Did anyone hear the interview with FJ yesterday on NFL Radio?

Look he like Stevie is another buffalo 'feel good story', but even with him and Stevie this team can't put together a winning season. Both guys need to be upgraded position wise and thanked for their time here. Just the harsh reality of the NFL, feel good stories and top character guys or winning, you pick.

Really Kelly83....I never suggested it was a feel good story I only suggested that his age was extended because of his late start and few carries early in his career.

you are so intent on stating your thought not replying to actual posts

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look he like Stevie is another buffalo 'feel good story', but even with him and Stevie this team can't put together a winning season. Both guys need to be upgraded position wise and thanked for their time here. Just the harsh reality of the NFL, feel good stories and top character guys or winning, you pick.

Did you not see FJ and CJ were ranked #2 in the NFL in rushing behind Shady McCoy. Then add FJ did as much as CJ. He's an all purpose back that gets it done. You want to win. then fix the line, the pass, and the rush defense, not the run. I'm not crazy about Hackett, but he used the run to our advantage. What if we weren't #2 in the NFL in rushing? We wouldn't have been 6-10. We would have been probably 3-13.

IMO Freddy's earned the right to keep playing until it's completely obvious to everyone he's ineffective. That hasn't happened yet, and if it does I suspect Freddy will have already announced his retirement. I would expect this from a team-first humble leader and warrior.

Show me a team that has a ton of both, you can't. Denver, Seattle, SF etal have players with 'issues'. Hell we made it to 4 superbowls with several so did Dallas etc.

Lets try this again, Stevie isn't a #1 WR and getting paid like he is. He is a feel good story for the fans. From a pure football perspective I dump him, his attitude, and his salary. CJ is a feel good story too, Fans love the occasional long run, wonderful, but he isn't a 25 rush per game starter and that is what this team needs. He is in a contract year, I trade him now. You say put payton manning with these two feel good stories and they are better? I disagree. Denvers WR's had talent hell they made Tim Tebow look good! How could they not look good with a good QB? CJ? He has to stay on the field more than 3 plays at a time for payton to do anything with him. But I am not going to argue the point, Both Stevie and CJ should be traded now while they have value and lets upgrade RB so we can start making a run

It is not going to break the bank to sign CJ. The market for RB's seems to lessen every year where now the good ones are being signed in the 3M to 4M area.

Now, with SJ, I can understand the argument to trade him due to some character flags

What character flags? Celebrating too much isn't a character concern nor is dropping a pass here or there. Getting arrested, locked up, playing dirty are character concerns. SJ plays well mostly. Plays hurt all the time. And engages the fans and city at every turn in positive ways. He's a quirky family man. I don't see character flags.

Show me a team that has a ton of both, you can't. Denver, Seattle, SF etal have players with 'issues'. Hell we made it to 4 superbowls with several so did Dallas etc.

Lets try this again, Stevie isn't a #1 WR and getting paid like he is. He is a feel good story for the fans. From a pure football perspective I dump him, his attitude, and his salary. CJ is a feel good story too, Fans love the occasional long run, wonderful, but he isn't a 25 rush per game starter and that is what this team needs. He is in a contract year, I trade him now. You say put payton manning with these two feel good stories and they are better? I disagree. Denvers WR's had talent hell they made Tim Tebow look good! How could they not look good with a good QB? CJ? He has to stay on the field more than 3 plays at a time for payton to do anything with him. But I am not going to argue the point, Both Stevie and CJ should be traded now while they have value and lets upgrade RB so we can start making a run

SJ and CJ are fine right where they are. You're looking in the wrong place. The Bills are already ready to make a run. But it will be up to EJ Manuel if that happens or not. SJ might have to restructure after the season, true enough. I would give you that.

Edited by purple haze

Anybody who doesnt love Freddie Jackson just doesnt understand the game of football in my opinon.....

My son (who played linebacker and running back) modeled his whole mind set and off season preparation after him......

Father time is undefeated.....but I hope that father time leases him a couple more productive season we as bills fans DESERVE it

Anybody who doesnt love Freddie Jackson just doesnt understand the game of football in my opinon.....

My son (who played linebacker and running back) modeled his whole mind set and off season preparation after him......

Father time is undefeated.....but I hope that father time leases him a couple more productive season we as bills fans DESERVE it

Well said. I hope Fred sees the playoffs with the Bills at least once before he retires.

FredEx is the kind of man you WANT on your team...he works hard, humble but passionate, celebrates with his teammates and takes losses with his teammates, is an asset to the community, produces on the field and isn't a distraction off the field, adds character and leadership to your locker room....all in all, FJax is the consummate professional and all around great guy....I remember some of the disucussions on this board when he was in NFL Europe and a few were championing the guy to come to the BILLS full-time...I had no clue back then and wasn't paying attention, wish I had...for all the things that Levy did to suck at a GM (God Bless him for being an awesome coach but woof...GM, no thanks) he made the right move in bringing Freddy to the BILLS....if I'm wrong on that fact, I apologize, honestly, doing this quickly but as I remember it was Levy at the helm when FredEx made his cross the ocean journey and stayed in B-LO....

This I agree with 100 percent.

What character flags? Celebrating too much isn't a character concern nor is dropping a pass here or there. Getting arrested, locked up, playing dirty are character concerns. SJ plays well mostly. Plays hurt all the time. And engages the fans and city at every turn in positive ways. He's a quirky family man. I don't see character flags.

SJ and CJ are fine right where they are. You're looking in the wrong place. The Bills are already ready to make a run. But it will be up to EJ Manuel if that happens or not. SJ might have to restructure after the season, true enough. I would give you that.

Well, on field penalties for stupid things, giving up on the KC INT for a TD last year, and in general terms of character that seems to be contrary to a "team" first mentality...you are correct in that he hasn't been arrested or flamed the people or city of Buffalo or BILLS fans, I should have been more specific in my statement and failure to do so was in large part due to hastiness, my apologies...but his character, to me at least, is one that is questionable. He seems to like Buffalo and I give him credit for producing on a team when many didn't and some still haven't, but those general character issues remain for me...but, again, I was in essence defending the guy, so let's keep that in perspective too...

Being that FJ isn't a speedy back I find it pretty amazing that he only averaged under four yards a carry in one of his seasons. That's pretty good when you compare him to other running backs. I guess it just shows his consistency.

He has been that!

Welcome to the board.

Terrible, Terrible opinion. Freddy and CJ are two of the most productive backs on a per carry basis in the NFL. I guess some fans want to go back to the 4.0 YPC days of Lynch and McGahee.

He was in the car with Lynch when he hit that girl downtown. Guilty by association.

Tebow looked good? Really... In his 14 career starts he averaged less than 12 completions a game, that's not good, how someone could mistake that for looking good is beyond me. As far as Stevie and CJ, swing and a miss again, they'd be playing on any team in the NFL period. This board has got to get it through it's collective head, you want to trade or release the bottom tier talent, not the top tier. As far as a back rushing 25 times a game, only Doug Martin averaged over 20 a game (21.17) and he lasted all of 6 games.AP(19.93) and McCoy(19.63) were the only other two to average over 19 att. a game. Beast Mode would have needed 6+ carries more carries a game to hit 25. CJ will probably get somewhere around 4-5 mil. per year, that's easily doable IMO.

Kelly83... Why do you even bother??? If you hate the players and the team and are so sure nothing but doom and gloom is in our future, why bother being a fan? Maybe your engrained that way. Been brought up since birth. And that's understandable. But if your so negative all the time, why bother putting so much energy Into a team that you are so sure is going to break your heart and then spit on you when your down?

Kelly83... Why do you even bother??? If you hate the players and the team and are so sure nothing but doom and gloom is in our future, why bother being a fan? Maybe your engrained that way. Been brought up since birth. And that's understandable. But if your so negative all the time, why bother putting so much energy Into a team that you are so sure is going to break your heart and then spit on you when your down?

+ 2