Bridgewater - the luster has come off

Bortles too - neither of those guys are going in the top 10. Probably no QBs.

Hmmm,... I'd like to see a few mock drafts on who's available at #9 if no QBs go in the top 10.... haven't seen one like that yet

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to make a cash wager, but I am down for a friendly, comedy type wager.

If Murray isn't drafted in rounds 1 or 2, I will post, "I know nothing about the NFL Draft. If you have any questions, contact C.Biscuit97." Of course if he is, you can post the reverse.

Sound OK? :)

Works for me. :) for the record, he's my favorite qb in the draft. I just think his injury, size. & arm strength will knock him down. And if he's there in the 3rd or later, I won't mind the Bills drafting him At all.

Hmmm,... I'd like to see a few mock drafts on who's available at #9 if no QBs go in the top 10.... haven't seen one like that yet

Mocks are really based on nothing but one person's opinion. You'd be surprised how much NFL team draft boards are different.

Then show us the team draft boards! We're not picky.

Haha. It'd be awesome right? But I just find it laughable that we can players reaches based on Mel Kiper's rankings.

I also suspect players don't rise & fall on team's boards like the media leads us to believe. Bridgewater has probably remained the same place on most teams boards.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Yeah. I love how these guys have all these new versions of their mock drafts. Just to keep interest alive.

In a way, they're genius. As much as I hate people who treat Kiper's ratings like gospel, I respect the dude. He made a whole industry. With a community college background and no football background once so ever. Amazing.

I think you will see a lot more QBs go in the first round than the second. With the opportunity to get the 5th year option on a player in the first round, it's smarter to take a QB in the first, even if it's a trade back into the late first from the early second round.

I think you will see a lot more QBs go in the first round than the second. With the opportunity to get the 5th year option on a player in the first round, it's smarter to take a QB in the first, even if it's a trade back into the late first from the early second round.

And you would be correct!

Look. -The fact that Teddy's afraid to throw without girl-gloves on, is a HUGE red flag. I'm really surprised people aren't making a bigger deal about it. Bridgewater's pro day (sans gloves) was flat out ugly. He really struggled getting any kind of directional control with his small, bare, hands...How can a bad-weather team risk a high pick on him ? -Shouldn't happen IMO.

He should be on the board as late as the third... I watched Teddy alot at Louisville. I think he's a smart, athletic, QB. Teddy knows when to take chances, and knows when to settle down and play it by the book. He doesn't overwhelm with his arm strength, or leadership ability.

While I don't think these flaws preclude any success from Bridgewater as a pro. I think he does need to find the right fit to be successful. Translation: Teams that really, really, need a QB, should pass on Teddy in the first round.

Mocks are really based on nothing but one person's opinion. You'd be surprised how much NFL team draft boards are different.

Certainly as you progress down the round.... but as you get a few weeks out from the draft, most of the mocks on NFL.com or Draftek get pretty good on at least their first 10, which is where we sit. Obviously accuracy will fall off the further down you go

On the first 10 picks, Draftek in 2013 was 5 of 10.... and in 2012 they were 7 of 10, Many early mocks have had 3 and some 4 QBs picked before #9, if they're cleared out, then 3 more players off the board that the Bills might want.

Bortles too - neither of those guys are going in the top 10. Probably no QBs.

I'm afraid its true, and this would be very bad news for the Bills, having those two guys go early greatly increases our chances of getting a starting OT, LB, TE, or Receiver.

And what really scares me, it probably greatly increases the odds of us picking a Defensive Back, and then we will all have Dick Jauron flashbacks. :wallbash:

I also suspect players don't rise & fall on team's boards like the media leads us to believe. Bridgewater has probably remained the same place on most teams boards.

Completely agree with this take...

I have not been too thrilled with many of Casserly's comments this off season pertaining to the Bills QB situation...But one of his rants recently caught my attention...He was basically going off about the perceived movement of prospects due to pre-Draft workouts and he completely destroyed the notion that it happens often...He said scouts always have, and always will, give their final grades based mainly off the game tape...He said workouts are mainly to separate two prospects who are bunched together at the same position with basically the same grade...He was very fired up while making this point...He was adamant about it, and I do believe he's correct on that much... B-)

Seems every year we see teams "reach" for QB's who aren't top 15 material. When teams are looking for a QB and know who there guy is they WILL pcik him high regardless of what Kiper and McJamarcusRussellisagod say.

About Bridgewater, who cares If he needs gloves? Don't see why its a concern that the equipment manager has to order them,

Watching him when he's playing, he is a first round QB and will be successful with the right fit. I see him as a more naturally talented Christian Ponder.

@KOKBills thank you for posting that, for the first time I agree with Casserly. The first time ever.

I agree with the principle that rarely do players fall on boards all through the spring in the run up to the draft. Players are judged on what they do in the autumn (you guys call it "fall" right?). All this stuff about late risers is just the experts finding out that NFL teams liked a guy a lot more than they did and so have him higher than all the early mocks etc. Cody Latimer is an example this year I think. I liked what I saw of him and thought he was a solid second rounder, so was shocked when all the early evaluations for the experts had him going in the 4th/5th round. Now he is considered a "late riser" I suggest all that's happened is that many teams have brought him in for private work outs that all the draft gurus realised they had him graded much lower than a lot of NFL teams so they bump him up in their mocks and on their big boards.

However, having said all of that..... I wouldn't be at all surprised if the horrible nature of Teddy Bridgewater's pro day has genuinely caused him to fall down some boards. And the thing is he might only have had to slide below one of the other QBs to be the difference between a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder.

Edited by GunnerBill