Houston looking to trade 1st pick (Buffalo?)

Marrone and O'Brien are good friends. Probably doing each other a favor by floating this rumor. Could see truth in Texans wanting to trade down and Bills wanting to trade up. If you want Clowney, it shows you'll have to do business with Houston instead of St. Louis. For Bills, it makes Rams pick potentially cheaper if they're trying to move up.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Crap! How do I get a job were I can speculate, write about it, and be wrong 75% of the time? Sign me up. If can get my error rate below Kiper's error rate of 75%... I will be rich with huge ESPN contracts.

This is the silly season!

Edited by Iraq Vet

how would that drum up interest?

because more teams allegedly wanting it may create competition, real or imagined, for the right to pick first and get your guy?

especially since the rumor sited pretty much every position in the top 10 as a possible interest the bills might target, from QB, DE, WR, or OT

If true, which I doubt, it would have to be for Mack or Clowney. Watkins would be primarily involved in a teams off. play about 30 % of the time, whereas Mack would be around 80-85 % of the def. plays and Clowney about 65 %. Can't see it for Robinson though he looks to be better than any tackle in quite awhile. How about EJ. and our #1 for Manziel ? The ESPN scroll would explode and we could welcome "Super Troll", Skip Bayless as the newest Buffalo Jill. B-)

Actually I think Evans will be gone by 9. I expect that Robinson and Mathews will also be gone. I would hate to see them trade up at 9. I think a move up with their second and third pick might be the best option for them in terms of acquiring value.

I don't think Evans will be gone by #9, and even if he is gone there is always Ebron.

The Bills are sitting in an almost can't miss spot right where they are, and if they find out that when their turn comes there isn't anyone they want. Then they trade back and pick up more picks, as this draft is supposedly loaded with OT's & WR's.

I can't see this FO giving away several future picks unless its for a QB they think will be the "one".

I don't think Evans will be gone by #9, and even if he is gone there is always Ebron.

The Bills are sitting in an almost can't miss spot right where they are, and if they find out that when their turn comes there isn't anyone they want. Then they trade back and pick up more picks, as this draft is supposedly loaded with OT's & WR's.

I can't see this FO giving away several future picks unless its for a QB they think will be the "one".

Agreed...

I'm usually 100% against giving up picks in any Draft...But I don't have much of a problem giving away picks in 2015 if the player the Bills target will truly put them over the edge...I look back at the Biscuit trade as an example of that...The thing is the Bills already had Kelly, Bruce, and Andre in place when they made that deal...

That being said...I think giving up picks in a Draft that most Scouts are saying is the deepest in a decade is just not too smart...That makes no sense to me at all... B-)

I know its bleacher report, but Pompei is a pretty good reporter. He cites sources saying the Bills appear to be interested in trading up, particularly with the Texans who want to move out of the #1 pick. It's the first blurb under "NFL Confidential". EDIT: apparently this forum won't let me link to the site of the article. Sal Capaccio tweeted the article out for those interested.

Apparently your sources seemed to be correct with this. Now whether or not it happens is another story. I'm not sure what to think of this if it does happen, but there are only 2 players that I see that are on the bills radar if this actually plays out. Clowney or Robinson. The wildcard would be one of the quarterbacks.

The more that I think about it Johnny Football has to be the target. That's one way to go from franchise uncertainty to stability. It is the ultimate RB move. EJ, 9 and 41 (or something like that) for Johnny. That's the quickest way to attaining the support that will be needed to keep the franchise. You immediately have a full stadium and the sponsorship numbers (which are already strong for the market) will grow exponentially.

I don't know how much truth there is to the rumor. My guess is that it has been discussed for sure but who knows how close or far they are. Personally, I like Johnny a lot as a prospect. He is the best college player that I have ever seen (I'm 32). I have seen him a lot too (maybe 20 times) and there is nothing on the football field that he can't do. He is a young Favre. The one concern that everyone has is his durability. If you do draft him it would probably be wise to have a veteran backup that can play a few weeks if necessary. Sanchez would have been ideal but maybe Freeman.

I don't think that under any circumstance the Bills will part with a 2015 #1 unless it is for a QB. If they were to find out that EJ is not the answer they would be in the market next year and would need that 1st to make it happen.