Bills pick up 5th yr option on Dareus

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yolo....I guess that is correct. When we drafted him I felt he would be the foundation that our defense is biult on. I guess I want to see a player that might put on the Hall of Fame jacket some day.

Yep - he's only 24, has been in multiple defensive schemes since he got here and had some personal stuff he had to deal with that could have affected him to a degree as far as his overall play/meeting lateness... I would say that this year will show a lot. But I do think he can get to that level with a consistent scheme and coaching,

Great article mid last season about Dareus. At that point in the season, he ranked FIRST among defensive tackles in stops. People need to get a little bit of a grip about him too and the position he plays. He's essentially taking on both the center and a guard on every down. There is no question that that is huge.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Kyle-and-Marcell-a-winning-combination/4d84f742-6e9b-4ad3-bdd2-ca945703963b

I wonder if there was a meeting about being late to team meetings involved before it was picked up....

And not to be negative...I wonder if there was discussion about maintaining weight and being professional

I LOVE Darius....but at where we picked him this guy should be one of the very best DT's in the league

Uhhh....did you watch him play last season? He is one of the best.

Uhhh....did you watch him play last season? He is one of the best.

You might try reading the WHOLE thread.....christ

Great article mid last season about Dareus. At that point in the season, he ranked FIRST among defensive tackles in stops. People need to get a little bit of a grip about him too and the position he plays. He's essentially taking on both the center and a guard on every down. There is no question that that is huge.

http://www.buffalobi...d2-ca945703963b

http://www.buffalobi...d2-ca945703963b

I know this is making me come across as not high on Marcel....which is simply not true. My bar on him is just set very high......as in pro bowl every year and hall a famer high...I think he could be that good.

My comments are on how he has to be told to show up for meetings and how he works himself into shape every year when we need him in a 4-3 defense to be able to collapse the middle of the pocket and get after the passer. What I would like to see from him is a guy that shows leadership and forces accountability in the locker room....a guy that shows the other players what it means to stay in shape and come in every year looking to biuld on the next.

This does not mean that I dont think Marcel Darius is one of the best in the league....I do....I would like people to look at him as THE best.

This is a smart move, and something I fully expected from Whaley given how he appears to go about business...it's economically sound, insures their not in a dog fight for a contract after next season and gives them room to negotiate a new contract with him and time to get it done, while being focused on the upcoming season and not distracted by being in a "contract year", for both sides...for different reasons...good job Doug W. and just another example of how he is slowly changing the culture at BILLS, and it won't be fully changed until they start winning and contending for titles...but, it's a start...hell, you don't turn the Titanic on a dime, it's a long, slow turn....hence, the ending of the Titanic