Mike Evans in Buffalo for visit

Not sure about that... Evans is like 20 years old. He is a long-term #1 WR. If both Mike Williams and Stevie Johnson have good enough seasons that the Bills want to keep them both at their salaries, they still can. They don't have much $ into the other WRs as all in rookie deals, and QB position is very low $ as well not to mention TE. To become a very productive #1WR in the league, it can take a few years and he is still a bit raw at route running. SJ's deal is up in 3 years. Evans will be 23 or 24.

All true. In addition, the Bills could also attempt to restructure Johnson's or Williams' contract at some point.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont see any situation in which woods becomes our number five.

as i see it (with evans) our wr depth chart reads something like:

1. evans

2-T. johnson

2-T. woods

4-T. williams

4-T. goodwin

i.e. woods wont be lower than our number three.

If they take Evans, I see Woods as no better than 4, after Evans, Williams, and Stevie. I like Woods, but Stevie and Mike Williams have shown more and Evans is a true #1 WR. When they traded for Williams, and with the glut of WR's, I figure that Evans won't be the pick. But if he's there, he should be since he'd be BPA.

Are you referring too the Marcus Easley 2 catches in his entire NFL career? he wouldn't even be in the NFL if not for the Bills.

yes and he could have been in the pro bowl for special teams. that is why he will make the team over TJ Graham

yes and he could have been in the pro bowl for special teams. that is why he will make the team over TJ Graham

IF st play is why you believe he will be on the team you weren't clear I Was replying to the statement where you list him as a wideout Number 6 to be exact. That's all.

I saw all the games no one deserved the pro bowl on ST but that's just my opinion. With maybe the exception of Carpenter.

All that matters is whether he can read the QB's eyes and beat the DB.

If his college career is any indicator, reading the QB eyes should not be a problem.

Christ, Evans made Johnny Manziel into first round pick.

In related news, after perusing mike Evans twitter, he is looking for suggestions on a novel to read. He says he has never read a full book before. LOL.

Kollege Edukated.

I'm going to tweet at him. Heard of a good one. Something about a cat who wears a hat and gets into all sorts of wacky, mischievous adventures.

I also fear Tampa takes Evans. However, remember Lovie Smith is coaching Tampa now. I can't imagine Lovie and company taking a WR in the first round let alone #7. Lovie teams never invest in WRs. Usually they would take a playmaking player on D. They need to switch the D over to a Tampa 2. I am sure they need to swap some personell in and that won't have them taking a WR there. However, looking at the initial situation you would think they draft a WR. I really don't think it is happening.

I think Lovie would welcome a trade down to somehow land CJ Mosely...I'm just guessing...But Lovie and Mosley seem like a perfect match for what he likes to do on Defense... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

I think Lovie would welcome a trade down to somehow land CJ Mosely...I'm just guessing...But Lovie and Mosely seem like a perfect match for what he likes to do on Defense... B-)

Every player needs to be taken individually but I'm generally not a fan of Alabama LBs. They rarely have to take on blocks. That's why I think Mack is legit. He is the only legit NFL guy in that front 7.

I don't think Tampa will take Evans. They already have Evans in VJ. Yes, it would he stupendous for them to have two of them. But stupid not to address other needs with their 1st pick when the draft is loaded with WR talent. They don't need another huge red zone target and could take a guy 6'2 or so in the 2nd or 3rd to replace MW. I think they will take a QB or Defense.

Every player needs to be taken individually but I'm generally not a fan of Alabama LBs. They rarely have to take on blocks. That's why I think Mack is legit. He is the only legit NFL guy in that front 7.

Oh I think Mack is much better than Mosley don't get me wrong...

Just talking about Tampa Bay possibilities at #7...And of course my assumption would be that Mack is gone by #7... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

If you are talking UB front 7. I think Colby Way could be a good run stopping DE.