have at least 3, if not all 4 of these top QB's with a 1st round grade...Now it may not be top 10, but it's still 1st round...Meaning if you mess around and wait you could easily get left out...Teams like Dallas and Arizona come in to play...There are a ton of unknowns if you pass...

Point being...QB needy teams in the top 10 who pass on a QB do so at the risk of completely missing out on the guy they want...That's why they usually go ahead and take the QB higher than he may be graded...They don't want to risk missing out on the guy that is the top guy on their board at the most important position in the NFL when they basically have nothing in house...All these "elite" prospect DE's, and OT's, and WR's are never going to have the impact a QB will if in fact that QB pans out...It's a risk, no question...But a risk worth taking because if you're right the reward is substantial...

This is not to say that the Browns will take Carr at #4 because I have no idea...To be honest I kind of doubt it...But if they did I would not be surprised at all...They need a QB...They have two 1st round picks...If Carr is their top QB why not take him there? B-)

This sucks, I was hoping he fell to 9. I was excited for a training camp battle between him and EJ. No reason to go to Fisher this summer, I suppose.

On the contrary, this would be great for the Bills. My Bills fantasy draft is:

1. Houston shocks everyone and gets bulldozed into the excitement and high risk when they decide to take Johnny football but fail at the last minute to pull off a deal to trade down so they take him #1.

2. This mistake gets amplified when a team hoping for a QB later in the top 10 sees Manziel go so warly and trades up into the top 4 and stupidly takes Bortles or Bridgewater.

3. 2 QBs having gone in the top 4, gives the Bills the ability to take an OT who should have been off the board, the suddenly dropping Mack, or heck even Watkins.

If hallucinogenic substances are involved and 3 or 4 QBs get taken before our pick then we could even trade down, get Lewan, and a first year starter level talent with the second pick we acquires, Us picking a QB with our #9 is likely a nightmare for us and a run on QBs by others would be the fantasy that makes our prospects great.