Mike Evans in Buffalo for visit

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we take Evans then I doubt both Williams and Stevie make the team this year. Woods or Goodwin would then be the number five guy.

If Evans gets to nine then I would start talking to teams looking to move up. Even if we could get Detroit to throw us an extra pick to swap spots.

Edited by SBUffalo

If we take Evans then I doubt both Williams and Stevie make the team this year. Woods or Goodwin would then be the number five guy.

If Evans gets to nine then I would start talking to teams looking to move up. Even if we could get Detroit to throw us an extra pick to swap spots.

Why wouldn't Stevie or Williams be on the team? Williams can be released after this season with no dead money. Otherwise you can have Stevie restructure, etc... There is no reason to not keep them both this year.

What's wrong with that scenario? Keeping 6 wideouts would be ideal with a group of Evans, Williams, Johnson, Woods, Goodwin, Easley.

Not sure about that... Evans is like 20 years old. He is a long-term #1 WR. If both Mike Williams and Stevie Johnson have good enough seasons that the Bills want to keep them both at their salaries, they still can. They don't have much $ into the other WRs as all in rookie deals, and QB position is very low $ as well not to mention TE. To become a very productive #1WR in the league, it can take a few years and he is still a bit raw at route running. SJ's deal is up in 3 years. Evans will be 23 or 24.

i dont see any situation in which woods becomes our number five.

as i see it (with evans) our wr depth chart reads something like:

1. evans

2-T. johnson

2-T. woods

4-T. williams

4-T. goodwin

i.e. woods wont be lower than our number three.

I think he's the pick if he's there...

But I doubt he'll be there unless there is a crazy run on QB's and Sammie Watkins falls to Tampa Bay...I've been reading a lot about the Bucs pick...There are Tampa fans who feel they already have a definitive #1 WR and the smart move would be to get one of the elite OT's and grab a WR at #38 because the depth at WR is much better than the depth at OT this year (sound familiar Bills fans?)...But I think for the same reasons many Bills fans have favored Evans, the majority of Bucs fans feel the same way...

One thing that is interesting about the Bucs situation is they have a new, experienced HC who is a Defensive guy...The Bucs Defense was right in the middle of the NFL last year...But they have to deal with the Saints, Panthers, and Falcons in Division...I'm 100% certain Lovey would not mind adding a top Defensive talent at #7 overall...The question is will there be anyone there that rivals Evans or one of the OT's in their minds?...And I'm guessing the answer to that question will be no...Which leads me to the possibility of a Tampa Bay trade down...There are also some Bucs followers who seem to think they will look to trade down a bit...The move from #9 to #7 wont cost much...That may be a trade up for the Bills to consider... B-)

I'd like to have him, but I don't think he gets by Tampa bay now.

Same here. I am very happy with Mike Williams, but that had left the Tampa WR group in shambles behind Vincent Jackson.

Not sure about that... Evans is like 20 years old. He is a long-term #1 WR. If both Mike Williams and Stevie Johnson have good enough seasons that the Bills want to keep them both at their salaries, they still can. They don't have much $ into the other WRs as all in rookie deals, and QB position is very low $ as well not to mention TE. To become a very productive #1WR in the league, it can take a few years and he is still a bit raw at route running. SJ's deal is up in 3 years. Evans will be 23 or 24.

I agree about this year. Again, one of the growing trends is use of the spread offense, and we used it extremely well under Chan to help Spiller run the ball. Considering the inevitable injuries and scheme changes which happen over the course of the season, and considering that a rookie WR always does need some time to adjust I could easily see keeping Evans, Stevie, Williams, Woods and Goodwin to give a terrifyingly good group. In a few years, when Williams and Stevie's contracts are up are are getting too high for their level of production, you would still have an immensely talented core of big outside prototypical #1 guy (Evans), DeSean Jackson like speedster (Goodwin) and an incredible route running possession receiver (Woods).

I think he's the pick if he's there...

But I doubt he'll be there unless there is a crazy run on QB's and Sammie Watkins falls to Tampa Bay...I've been reading a lot about the Bucs pick...There are Tampa fans who feel they already have a definitive #1 WR and the smart move would be to get one of the elite OT's and grab a WR at #38 because the depth at WR is much better than the depth at OT this year (sound familiar Bills fans?)...But I think for the same reasons many Bills fans have favored Evans, the majority of Bucs fans feel the same way...

One thing that is interesting about the Bucs situation is they have a new, experienced HC who is a Defensive guy...The Bucs Defense was right in the middle of the NFL last year...But they have to deal with the Saints, Panthers, and Falcons in Division...I'm 100% certain Lovey would not mind adding a top Defensive talent at #7 overall...The question is will there be anyone there that rivals Evans or one of the OT's in their minds?...And I'm guessing the answer to that question will be no...Which leads me to the possibility of a Tampa Bay trade down...There are also some Bucs followers who seem to think they will look to trade down a bit...The move from #9 to #7 wont cost much...That may be a trade up for the Bills to consider... B-)

I also fear Tampa takes Evans. However, remember Lovie Smith is coaching Tampa now. I can't imagine Lovie and company taking a WR in the first round let alone #7. Lovie teams never invest in WRs. Usually they would take a playmaking player on D. They need to switch the D over to a Tampa 2. I am sure they need to swap some personell in and that won't have them taking a WR there. However, looking at the initial situation you would think they draft a WR. I really don't think it is happening.