Who believes in Manuel?

I see such a mixed result in views of our #1 pick from last year that I am curious as to who actually believes in him and why or why not.

IMHO I believe in the kid. He seems to have the right attitude and work ethic. Minus a couple "learning curve" injuries I think EJ is our man. He has all the tools and Buffalo seems poised to put weapons around him and I think he can get it done. Am I in the minority or majority here?

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the potential , I see the athletic abilty , I see the strong arm. I also see some really awkward throws and some easy misses.

He is easily the most talented qb since Bledsoe. I am optomistic that everything will come together but I don't think he is a lock to be a top ten qb.

For the first time in a long time there is a qb with all the tools

I believe in EJ. Strong arm, good head on his shoulders, appears to have some fire in his belly, showed good command of the offense and made some great throws in year 1.

But I also have Edwards and Fitz jerseys gathering dust in my closet, so what do I know?

I'm 50/50 as well but completely 100% on board for this year and if there is at least some progress next. Not too concerned about him being injury prone, with no tears and him aware the cause for concern I'm sure there will be more precautions and necessary weight room work. Very very lucky no serious damage.

Year 2 hopefully with a full TC, he makes quicker reads and has better chemistry with SJ/Woods.

Very concerned that Hackett is outmatched, wanna see more creativity with all the speed we have. Maybe some pistol plays, and more importantly screens. CJ and Goodwin being used better can really open the field up.

I believe he will be ranked the 20th best QB...not good enough.

major concerns are accuracy and his ability to protect himself from injury when running.

These are things he's acknowledged need to improve, so this is definitely a "show-me" year. I really like E.J. but it's fair to expect a big improvement this year.

As K-9 will attest my EJCM (EJ confidence meter) is currently set at 30%.

This is roughly where I am as well. I think that he has slow eyes and didn't like his audibles, accuracy or durability. The thing that was the scariest to me is that they had to scale back the playbook in Week 14 or whatever it was. On the plus side he has good size, a big arm and seems to have pretty good leadership qualities. EJ is easy to like and I want nothing more than for him to be the guy. I am just not convinced.

If Johnny football drops grab him, QB is that important, if you look at it this way by trading down to get EJ last year we in a since got him for free (Kiko would have been a great first round pick and Robert Wood was a great second round pick), with the rookie cap EJ is not a big cap hit either so lets not watch Manziel light it up for the next ten years and wonder why we didn't take him.

I believe in the QB who has only played in 9 games and looked very good in most of them.

It's too early in his career to NOT believe in him, in my opinion.

I will take this stance also. At least we didn't waste our pick on Geno, that some on here were fighting for, and be looking at trying to find a QB again via FA or draft. Let him play more and we will see. I'd say im at about 70% he can overcome last year and turn out to be what we have been looking for.

EJ Manuel's future success is just a random variable on a distribution from JP Losman to GOAT, each outcome with an associated probability. I'd say the probability that he sticks around as a starter is around 50%, the probability that he's a 'franchise' quarterback is around 25%-30%.

I'm 50/50 as well but completely 100% on board for this year and if there is at least some progress next. Not too concerned about him being injury prone, with no tears and him aware the cause for concern I'm sure there will be more precautions and necessary weight room work. Very very lucky no serious damage.

Year 2 hopefully with a full TC, he makes quicker reads and has better chemistry with SJ/Woods.

Very concerned that Hackett is outmatched, wanna see more creativity with all the speed we have. Maybe some pistol plays, and more importantly screens. CJ and Goodwin being used better can really open the field up.

No ACL/MCL/PCL tears, but he did have a small tear in his meniscus. You are right tho, that isn't as serious as tearing one of the big three.

Disagree about Hackett. If EJ had let it fly more often, and had some better o line play, I think it'd be clear that Hackett has a good head on his shoulders. I'm begging everyone who is down on Hackett to check the all-22 tape. There was so much left on the field and IMO most of it was on the QB, be it EJ or the other guys.

EDIT: To answer the OP's question, I don't know. I believe he can develop into what we need, but I'm not sold that he will. I am cautiously optimistic.

Edited by uncle flap