Aaron Donald

mannc

Check out this profile on ESPN's Grantland: http://grantland.com...nterior-terror/. I would be very surprised if Donald is not the best player available when the Bills pick at 9, if he's even available then. It think he could also be a trade-up target of Chicago or Dallas.

Very impressive footage. I'm in favor of fortifying our DL. This kid must be considered.

You seriously want to go defense with the #9 pick? That's where you see the greatest need? Just asking.

Where did I say that? I just said Donald will probably be the BPA if he lasts until 9. However, I certainly won't be unhappy if the Bills take him.

Where did I say that? I just said Donald will probably be the BPA if he lasts until 9. However, I certainly won't be unhappy if the Bills take him.

He might truly be bpa if no QBs go. Good point . I think he is a bit redundant from what i have read and would prefer a NT added to the roster.

But . It could happen and i will not throw anything at the TV thursday evening over him being drafted by Bills. Especially afetr trading down a a couple spots

That reminds me. .. remove all heavy, sharp or potentially damaging objects within reach of my recliner before the 8th of May.

You seriously want to go defense with the #9 pick? That's where you see the greatest need? Just asking.

I'm an Ebron guy and even I'm coming around to being good with the Bills drafting Donald at #9. If the guy is BPA and he would consistently make an impact in the run and pass defense then he should be considered. He does sound like he could be that type of player.

These draft rankings that you see from the draft "gurus" and on various draft sites tend to have some glitches in them. Donald just may be one of those glitches that the rankers didn't see coming. I saw one mock that had Donald going to the Raiders at #5.

Don't forget, having a nasty defense will give the offense the opportunities that come with shorter fields throughout the season.

A lot of people think the Texans should go with Clowney, but is that the team's greatest need? No way.

Donald would be a great addition to our already imposing D line and would serve as the long term successor to KW. I would be fine with this pick. I think we can address TE and OT in the 2nd and 3rd.

There's not any one "glaring need". Would I want to go defense with the 9th pick, YES! Like Whaley said " This is a copycat league". The Seahawks won the Super Bowl with a dominating defense. The Bills aren't far from having a dominating defense as well. Russell Wilson was a GREAT game manager at QB for them, but it was their defense that got them over the hump. Manuel has enough game management skills with a GREAT defense to get us to the playoffs and probably beyond.

There's not any one "glaring need". Would I want to go defense with the 9th pick, YES! Like Whaley said " This is a copycat league". The Seahawks won the Super Bowl with a dominating defense. The Bills aren't far from having a dominating defense as well. Russell Wilson was a GREAT game manager at QB for them, but it was their defense that got them over the hump. Manuel has enough game management skills with a GREAT defense to get us to the playoffs and probably beyond.

Whaley did say that...But in the clip I watched it was in reference to OT's and the need to have strong bookends to block a Seattle type of Defense... B-)

I think Aaron Donald could play all over the line - and here's my outrageous prediction if he goes to the Bills he gets more sacks his rookie year than Clowney

Agreed. He is 30 pounds heavier than Clowney and only a tenth of a second slower in the 40--and he was much more productive. Not sure how he has flown under the radar for so long.

If he is that good then some team or two will fall in love with him and try to trade up to 9 get him. It's not as deep as a draft for interior linemen as it is for other positions like WR. I'm thinking specifically Dallas and Chicago might be willing to make a deal. He'll be a great player but I'd much prefer sliding back a bit and picking up another second rounder. Then you walk away with three starters - OT, WR and RB/LB/CB in the first two rounds.

Edited by Coach Tuesday