Houston looking to trade 1st pick (Buffalo?)

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intetesting thought with Spiller Astro. His names immediately came into my head when I heard the rumors of the Bills going up to #1.

As much as I really like CJ Spiller, his contract leaving would free up space and you could replace his carries with a guy like Seastrunk in the mid-rounds. I would be sentimental about him being traded as he seems like a great teammate and really likes being a Bill, also I think he could really be a difference maker if everything else is working around him and he is healthy, but that's the biz and whatever it takes to get back the playoffs. I am not sure about who would replace Freddy though... Andre Williams is an option but drafting two RBs in the mid-rounds this year is kind of a stretch to me. Maybe Dixon is their plan to take over that role?

Marrone covets speed (see my sig). Size with speed is more better good.

Marrone inherited Mario. What size was Mario when he came into the league?

Marrone isn't the DC. What does the DC covet?

Schwartz had DTs Haynesworth, Fairley, Suh.

His DEs were Hughes-like, and Wide-9 guys were fastest in space, 1:1 on a OT with no help.

As much as I really like CJ Spiller, his contract leaving would free up space and you could replace his carries with a guy like Seastrunk in the mid-rounds. I would be sentimental about him being traded as he seems like a great teammate and really likes being a Bill, also I think he could really be a difference maker if everything else is working around him and he is healthy, but that's the biz and whatever it takes to get back the playoffs. I am not sure about who would replace Freddy though... Andre Williams is an option but drafting two RBs in the mid-rounds this year is kind of a stretch to me. Maybe Dixon is their plan to take over that role?

Dixon could be the Thunder guy and Seastrunk could be the Lightning guy...

I would make the Spiller trade in a heartbeat but there is no way that is all Houston wants to drop 8 spots. Spiller wouldn't net more than a second round pick maybe only a third. Moving up 8 spots will require multiple picks likely to include next year's number 1.

Marrone covets speed (see my sig). Size with speed is more better good.

Marrone inherited Mario. What size was Mario when he came into the league?

Marrone isn't the DC. What does the DC covet?

Detroit prioritized the defensive line when Schwartz was there. They drafted DL (Suh, Fairley, and Ansah) in the first round of three of their last four drafts. That alone makes me believe they might have a serious interest in Clowney at #1.

BUF trades CJ Spiller and their RD1#9 to Houston for the first overall pick.

1 1 Robinson

2 41 Lewan

3 73 A Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington

4 109 Lache Seastrunk RBF Baylor --- Here's your Lightning...

5 149 Andre Williams

6 185 John Urschel OG Penn State --- smartest OG in the draft

7 224 Cornelius Lucas OT Kansas State*

*Lucas was midrounder but stress fracture in left foot, suffered during pre-Combine and didn't work out for NFL teams prior to draft. Developmental prospect, has OTs' longest arms (36 3/4"), 10" hands, and size (6-8, 316).

fixed it for you

fixed it for you

I do not think that the Bills will be trading 2 1sts and a 2nd for a RT. Watkins or Mack maybe, Clowney possibly but a QB (ie Manziel) is the only reason that they could realistically be looking to go to #1. If they believe that he is the answer than it is possible but no other position can warrant that. As special as some of those guys could be it just isn't realistic. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I do not think that the Bills will be trading 2 1sts and a 2nd for a RT. Watkins or Mack maybe, Clowney possibly but a QB (ie Manziel) is the only reason that they could realistically be looking to go to #1. If they believe that he is the answer than it is possible but not other position can warrant that. As special as some of those guys could be it just isn't realistic.

just my take. I'm not a fan of Mack, Clowney, or Watkins that high. Personally, I think Mack is going to be overpowered in the NFL, Clowney, the same, and Watkins is nothing special to me. I think Barr is going to be the best defender in the draft and as far as wideouts goes, I'm guessing Benjamin will be better than both Evans and Watkins. I don't watch a ton of NCAA but I watch highlights and that's my take. I'd just like to go big and beefy and mail people on the line. Punish people that try and defend the run.

just my take. I'm not a fan of Mack, Clowney, or Watkins that high. Personally, I think Mack is going to be overpowered in the NFL, Clowney, the same, and Watkins is nothing special to me. I think Barr is going to be the best defender in the draft and as far as wideouts goes, I'm guessing Benjamin will be better than both Evans and Watkins. I don't watch a ton of NCAA but I watch highlights and that's my take. I'd just like to go big and beefy and mail people on the line. Punish people that try and defend the run.

I like all 3 of those guys and think that they are all really safe (along with Robinson). I just don't think that they spend the price that it will cost for anything other than QB.

I like all 3 of those guys and think that they are all really safe (along with Robinson). I just don't think that they spend the price that it will cost for anything other than QB.

you posed a good question tho. Why draft 2 OTs when we already have Glenn. So I guess I'd take someone else there. Hell, minus the trade I like everything. So keep that and at 9 take Barr

Would you give all that up for a game changer like J.J watt?

Sure, I'd give up a bunch of picks for JJ Watt, but as far as I can tell, he's not declaring for the draft. As for a player "like" Watt? If we have the ability to identify such a game changer, then sure. But until then, the highest likelihood if identifying a true game changer is through the QB position.

First of all, this trade will never happen. While some fans, including myself, would make this trade for the right guy, I am not sure that the right guy is in this draft. In my mind, there is only 1 position that you make a trade like this to fill, and that is QB. If you believe there is a QB in this draft, or any draft for that matter, that you believe is a true fanchise guy.....a potential Top 5 QB in the league......then you make this trade every single time.

As I said, I am not sure that this player is in this draft. He may be, but I'm not 100% sure. But, I don't have the access to all the inside information, all of the film breakdowns, etc. If the Bills, with all of their information have a strong enough feeling and are convinced that there is a QB in this draft that will be a Superstar, then I tell them to make the deal.....whatever it costs. However, if it is for any other position (outside of MAYBE a DE..........and that is really pushing it for me), then count me out. You don't move out all of the assets it will take to move up that far for anything but a QB. But hey, if the Bills love a QB in this draft, or any draft, and we still don't have that potential Top 5 Guy on our team, you do whatever you need to do to get that QB.

All that said, the Texans would never want to trade down that far anyway, so it would never happen. The Texans are going to take a QB. They are not going into the season with Fitz as their guy. No way....

Some people mentioned Spiller as trade bait and maybe that is a possible. I dont want them to trade CJ but if......

The Bills trade C.J. , E.J Manuel, this years first, next years 3rd. For the first pick.

The only player that I want them to take if they do this is you guessed it ...... Johnny Football.

They can get a WR in the second round like Moncrief from Miss St. to go with him.

Manziel can run this offense, with Fred in the backfield and with Dixon backing him up we still have a good backfield.

Prolly not gonna happen, but with our D all we need is good QB play to make the playoffs.

Some people mentioned Spiller as trade bait and maybe that is a possible. I dont want them to trade CJ but if......

The Bills trade C.J. , E.J Manuel, this years first, next years 3rd. For the first pick.

The only player that I want them to take if they do this is you guessed it ...... Johnny Football.

They can get a WR in the second round like Moncrief from Miss St. to go with him.

Manziel can run this offense, with Fred in the backfield and with Dixon backing him up we still have a good backfield.

Prolly not gonna happen, but with our D all we need is good QB play to make the playoffs.

Oh, if wishing made it so..

I like this, but you do realize you're trying to trade in a couple used cars for a brand new Ferrari? Sure sounds like fun though.

I like this, but you do realize you're trying to trade in a couple used cars for a brand new Ferrari? Sure sounds like fun though.

Not even close. Long before you can declare Manziel a brand new Ferrari he should play a little in the NFL. Pipe dreams are fun. I heard Sanchez is a brand new Lamborghini !!!

Not even close. Long before you can declare Manziel a brand new Ferrari he should play a little in the NFL. Pipe dreams are fun. I heard Sanchez is a brand new Lamborghini !!!

Sanchez is more a rusted out 1978 Plymouth with a shot motor. I don't know what Manziel is long term, but I know it would be fun..