Houston looking to trade 1st pick (Buffalo?)

Then that means they won't :) Haha, but really if it is true they are trying to trade out of the #1 pick, they very well may like Mack more and will take him at 4 or 5 or wherever they end up.

Jay Skurski@JaySkurski 6m

Bills again linked to No. 1 pick - BN Blitz - The Buffalo News http://bills.buffalo...-pick/ … via @TheBuffaloNews

Prisco heard this from league people

Prisco is in my top 10 people I want to punch list!!! He's the worst. Seriously, very few of these guys have sources. I was a GM and heard someone was leaking info to the media, they would be fired. Just a lot of BS rumors flying around. Fun to talk about but very little truth.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prisco is in my top 10 people I want to punch list!!! He's the worst. Seriously, very few of these guys have sources. I was a GM and heard someone was leaking info to the media, they would be fired. Just a lot of BS rumors flying around. Fun to talk about but very little truth.

"league people" could mean anything. It could be Texans employees - "Hey, Pete - I have some info for you... please leak asap."

"league people" could mean anything. It could be Texans employees - "Hey, Pete - I have some info for you... please leak asap."

Yeah, that's it. Leak some stuff, see if you get any trade offers that blow you away. It's all a game right now. 90% of the stuff that is out is total BS. I hate so many things about NE but you rarely hear anything out of them.

If Houston wants a QB but not at 1, then I could see them trading back, but if they want Clowney or Mack they know they have to take him in the first 3. BUT, if they want Carr Bortles, or Manzel one of them will be there at 9, and they might take our pick, 1st next year and maybe a 4th this year to do it. I could live with that if I were the Bills.

Tim-

The only guy you are trading up for @ the 1 spot is Clowney. Period. The thought of Clowney on the Bills line is intriguing. Now you got your bookends with Williams/Clowney, add MD, KW, Hughes & you have one hell of a pass rush. You want to beat T Brady, you get pressure with your front 4. Throw Clowney into a mix that is already pretty good & I don't know how the line accounts for everybody.

The only guy you are trading up for @ the 1 spot is Clowney. Period. The thought of Clowney on the Bills line is intriguing. Now you got your bookends with Williams/Clowney, add MD, KW, Hughes & you have one hell of a pass rush. You want to beat T Brady, you get pressure with your front 4. Throw Clowney into a mix that is already pretty good & I don't know how the line accounts for everybody.

As long as they alternate which plays they each take off... jk B-)

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 4m

Where will Jadeveon Clowney be in five years? Opinions vary. My http://NFL.com column on No. 7's potential: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap2000000342567/article/jadeveon-clowney-phenom-or-question-mark-nfl-execs-split …

Edited by YoloinOhio

Where will Jadeveon Clowney be in five years? Opinions vary. My http://NFL.com column on No. 7's potential: http://www.nfl.com/d...-split …

The thing that I believe makes Clowney potentially more worthwhile at the #1 pick is the rookie wage scale. The guy literally cannot get his mega-deal until after year 3 of his rookie deal, and if he's at all motivated by a huge contract, he'll have to put in 3 solid years of production to get it (at the earliest).

Where will Jadeveon Clowney be in five years? Opinions vary. My http://NFL.com column on No. 7's potential: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap2000000342567/article/jadeveon-clowney-phenom-or-question-mark-nfl-execs-split …

I hear ya but you got to remember if Clowney was allowed to go out 2 years ago he would of been the first pick in the draft. He is forced to return to S Carolina. They lose an early game to Georgia I believe essentially taking them out of the national championship picture. If your Clowney what would be your chief concern. Personally mine would be staying healthy. My point is I don't blame the kid for kind of tanking it at times last year.

Yep, happens every year yet some still fall for it.

I hear ya but you got to remember if Clowney was allowed to go out 2 years ago he would of been the first pick in the draft. He is forced to return to S Carolina. They lose an early game to Georgia I believe essentially taking them out of the national championship picture. If your Clowney what would be your chief concern. Personally mine would be staying healthy. My point is I don't blame the kid for kind of tanking it at times last year.

Mine too. However, GMs are very careful about ensuring their core players have "heart," "love football," would lay it all on the line no matter what. Maybe outdated? But they want that. Now, his measurables are so off the charts I think that will trump all of that. No team wants to be the one who passed on the new Bruce Smith.

Yeah, that's it. Leak some stuff, see if you get any trade offers that blow you away. It's all a game right now. 90% of the stuff that is out is total BS. I hate so many things about NE but you rarely hear anything out of them.

That is because NE ends up with like 20 picks every year, no need to move around and blow smoke!

Highly doubt the Bills move up, and if they did the price must be low. 90% of rumors are blowing smoke, but seems like every year a few end up being proven/or done around draft day, really have a hard time believing this though unless the Bills are in LOVE with Clowney. If the Texans are really pushing to sell it I would've thought you would see the 49ers name come up with how many picks they have which is another reason why I'm skeptical.

No the Bills wouldn't take Mack, his potential wouldn't be fully used here. Clowney or something so bad half this board would go nuclear.

TRADES are'nt as difficult as many think..largely its based on the "trade value chart" but when the first overall comes to play their is usually a "sweetener" ..The trade value chart says the number 1 value is the Bills first this year and next and a 2nd...but also when that happens because its the number one you gotta give up a sweetener so to speak.. weather its extra picks or a player its a given .. but imo if the trade happens and that's a big if it'll be a player added.The TEXANS need wideouts..it might be time for TJ or stevie to learn a new system.

If they're convinced Clowney is the guy, I'd have no problem with them moving up. Getting to 1 would be expensive but not prohibitively so by any means. The past few drafts have demonstrated the fluidity available in the draft with the new rookie cap in place; if the Bills wanted to make a move they could find a way to do it.

Clowney certainly has the ability to be special, which is what you look for with the number 1 pick -- not just someone great, someone with the potential to be special. In the modern NFL you can never have enough pass rushers, adding a talent like Clowney would help not only the entire defense, but the offense as well. If there's an opportunity to grab a guy like that, a guy you believe is a cornerstone player, you find a way to make it happen.

I'm just not convinced the Bills think he's that kind of player. Something tells me they have their eye on another prize and this is all posturing.

Chris Trapasso@ChrisTrapasso 3m

Don't necessarily agree, but good argument here from @RQUINN619 saying #Bills should move up to No. 1 for J.Clowney | http://forgedinbuffa...om/media/sports

It's a good article and glad he points out last years Dolphins trade. Only cost them a second round pick to move from 12 to 3. Some very convincing arguments made.

Where will Jadeveon Clowney be in five years? Opinions vary. My http://NFL.com column on No. 7's potential: http://www.nfl.com/d...-split …

Thats my joke and you know it !

Give it back..........

If they're convinced Clowney is the guy, I'd have no problem with them moving up. Getting to 1 would be expensive but not prohibitively so by any means. The past few drafts have demonstrated the fluidity available in the draft with the new rookie cap in place; if the Bills wanted to make a move they could find a way to do it.

Clowney certainly has the ability to be special, which is what you look for with the number 1 pick -- not just someone great, someone with the potential to be special. In the modern NFL you can never have enough pass rushers, adding a talent like Clowney would help not only the entire defense, but the offense as well. If there's an opportunity to grab a guy like that, a guy you believe is a cornerstone player, you find a way to make it happen.

I'm just not convinced the Bills think he's that kind of player. Something tells me they have their eye on another prize and this is all posturing.

Of course it's posturing.

but i do think the Bills are working it already

That is because NE ends up with like 20 picks every year, no need to move around and blow smoke!

They also have microphones in the war rooms and tapping cell phones

imho