Buffalo Bills schedule released...

SBUffalo

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am disappointed with the Thanksgiving Day thing too, but otherwise, as they say, "it is what it is". The first half of the season looks manageable, so, if they have a strong first half of the season, they should be contending, at the very least, for a playoff spot going into the last few weeks. The last month does look tough, but remember, every year, teams that were good the previous year fall off...and teams that weren't so good, step up in the standings... this will be our year to step up...

How much complaining do good teams do about the schedule?

this..... gotta say I'm more dissapointed in everyone complaining than the schedule, implying some sort of conspiracy... If they really are a good, they'll win enough games. Warm weather teams, cold weather teams, jeeeezus get over it. How many of the Bills players think about that kinda crap when they see the schedule?

I live in Vegas. Thinking of going to the Raiders game. Would any of you folks wear Bills gear in Oakland? Just wondering if it's worth it or just go undercover and not stand out so I don't get killed?

Go Bills!

I am disappointed with the Thanksgiving Day thing too, but otherwise, as they say, "it is what it is". The first half of the season looks manageable, so, if they have a strong first half of the season, they should be contending, at the very least, for a playoff spot going into the last few weeks. The last month does look tough, but remember, every year, teams that were good the previous year fall off...and teams that weren't so good, step up in the standings... this will be our year to step up...

Like your thinking. Very disappointed in thanksgiving games.

Who cares about watching Detroit Chicago

I never understood all of the complaining every year on the schedule. We play rotating other divisions every four years. So this year happens to be the AFC West and NFC North. We're playing a 4th rated schedule so we get Cleveland again, and Houston. Remember what happened to KC in one year, and Houston the other way.

You just don't know what happens. What about last year when Rogers was hurt and the Packers suffered. The first half of the schedule looks very manageable, and in the last month, we at least have Oakland which is rebuilding. Who knows? EJ could take a big leap, and Schwartz defense might stop the run well as he did in TN. Considering our attendance issues are usually in December, is it really that big of a deal we are playing three away games. I don't understand why we keep getting the Patriots the last game of the year away. I understand they like to start and end the season with a divisional opponent, but why not the Dolphins, or the Jets?

I think that most of the complaining is about the lack of prime-time games, than they are the difficulty of the schedule. Even though, intellectually we know better, most of us are guilty of putting too much value on public perception of the team we root for. We spend a lot of time, money and emotion on pulling for this team....I think we all just like to get some national notice sometimes, to kind of let us feel like we aren't completely wasting our time. But recognition or not, we are still watching every game...

It does seem odd, with more national games than ever, that there isn't room for more teams. That Giants/Lions Monday Night opener looks like a snoozer... neither team coming off good seasons. I haven't checked, but I am sure the Giants (big market) will have at least 3 to 5 prime-time games...including Thanksgiving, I think the Lions have 3. Wouldn't that Bears/Bills game in week 1 be every bit as attractive as Giants/Lions in week 1?

I guess the AFC is not worthy of playing on Thanksgiving.

That is probably the strangest scheduling quirk that I noticed. Seems the NFL is starting to devalue the significance of the conferences. I am sure it is all tv network driven. Edited by Buftex

They have the schedule of a last place team in the division. I hate all this whining, especially because no one knows what teams will be good at this point.

Quitcherdamnwhinin'. The schedule sucks. The only hope for 8-8 is if the wildly imaginative bad things happen to our opponents that you refereneced in another crying post. ; )

this..... gotta say I'm more dissapointed in everyone complaining than the schedule, implying some sort of conspiracy... If they really are a good, they'll win enough games. Warm weather teams, cold weather teams, jeeeezus get over it. How many of the Bills players think about that kinda crap when they see the schedule?

Key words in your post : If they really are..good, they'll win enough games.

THAT's why everyone is complaining. Have you seen our W/L record this century? We're not even 'Not very good..'. Ergo, we need every possible scheduling break to give the impression we're worthy of keeping around, then a couple nationally televised games to make us beleaguered fans feel 'impotent', even though we'll lose those games. We weren't given these Buffalo essentials with this schedule.

What is it about this reality that some of you aren't understanding?

I'm going out on a limb 12-4

I live in Vegas. Thinking of going to the Raiders game. Would any of you folks wear Bills gear in Oakland? Just wondering if it's worth it or just go undercover and not stand out so I don't get killed?

Go Bills!

Sadly, depends on where you sit. They have security everywhere now.

So, it's 50:50

How much complaining do good teams do about the schedule?

LOL -- so true. This is a fantastic schedule for fans; lots of home games in the "nicer" months, and a chance for the team to start fast. The last month looks tough on paper, but nobody knows how the season is going to play out.

I'm disappointed in no home night games, but if the Bills play well there will certainly be opportunities for "flexing" as the season progresses.

Just happy I can now make some travel plans. Home opener here we come!

Only thing I'm disappointed in was the lack of Thanksgiving, or Monday night game. Everything else is pretty straight forward. Also glad the NFL fixed the "rest" bias.

We drew tough teams this year, so I don't expect a great season, but that's just the rotation, nothing else.

That is great news. I think the last two years we had 3 teams off byes. Big change in our favour from the NFL. That is important! And, once again, no Pats after the bye, like they really need extra time to prepare for us once a year!

Yeah - and when you include teams coming off Thursdays, last year we had SIX opponents coming off extra rest. The next worst team schedule had 3, and it was the second season in a row where is had been badly lopsided against the Bills.

You're spot-on the only objective measure, the NFL finally cut the Bills a break this year.

Only thing I'm disappointed in was the lack of Thanksgiving, or Monday night game. Everything else is pretty straight forward. Also glad the NFL fixed the "rest" bias.

We drew tough teams this year, so I don't expect a great season, but that's just the rotation, nothing else.

Right. I was excited about the Thanksgiving game too.

Edited by BobChalmers

I got 11-5 but more realistic is 9-11 wins. Got a feeling our D will be top 5 in NFL and the O somewhere in the late teens .

Week 1: Chicago: L

Week 2: MIAMI: W

Week 3: San Diego: W

Week 4: Houston: L

Week 5: Lions: W

Week 6: Patriots: W

Week 7: Vikings: W

Week 8: Jets: L

Week 9: BYE

Week 10: KC: W

Week 11: Miami: W

Week 12: Jets: W

Week 13: Cleveland: W

Week 14: Broncos: L

Week 15: Green Bay: W

Week 16: Raiders: W

Week 17: NE: L

I got 11-5 but more realistic is 9-11 wins. Got a feeling our D will be top 5 in NFL and the O somewhere in the late teens .

I worry our defense will take a slide adjusting to yet another new scheme, and I'm not positive Schwartz is as good as Pettine. Hopefully I'm wrong!

16-0....no more complaints, I'm happy to not have to stay up late, beyond the Miami game. The packers are a throw first team, so playing them in December when it might be blowing snow is okay. Yes we play Miami at home early, weather should be nice, I'm sure the players are not too upset about playing in 95° heat...remember, no Toronto, can't tell you how happy that makes me. Bye week smack in the middle of the season...perfection! I'm happy. It will be nice to have December game that means something.

I worry our defense will take a slide adjusting to yet another new scheme, and I'm not positive Schwartz is as good as Pettine. Hopefully I'm wrong!

Me too. I think the defense will slip and the offense will improve. Ergo = 6-10