Aaron Donald

mannc

There's not any one "glaring need". Would I want to go defense with the 9th pick, YES! Like Whaley said " This is a copycat league". The Seahawks won the Super Bowl with a dominating defense. The Bills aren't far from having a dominating defense as well. Russell Wilson was a GREAT game manager at QB for them, but it was their defense that got them over the hump. Manuel has enough game management skills with a GREAT defense to get us to the playoffs and probably beyond.

Interesting you mention Seahawks. Whaley also brought up their nascar package. This guy projects very well as a nascar tackle. NASCAR being the d line of all end type players that penetrate quickly.

I would not be against taking Donald and I don't necessarily subscribe to the need for every player to fit a ht, wt, speed criteria. However, I don't see how Donald fits the current regime's "big wins in the NFL view".

Like Hughes he could be a very good situational player. I noticed he slips by guards with quickness, i wonder what happens once a pro level guards gets his hands on him or teams run right at him...

I used to think Tampa would take Evans as Watkins will already be gone, but the more press I've read down here, and knowing Lovie Smith from back when he was an assistant for the Bucs under Dungy, I'm convinced they will take Donald at 7. I could even see them moving up to 5 or 6 to make sure of it.

Why?

Because that Tampa 2 requires two penetrating DT making internal pressure to make that scheme work. They love Gerald McCoy, so you put Donald opposite him and Lovie gets his defense shored up. There are a lot of talented WR so they can use their second round to fill that need. Lovie wants a game managing offense and a top 5 defense giving his team short fields to work on. He also wants a top running game which he has with Doug Martin.

That's my two cents so unless we want to move up for a third DT, it won't happen. If Houston wasn't as greedy, I'd love Clowney opposite Super Mario. My god we'd be incredible on defense with that beast.

Yup, he's going to be a good player for a long time. It does seem hard to pass on someone like that but should our top pick be a 3rd DT? That said, I'd much rather have Donald than Taylor Lewan.

Some here disagree, but I could see Donald getting a lot of snaps at DE. He is certainly quick/fast enough.

Some here disagree, but I could see Donald getting a lot of snaps at DE. He is certainly quick/fast enough.

He really is like Kyle Williams. Unfortunately, he will never be a great run stuffer but he has the ability to get double digits sacks. I'm just hoping he doesn't go in the division.

Am I the only one that sees him as a 1st & 2nd down DE opposite Mario and then you could throw him in the interior on 3rd. He is one of the more versatile lineman to come out in a couple years. Wouldn't be my first choice but also could very well be BPA when we pick.

That's an interesting ideA. Only thing is how many 6'1" DEs are there? I think it's because you need longer arms to keep off OTs off you. It might hard to do that at his size.

That's an interesting ideA. Only thing is how many 6'1" DEs are there? I think it's because you need longer arms to keep off OTs off you. It might hard to do that at his size.

I think Donald is at least as tall as Dwight Freeney.

Good pull. I think Freeney is more athletic but Donald is good in his own right. Freeney was awful against the run & that's been our defense's problem for years. I think we need to go offense but I'd won't be mad at a Donald pick at all.

I used to think Tampa would take Evans as Watkins will already be gone, but the more press I've read down here, and knowing Lovie Smith from back when he was an assistant for the Bucs under Dungy, I'm convinced they will take Donald at 7. I could even see them moving up to 5 or 6 to make sure of it.

Why?

Because that Tampa 2 requires two penetrating DT making internal pressure to make that scheme work. They love Gerald McCoy, so you put Donald opposite him and Lovie gets his defense shored up. There are a lot of talented WR so they can use their second round to fill that need. Lovie wants a game managing offense and a top 5 defense giving his team short fields to work on. He also wants a top running game which he has with Doug Martin.

That's my two cents so unless we want to move up for a third DT, it won't happen. If Houston wasn't as greedy, I'd love Clowney opposite Super Mario. My god we'd be incredible on defense with that beast.

I do agree that Donald is a perfect fit for Lovie's D...There has been a lot of talk about Tampa wanting to trade out of #7...I would imagine if they do so Donald will one of their possible targets...I can't see them taking him at #7 though...But I could be wrong... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

If we don't trade down and Watkins, clowney, Robertson, Mack, Mathews are off. Oars- I hope the bills run up to podium and select Donald. QBs are sliding, and I am betting there is a run on tackles before we semect

Freeney was a freak athlete but the guy I'd compare Donald at RDE would be Elvis Dumervil except Donald is about 25lbs heavier and an inch taller so maybe a cross between Dumervil and K Williams