May 8th draft date

I hate the May 8th draft date...should be in April...gives teams more time to round out their roster post draft if they do it in April, especially since they can bring 90 players to camp now.

Big thumbs down too for having to wait til the draft longer as a fan.

Yep, only makes worse the three day format.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It screws me, Thursday night is my daughters pinning ceremony for her graduation as a PTA then Friday is her Graduation. I could give a rats ass about watching rounds 3-7. So I am screwed this year. Hopefully I can see it on my crappy Sprint serviced phone

If you have enough money for season tickets, and to go to Jamaica, you have enough money to receive text messages about the draft... just sayin'

just wait til I tell you that we forked over a large hunk of money to help people pay for the trip just to ensure that they could go. If I told you, you'd hit me. Then you'd expect me to pay for your private tailgates for the rest of yiur time as a season ticket holder.

Overall... I don't give a chit.

This year??? I planned my wedding for May 9th because the draft would be done already. Jokes on me right.

So I've got a cocktail reception during round 1. My wedding and reception through rounds 2 and 3. And a chartered "pleasure boat" cruise for the remaining of the draft.

Couldn't be more pissed.

Sorry! That blows!

This year??? I planned my wedding for May 9th because the draft would be done already. Jokes on me right.

So I've got a cocktail reception during round 1. My wedding and reception through rounds 2 and 3. And a chartered "pleasure boat" cruise for the remaining of the draft.

Couldn't be more pissed.

I missed this somehow.

How friggin' funny is THIS?!?!?!?!?!??!

Kidding. Sorry, man.

Couldn't be more pissed.

Well this is too late in the year for the draft. It is too hard to wait for the draft as it was. On May 9th it will be my 33 year of marriage. So enjoy your wedding Buffalo weill still draft the same players if your watching or not. After saying that it would very hard to go without seeing the draft. I

Well this is too late in the year for the draft. It is too hard to wait for the draft as it was. On May 9th it will be my 33 year of marriage. So enjoy your wedding Buffalo weill still draft the same players if your watching or not. After saying that it would very hard to go without seeing the draft. I

thanks and congrats. Hopefully there's some good mojo going for me.

Couldn't be more pissed.

Get the tux with the earbud accessories to match.

GO BILLS!!!

just wait til I tell you that we forked over a large hunk of money to help people pay for the trip just to ensure that they could go. If I told you, you'd hit me. Then you'd expect me to pay for your private tailgates for the rest of yiur time as a season ticket holder.

Dude your going to be in Jamaica, who cares about the draft. Have a few redstripes for me, forget about the NFL for one week & have a great time. You could catch up on the draft when you get back. Same goes for the guy that is going to vegas for his bachelor party that weekend. There are ton of things I like to do when I am in Vegas, watching the NFL draft is not one of them.

It's going to be interesting to see if they keep the draft this far back next year. It may just be me but it seems the air has kind of been sucked out of the draft this year. When it was late April it was "right around the corner" so it would be getting a ton of ESPN hype. Since it isn't still for another month there has been (to me at least) much less hype this year. I know the NFL likes to stay front and center but pushing the draft has caused/allowed more coverage for opening day and the NCAA tournament. Those are always big events as it is but it seems this year they have received much more play due to the fact that the draft is still so far away.

I feel even stronger about this now. The draft is still so far away it's hard to care about something for this long while waiting on edge liked it used to be. We aren't 7 and this ain't Christmas.

The start of spring used to be great, 3 weeks of March Madness followed by Masters week, a week off and then the draft. A couple months off from football then anticipation builds as training camp nears. Now the NFL wants to be involved in every month as well as grow international venues. I can see a time when fans become saturated from all the marketing and interest fades.

Couldn't be more pissed.

download the NFL app. Not as exciting as the actual draft, but, you can check it every now and then to see what's going on.