Buffalo Bills schedule released...

SBUffalo

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Vegas. Thinking of going to the Raiders game. Would any of you folks wear Bills gear in Oakland? Just wondering if it's worth it or just go undercover and not stand out so I don't get killed?

Go Bills!

How big is your bladder? Can you hold it all game? I would not want to be caught in the bathroom wearing opponent's gear.

For those in the Syracuse television market, even if they're sold out, we will not get to see the FOX games vs Detroit and Green Bay. The Giants have games at the same time, and they get preference on the local FOX channel.

Reading what some of you whiners have to say is almost more frustrating than being a Bills fan. What did you expect? Home opener against Hutch-Tech?

And stop it about the prime time games. The NFL is being paid over a billion dollars for their prime time product and doesn't look to their perennial 6-10 teams (from small markets) for ratings. So please…I mean PUHLEEEEASE!!!

This also times 1000

Not going to pump any brakes. 7 of the last 8 games are against AFC teams, teams we need to contend with for playoff spots. We might win one game of the last 4 and that would be the raiders. We are playing 3 division winners from last year in the last 4 weeks, two of the teams held the #1 and #2 spots in the AFC playoffs.

Look there is no way around this, this schedule sucks ass for the Bills. It will literally be a miracle for this team to make the playoffs with the way the last 8 weeks are stacked esp. the last 4.

Its called the 'flex' or some crap that this year allows CBS who only has AFC teams to have NFC teams for one week. Bottom line its BS for 'we are matching up the teams that will garner the highest ratings'.

I'll say this, if there is any way the Bills can grab a wild card with how we got screwed esp. in December, its the story of the year in the NFL. and God help anyone we face in the playoffs.

Would you rather have them starting out the season playing those teams to come out of the chute 1-5 or 2-6 and talking abou the draft before Halloween? This schedule give them the opportunity to come out of the gates quick & at least there will be a chance of the playoffs once the calender turns to November. This schedule is fine. The only thing I will say is it was a slap in the face not to put the Bills on Thanksgiving against the Lions after RW's passing.

How big is your bladder? Can you hold it all game? I would not want to be caught in the bathroom wearing opponent's gear.

For those in the Syracuse television market, even if they're sold out, we will not get to see the FOX games vs Detroit and Green Bay. The Giants have games at the same time, and they get preference on the local FOX channel.

This is true but you would still be able to go out somewhere that has the NFL ticket and watch them unlike when there is a home black out.

Though wouldn't Buffalo @ Detroit be a CBS game... I thought they networks split the games based on the visiting team?

Edited by Metal Man

Love how Mike Florio writes an article on how the Colts have to play three teams coming off their bye, whereas he said literally nothing last year when we had six. SIX!!!!

There may be more too! There is no snub, real or imagined, to minor for us to get upset about!

All by Mike Florio...one from June, 2013 and the other from November...there may be a few more...but you get the point!

http://profootballta...off-extra-rest/

http://profootballta...eek-scheduling/

Edited by Buftex

There may be more too! There is no snub, real or imagined, to minor for us to get upset about!

All by Mike Florio:

http://profootballta...off-extra-rest/

http://profootballta...eek-scheduling/

http://www.chatsport...ports-1-8044372

Notice how all those articles say "Bills complain", while his piece on the Colts is completely unsolicited.

This is true but you would still be able to go out somewhere that has the NFL ticket and watch them unlike when there is a home black out.

Though wouldn't Buffalo @ Detroit be a CBS game... I thought they networks split the games based on the visiting team?

The NFL website shows the Detroit game as on FOX. Must be payback for Thanksgiving game Chi-Det on CBS.

The NFL website shows the Detroit game as on FOX. Must be payback for Thanksgiving game Chi-Det on CBS.

Yeah, the CBS website is showing it on Fox too.

That's strange, but with them throwing the whole AFC/NFC rotation for networks out the window for Thanksgiving maybe the network split will be slowly becoming a thing of the past?

That's strange, but with them throwing the whole AFC/NFC rotation for networks out the window for Thanksgiving maybe the network split will be slowly becoming a thing of the past?

So I heard that with CBS's new deal with the NFL, it is all different. Not sure of the details but the old rules are not in place.

Notice how all those articles say "Bills complain", while his piece on the Colts is completely unsolicited.

So that doesn't count angainst "literally nothing"?

I would imagine not many analyzed the schedules that closely before the Bills made an issue of it last season. And, as I recall, from the Bills complaint, it was learned that the Bills were not the only team in recent years to have similar scheduling anomolies.

I don't mind the schedule one bit. Week 9 bye is perfect to lick our wounds and push for the playoffs. And don't know why, but having Rodgers, Manning, and BRady that late in the year doesn't bother me, and I believe 2 out of the 3 might even be injured come december!

I think you are right there. In explaining the new Flex rules, somebody (I think it was NFLN) they explained that a network can now FLEX any game, and are not relegated solely to the ones that would normally be an AFC or NFC broadcast. I would imagine that the NFL had to appease the other networks, since they gave the Thursday NFLN broadcasts to CBS. So, traditionally the AFC network, because of the Thursday pacakge, was now being allowed to broadcast NFC games....so, I would imagine FOX would not have been happy about that, and wanted similar flexibility.

Speaking of Thanksgiving...it is a bit odd that all six of the teams playing that day are NFC teams.

Love how Mike Florio writes an article on how the Colts have to play three teams coming off their bye, whereas he said literally nothing last year when we had six. SIX!!!!

Looks like the Jets Home game is the only team the Bills play after their bye week.

And even though the Jets have a bye the Bills get extra time too coming off a Thursday night game. I have no issues with the schedule except that the GB is so late.

PTR

I think you are right there. In explaining the new Flex rules, somebody (I think it was NFLN) they explained that a network can now FLEX any game, and are not relegated solely to the ones that would normally be an AFC or NFC broadcast. I would imagine that the NFL had to appease the other networks, since they gave the Thursday NFLN broadcasts to CBS. So, traditionally the AFC network, because of the Thursday pacakge, was now being allowed to broadcast NFC games....so, I would imagine FOX would not have been happy about that, and wanted similar flexibility.

Speaking of Thanksgiving...it is a bit odd that all six of the teams playing that day are NFC teams.

6 NFC teams and no RG3?! Edited by YoloinOhio

This is a good schedule on the only objective metric - they have more rest than their opponents 3 times - less only once

Play Jets off their Thursday then return the favor.

Play the Packers off GB's Monday Night.

Play the Chiefs off our BYE - Chiefs on normal schedule

3 favored - one unfavored - I'll take that over last year's criminal nonsense

Thank you, great post, this is what we needed to know.